Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a surgery buddy with similar stats!

My friends and family have been wholly supportive, but none of them really understand what I'm going through. Looking for a surgery buddy with similar stats to be my weight loss BFF!

I'm a 41 year old female, 5'5", starting weight 260. VSG is scheduled for April 7th!

Anybody out there like me?!

31 minutes ago, CarlyK said:

My friends and family have been wholly supportive, but none of them really understand what I'm going through. Looking for a surgery buddy with similar stats to be my weight loss BFF!

I'm a 41 year old female, 5'5", starting weight 260. VSG is scheduled for April 7th!

I'm not exact, my surgery is April 1st, I am 41 and 5'4". I was 291, now I'm 300 because I gained quitting smoking. Trying to get some of that back off now. I have my 1st surgeon appointment this Thursday, them dietisoan and liquid diet class the following monday. Getting real around here!

33 minutes ago, CarlyK said:

Oh and I'm having gastric bypass though instead of sleeve.

Fingers crossed I my approval next week. I’m hoping for an April 13th surgery date. I’m 5’0, 215, 34 years old

I'm close! 38, 5'5" on the nose, starting weight 257, having VSG on March 26th. I start my 2 week all liquid milk diet tomorrow. Ughs! I'm already down to 238/240 doing 1 Breakfast shake and 90 carbs a day since November then doing breakfast and lunch shakes starting 3 weeks ago with 50 carbs or less a day so we will see how far I drop in the next two weeks. I also walk/jog a 5k every morning.

Don't look for a surgery buddy as just someone who is close to your stats though... that's a good way to go nuts if you're looking to compare journeys. Everyone loses different. The monthly groups are nice because you can see who is having similar dates and types of surgery to you. Other than that, it's mostly relative. Close by? Similar food plans? Etc...

13 hours ago, Cia2020 said:

I'm close! 38, 5'5" on the nose, starting weight 257, having VSG on March 26th. I start my 2 week all liquid milk diet tomorrow. Ughs! I'm already down to 238/240 doing 1 Breakfast shake and 90 carbs a day since November then doing Breakfast and lunch shakes starting 3 weeks ago with 50 carbs or less a day so we will see how far I drop in the next two weeks. I also walk/jog a 5k every morning.

Don't look for a surgery buddy as just someone who is close to your stats though... that's a good way to go nuts if you're looking to compare journeys. Everyone loses different. The monthly groups are nice because you can see who is having similar dates and types of surgery to you. Other than that, it's mostly relative. Close by? Similar food plans? Etc...

Cia, I totally get what you're saying about comparing journeys. But it is a little hard for me to relate to someone who has a lot more weight to lose than me, or who is much older/younger, or a man!

@CarlyK Truth. My best friend had this surgery 1.5 years ago, and I went in weighing 10 more pounds than she did, but I'm 2-3 inches taller, have more muscle mass, etc... It's SUPER nice to have someone you can check in and relate with and say, "This is what I am doing/feeling, what about you?!"

On 3/10/2020 at 5:21 PM, CarlyK said:

Hi, I’m brand new user of this site, I just registered in fact. I found it by searching online for a bariatric subscription box which I see they offer here. Anyway, I’m female, I just turned 43, I’m about 5’6” and starting weight at right around 258 so we are pretty close as far as numbers go. I’m planning to have gastric bypass though as it’s what’s been recommended this far because of my GERD/acid reflux. I’ve been at this for several months (not too far from a year actually) and I was approved by my insurance just recently. I don’t have a surgery date yet as I have a rescheduled EGD I need to complete. I’ve done everything else and some of it twice as I was originally trying for the surgery before the beginning of the year - when I had maxed my out of pocket on my insurance last year. Didn’t make it for a few reasons but anyway I’m rambling, sorry, just want to say that I’m looking for all of the support I can get as well as only my husband is aware of the surgery and I’m not planning to tell family that lives back home in another state. I’m excited to learn more and also possibly order a couple of products to try. I guess it might be best to visit the post-op forum for suggestions on that or see what other forums are available. Thank you for reading if you have this far - I have MDD & TRD (Major Depressive Disorder & Treatment Resistant Depression) so this process/journey seems to be even more difficult for persons like me. But I’m determined to get through it if it’s the right thing for me and so far it seems it is. Happy to be a surgery buddy with you OP if you’d like and also just happy to be here to meet you all and I welcome any suggestions or advice!

On 3/10/2020 at 4:21 PM, CarlyK said:

I'm 38, 5'5" (ish) and 232. My sleeve is currently scheduled for 05/12/2020, so we're pretty close in stats and date!

I’m 37, 5’3, 275 lbs and sgy is supposed to be June 2:)