Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody, I have to get something off my chest, my story towards WLS is this, 5 years ago i was not at all obese, i weighed 65-70 kgs, I actually started college at around 2011 and then moved to Australia to continue my education, but ever since I moved to Australia, I was starving myself, as I did not have enough money to buy myself food etc, then at 2014 I finished my college and moved to Canada for about 4-5 years, there it got even worse, since my field was really hard to get a job (audio engineering), I was starving myself there as well, ever since 2012 i was moving to different countries, in total 4 countries Dubai, India, Canada and Australia, but was eating well here and there, parents were sending some money, at the brink of 2016, I became homeless in Canada, for almost 8months, at that period I was eating like 1 meal a day, surprisingly I was still about 65kgs by the end of that phase, but then I committed a crime while I was in the streets and they sent me a psychiatric hospital, that's when things took a turn for the worst, after about 3 months of staying in the hospital, they started me on psychiatric meds (aripiperzole abilify) but in about 20 days I saw my weight rise from 65 to 75, then about 10 days later it rose to 85, then slowly 95, then about 6 months later I was at 110, I thought I maxed out but I gained another 7kgs in the next 6 months, also the food was rich in the hospital but very tiny portions, then they switched me to clopixol, did not help, infact caused infertility and sexual problems, I have one question for all of you, does bariatric surgery work for person like me? Does weight gain from psychiatric meds happen in like 15 days? If so that is big problem. Since I have a bad history with nutrition and my metabolism is in really bad shape, but I got out a year and 6 months ago, and i started eating a lot once I got out due to all the deprivation, I was never even planning on doing bariatric surgery, did not even know what it was, so guys please share your experience with starvation, metabolism, weight gain, psychiatric meds. Oh I did mention this to the doctor and he said that's nothing to worry about. But what do you guys think? I really want answers guys, this has been in my chest for a long time now. Thank you all for listening. Oh and I have finished my surgery , it's been 19 days, I have lost about 12kgs. Things are going well, but I don't want it stall all of a sudden and then one fine day it never moves again. That would be a nightmare, I just want some clarity on this topic. Thanks again.

Wow Rough road you have traveled. This is the first time I have ever posted something like this. I am concerned that you have a tool and have no clue how to use it. Really focus on the diet, Vitamins and minerals! Take it slow and easy and check in here all the time.

You can get a buddy on here to help you - In fact due to all your bad luck I will volunteer to help and mentor you. Kinda wanted to wait a little longer but I can help you out PM me any questions you need. There are great people here who can answer what I can not

As for Stalls stop focusing on the negatives, You stay on plan and this is a journey not a sprint! Stalls will happen but Stalls will break also

1 hour ago, AJ Tylo said:

Wow Rough road you have traveled. This is the first time I have ever posted something like this. I am concerned that you have a tool and have no clue how to use it. Really focus on the diet, Vitamins and minerals! Take it slow and easy and check in here all the time.

You can get a buddy on here to help you - In fact due to all your bad luck I will volunteer to help and mentor you. Kinda wanted to wait a little longer but I can help you out PM me any questions you need. There are great people here who can answer what I can not

As for Stalls stop focusing on the negatives, You stay on plan and this is a journey not a sprint! Stalls will happen but Stalls will break also

Thanks a lot bro, I'll pm you any questions o have, thanks for being my mentor, life's a rollercoaster ride. There's always the ups and downs. But now I am actually doing fine financially. Started up a recording studio in India. Your absolutely right about the tool thing, there's just so much potential here and I'd hate to see it go down the drain myself. Thanks for the support.

1 minute ago, DivyanChris said:

Thanks a lot bro, I'll pm you any questions o have, thanks for being my mentor, life's a rollercoaster ride. There's always the ups and downs. But now I am actually doing fine financially. Started up a recording studio in India. Your absolutely right about the tool thing, there's just so much potential here and I'd hate to see it go down the drain myself. Thanks for the support.

@AJ Tylo is cool people take him up on the offer.....Good luck