Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are all the May peeps doing? I had my revision sleeve on May 15. I’m doing okay now, healing up. I discovered it’s a little early to try cottage cheese. My stomach said no. Getting fluids in good.

7 minutes ago, kjnelson said:

How are all the May peeps doing? I had my revision sleeve on May 15. I’m doing okay now, healing up. I discovered it’s a little early to try cottage cheese. My stomach said no. Getting fluids in good.

Cottage cheese wasn't until I was at the puree stage, even then it sat quite heavy as did scrambled eggs.

I know there is multitude of post op guidelines where progression can vary significantly, but you are at the puree stage already via your guidelines?

I was sleeved on 5/15 as well. I am now on full liquid and probably wont move to puree for at least 2 weeks by my surgeon's standard. Getting fluids in and keeping them down very nicely.[emoji1692][emoji1692]

It's MY time!

@Machalo haven't heard from you
...how are you making out??

It's MY time!

Hello! My bypass surgery went off without a hitch last Wednesday, May 13th. I was in-patient until Friday and have been home since. Moved to the full liquid diet on Friday as well, and that is sustaining me for the time being. My little pouch is doing fairly well while it is trying to heal; I can feel every single sip as it hits regardless of temperature, but I've not had any rejections even with all of the pills I have to take throughout the day.

I was surprised at the lack of gas pain I experienced, though I was enormously grateful for the absence. :) Don't get me wrong, I still burp and toot, though now burping more than tooting. Pain has been manageable and I'm mainly on tylenol every 8 hours, though I still have some oxy in case I have break-through pain. My tastebuds haven't seemed to have changed; everything I enjoyed about shakes and broths and Water flavors are still consistent. We'll see how it goes when I move to pureed foods. The slight concern I have is one of capacity. I seem to be able to take in an 8 oz shake over an hour or so, and easily 4-6 oz of broth at a sitting. I know they're liquids, but it seems like an awful lot. I'm able to get in 400 cals a day and 80 or so ounces of liquid, so I can't be unhappy about that. I still have not touched the scales. I don't feel a need to yet, so I'm delaying it for a while. I figure that is probably a good thing so I don't obsess over numbers when I'm already at such a deficit in intake. My 3-week follow up is June 4th, when I get to drive for the first time, yay!

That has been the hardest adjustment, I'd say. Not being able to drive and go do what I want. I have to rely on friends to take me to pick up meds, or shop, and I'm conscious of how burdensome the trips are for my friends, who are wonderful to help me.

Okay. That is my day 6 update. Nothing exciting, but all progressing nicely. I hope everyone else is doing well. I can't wait to hear your experiences! ((HUGS))

I'm sooo glad to hear that you are having an uneventful experience. Funny thing is...I am having the EXACT SAME experience!!! I don't know what's gonna happen at the puree stage but liquid is fine for me right now. I'm going to add some thinned out pudding and/or yogurt today. I'll see how it goes! Keep up the good work![emoji3059]

It's MY time!

So glad to hear everyone's surgeries and recoveries are going well! I'm not looking forward to going it alone, though not for myself. I'm more of a "don't touch me; leave me alone" when I don't feel good. My family tends to be a bunch of worriers, so I expect a LOT of calls.

Preop is Friday and I'm still in the throes of the evil milk diet. Day 6 is almost over. Totally hit my wall energy-wise. My morning 5k took me 50 minutes! But, I was down 11 pounds this morning.

There's this odd dichotomy of each day flying by but surgery feeling like it's still FOREVER away. Anyone still waiting feel the same?

Congratulations. If you’re like me you’re going to be wondering why you didn’t do this sooner LOL

I just got scheduled for my covid test for Tuesday at 3 after work. I have to be online all day assisting with assignments and doing video sessions with students, so I figured I didn't want to cry my eyes out as everyone keeps saying they do after the test, LOL. Okay, so maybe that surgery date isn't so far off!!

Just checking in! I had the full gastric bypass on Friday the 15th, and am doing well. I got my drain out today and was advised I could move on to soft foods like scrambled eggs and cottage cheese. However, I’ve already had yogurt and cheese squares. I just make sure and chew at least 30 times and take my time. It’s funny because this gives you a new appreciation for food and to SLOW DOWN. 😂

39 minutes ago, shorti74 said:

I’m new here can someone show me how to respond to a post? Thanks so much!

Are you on the webpage or app? If you’re on the webpage, you can hit “quote” to respond directly to someone or @ them. And the message box will pop up, if you’re in the app, long press whichever post you’re responding to and an options box should pop up allowing you to quote or respond. It takes a minute to get used to. I LITERALLY JUST got it.😂