Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That was a test post! Gastric sleeve Wednesday, home yesterday, Clear Liquids until Tuesday, then full liquids for a week, purées for a week, then soft foods for a week. Goal of 64 ounces of Water a day and I’m working on it! Just finished a 30 minute walk with my family who are so motivated to help me! Feeling very positive about my new tool!

I’m all set for May 29th! Started my liquid diet yesterday. I was originally scheduled in March and started the liquid diet then too. Who would have thought life would be turned upside down. But I believe everything happens for a reason and I’m feeling confident this time is it! It’s a bummer the hospital still isn’t allowing any family along, so my husband has to drop me off at the door of the hospital.

37 minutes ago, Angienharry said:

I’m all set for May 29th! Started my liquid diet yesterday. I was originally scheduled in March and started the liquid diet then too. Who would have thought life would be turned upside down. But I believe everything happens for a reason and I’m feeling confident this time is it! It’s a bummer the hospital still isn’t allowing any family along, so my husband has to drop me off at the door of the hospital.

You will do great !! I know it felt weird being dropped off at the hospital & my husband wasn’t thrilled that he couldn’t come with me. The nurses really have stepped up & they were such a support. I am five days post op now. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!

Hi everyone, I could really use some help. I’m post op day 5 & really struggling to get enough fluids in. I just have no desire to sip broth or shakes & every time I sip Water as well I get tremendous gas pains. Any thoughts?

Walk...walk...walk...walk...sip warm tea...to break up the gas. That's what I'm doing.

It's MY time!

I am 10 days post op and am still struggling with Water and Protein. It isn’t gas pains it’s just hard to drink small sips constantly! I am so over liquids haha. For gas pains, I made sure to walk a lot. I have issues with my throat gurgling after every sip so it’s annoying to wait for. I’ve tried sipping different ways, but it’s always the same.

1 hour ago, TexasHeathen said:

I am 10 days post op and am still struggling with Water and Protein. It isn’t gas pains it’s just hard to drink small sips constantly! I am so over liquids haha. For gas pains, I made sure to walk a lot. I have issues with my throat gurgling after every sip so it’s annoying to wait for. I’ve tried sipping different ways, but it’s always the same.

Thank you so much for your reply! Yeah it just feels really right in there. I’m struggling to get much in at all. I’m so over liquids too but you are almost there! Let me know if things change as you move to purée stage!

Posted (edited)

VSG on Friday 5/15! First two days were rough. I feel AWESOME now though. I had my drain out on Thursday and was cleared by my doctor to start back into doing light/low-impact exercising. I did 7.5 miles on my road bike that same day lol, 11 miles the next day, and 8.5 miles yesterday while hauling my 40# toddler on the bike seat (I specifically asked him about bike riding and he said it was fine, just no extreme off-road or anything lol).

I've been struggling hard getting enough fluids and Protein. I’m just not hungry. Not even a little bit. It’s the most bizarre thing. We ordered breakfast yesterday and I got a small Keto bowl with scrambled eggs, tiny chopped up ground turkey sausage, cheese, chopped Tomato and onion. I got in about 3 small bites that I chewed very thoroughly, and that was that. I was able to eat 3oz of puréed lobster bisque last night with a scoop of unflavored protein mixed in. I’ve been sneaking unflavored protein info almost everything. After my bike rides I’ll mix 16oz Water and some ice with a packet of Advocare ReHydrate mix and a scoop of protein mixed in. But the hunger just is totally absent. Don’t get me wrong - psychologically I still desire certain foods. I’ll see a pic on my Facebook newsfeed of someone’s sushi dinner, for example, and I’ll be like “ooh that looks tasty,” but when I think about eating some myself? That’s where my brain draws the line. I just don’t want it.

I’m 20# down from my surgery weight as of this morning (!!!!!!), 9 days post-op. Such a feat Pre-VSG would’ve taken 6 or more months of extremely regimented diet and exercise. It’s incredible and I just can’t believe how great this has been so far. I know the steep weight loss will level off soon but I’m just hoping to continue a nice and steady downward trend to get me to my goal by the end of this year. Just unreal.

Non-scale victory this am: I was able to zipper and button a pair of jeans I bought shortly after my youngest was born and my weight was at a horribly all-time high. I was so depressed. The jeans were a mile from fitting me and I thought there was no way I would ever be able to wear them. Well, that happened this morning! I still have a muffin top and couldn’t exactly wear them out with a tight shirt, but by god they fit!!

Edited by Violetsareblue

Hey Sleeve twin my surgery wa sthe same day! You seem to be having a better go at it than I am for sure! Where did you have your surgery? Wondering how you went to food so soon?

It's MY time!

29 minutes ago, PuddinJasper said:

Hey Sleeve twin my surgery wa sthe same day! You seem to be having a better go at it than I am for sure! Where did you have your surgery? Wondering how you went to food so soon?

It's MY time!

On 5/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, Cia2020 said:

So glad to hear everyone's surgeries and recoveries are going well! I'm not looking forward to going it alone, though not for myself. I'm more of a "don't touch me; leave me alone" when I don't feel good. My family tends to be a bunch of worriers, so I expect a LOT of calls.

Preop is Friday and I'm still in the throes of the evil milk diet. Day 6 is almost over. Totally hit my wall energy-wise. My morning 5k took me 50 minutes! But, I was down 11 pounds this morning.

There's this odd dichotomy of each day flying by but surgery feeling like it's still FOREVER away. Anyone still waiting feel the same?

I had a hernia repair along with my bypass & it’s slow going to get fluids & anything in at this point. Been having a lot of pressure inside & it makes it hard to add more volume.

@Violetsareblue Hey Sleeve twin my surgery was the same day! You seem to be having a better go at it than I am for sure! Where did you have your surgery? Wondering how you went to food so soon?

It's MY time!

It's MY time!

3 hours ago, PuddinJasper said:

@Violetsareblue Hey Sleeve twin my surgery was the same day! You seem to be having a better go at it than I am for sure! Where did you have your surgery? Wondering how you went to food so soon?

It's MY time!

It's MY time!

I had my surgery in south Florida! I’m trying to wait 5 more weeks to transition to eating real food again. I was more just curious to take a few bites of the scrambled eggs to see how I would tolerate them. My doctor did tell me at my one week appointment that I didn’t need to stick to full liquids another week and that I could eat soft foods if I wanted. But in talking with several other sleevers about their post-op experiences, I want to make sure my stomach heals as small as possible. This is a golden opportunity that I will not ever get again. You only get one chance to heal after surgery and I don’t want to mess it up. So I’ll be sticking to full liquids, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and scrambled eggs (eventually) for the next few weeks. And I’m 100% ok with that. I don’t have a physical sense of hunger (at least not yet) anyway. I have my whole life ahead of me but only a small window to maximize the kind of loss I’ll see post-surgery!

8 hours ago, shorti74 said:

I had a hernia repair along with my bypass & it’s slow going to get fluids & anything in at this point. Been having a lot of pressure inside & it makes it hard to add more volume.

I hear standing or sitting upright as possible while drinking can help that tight feeling, and play with temperature. Find out if warm, cold, room temp, or icy hits your spot, as well as flavoring your Water. Some people just can't handle plain anymore. Cucumber or fruit infused is an option, or try flavorings.

I had my sleeve done on 5/21 along with a large hernia repair. I am hitting my Fluid and Protein goals for the day but by the evening it feels so uncomfortable- especially if I stand. I’m only getting barely 300 calories in and can’t fathom adding food to all this liquid. I’m sure it gets better with time but did anyone else experience something similar?

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! Thank you to all our service men and women throughout the world for doing what they do. I'm now 12 days post op and onto puree foods since Saturday. They seem to be sitting fine in little pouchie, but it is so hard to get in all the nutrients I need with just food. I guess I'll be sticking to the Protein Shakes and Protein waters for a while until I figure it all out. So glad to hear that everyone is doing well. :) I think I'm healing all right; my incisions are all dong well and almost all of the pains have stopped. I still get some weird side pains at times, but they go away. The worst is when I have to use the toilet, For some reason, my bowel has decided that no solids means something not right in there so they cramp up something fierce. To the point of nausea a couple of times. I cut back on the colace and that helped a bit. I'm also finding it difficult to know when I'm "full." I tell myself I'm full all of the time, but I'm not actually feeling it. I've gotten hiccoughs a couple of times now after my puree; maybe that is the way I'm supposed to know I'm full now. Oh well. Trial and error. I was down a goodly amount last Thursday, even with clothes on (they take surgical weight with just the gown on), so I'm pretty happy about that. Still trying to get over the low energy. Not sleepy but not motivated to do anything either. I sip, I eat, I do dishes, I sip, I read, I take more Vitamins, I sip, I eat, I do dishes. And so on. I'm going to add in some other light housework this week and see how it goes.