Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

Ok i live in Florida where this is totally out of control, So you have a little pain, anxiety whatever there are much better solutions then getting stoned on the highest grade THC products

I am not a smoke and never liked it but I have a huge vodka issue! So this is just my view

You are getting the WLS for one reason to get healthy, Hitting THC and Drinking will never mix with this! So get all you tools in a row and get clean and healthy!

I just do not get how trying to balance addiction to food with a addiction to THC will ever work. Get all the way in or jump out

What works for one does not work for all. I do not drink alcohol of any kind, have never cared for it, and strongly advise against mixing MM and alcohol. By the same token, I don’t believe mixing MM and alcohol was even part of this thread. Used sparingly and PRN, each has its rightful and legal place. The subject of addiction is an entirely different topic.

5 minutes ago, Lily66 said:

What works for one does not work for all. I do not drink alcohol of any kind, have never cared for it, and strongly advise against mixing MM and alcohol. By the same token, I don’t believe mixing MM and alcohol was even part of this thread. Used sparingly and PRN, each has its rightful and legal place. The subject of addiction is an entirely different topic.

🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

Oh I agree a puff on Friday is ok - Or a glass of wine wont kill any of us - But every single person on this site has a addiction issue - None of us could control our weight and food intake! That is a fact, so my view we have to be even more careful during this journey that we are not transferring out addiction to food to say pot or alcohol. We all did this to get healthy and see no health benefits from Pot or Vodka,

One thing i know for sure I will die way younger then i should have due to beating he hell out of myself and playing way to hard with Vodka, lifestyle and smoking! Nobody can dispute that fact, I just hope all the work we all are doing to get healthy can offset the damage we have done already

Heres my thing, there is a lot of research done these days, and its proven that taking in medical marijuana by ingesting it, is way healthier then alcohol and doesnt have addictive traits like alcohol. These are facts. Not opinions. I dont encourage anyone to do anything. ONLY MY EXPERIENCE. They day i came home i had my infused coconut oil and i still do to this day. And i think ive been pretty successful. Anyone that takes a prescription drug has no right to tell anyone else that this prescription is different. The days of close minded "marijuana is the devil" are over. Please i encourage you to do your research before you bash something that youve been told your whole life is the devil so thats what you believe. I hope everyone finds what THEY NEED to be successful on this journey. We are all different and may take different roads but i hope we all make healthy new lives and continue to grow. ❤️ i hope everyone has a great day!

3 minutes ago, JAKE H said:

Heres my thing, there is a lot of research done these days, and its proven that taking in medical marijuana by ingesting it, is way healthier then alcohol and doesnt have addictive traits like alcohol. These are facts. Not opinions. I dont encourage anyone to do anything. ONLY MY EXPERIENCE. They day i came home i had my infused coconut oil and i still do to this day. And i think ive been pretty successful. Anyone that takes a prescription drug has no right to tell anyone else that this prescription is different. The days of close minded "marijuana is the devil" are over. Please i encourage you to do your research before you bash something that youve been told your whole life is the devil so thats what you believe. I hope everyone finds what THEY NEED to be successful on this journey. We are all different and may take different roads but i hope we all make healthy new lives and continue to grow. ❤️ i hope everyone has a great day!

So true!

It is medicine and that is how I treat it. I would no more take this before driving or going to work than I would if it were an opiod pain killer. Jake, do you make your own oil?

On 3/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, Elisa Maria said:

I had my first visit with metro weight loss center in February. Yesterday had my first visit with the surgeon. Going over questions the topic of marijuana came up, and i told her i have a medical marijuana card she says i still need to stop and i will have random drug tests. I thought since i have a card it wouldnt be a problem. So i just stopped because im not going to let that get in the way of what i want. Just seeing if anyone else had a similar problem.

I had no problem, but I live in CA and my surgeon and anesthesiologist was fine with it. I don't smoke it though I take edibles and had to switch to tincture oils.

20 hours ago, Lynda486 said:

It is medicine and that is how I treat it. I would no more take this before driving or going to work than I would if it were an opiod pain killer. Jake, do you make your own oil?

yupp

On 3/9/2020 at 9:39 AM, JAKE H said:

We are all different and may take different roads but i hope we all make healthy new lives and continue to grow.

Fully agree I am not saying its bad - and I agree as a hard core drinker Vodka is no good. If it works for you and you are getting success with it - Do it! Unfortunately i have had to many Stoner employees and issues with pot in my work place that i have a issue with it. But these people abuse it -

Jake send me some Coconut infusion oil.

6 minutes ago, AJ Tylo said:

Fully agree I am not saying its bad - and I agree as a hard core drinker Vodka is no good. If it works for you and you are getting success with it - Do it! Unfortunately i have had to many Stoner employees and issues with pot in my work place that i have a issue with it. But these people abuse it -

Jake send me some Coconut infusion oil.

i hear ya. That stereotype is slowly fading away thankfully. lol It really is cool what and how they can control it these days based off what youre looking for. I personally love it for sleep. But yeah message me and we can figure something out AJ.

PS. The recovery on your muscles and relaxation is unreal.

Edited by JAKE H

I have 1/2 a Gummy at bedtime and wake up far more rested. Somehow I don’t think I’m slipping into addiction 😂 Smoking it I can’t speak to, but I’ve had no ill effects from my regular ingestion of small amounts.

I didn’t start doing this until it became legal here, and it honestly baffles me that it was ever illegal. It doesn’t really do much for me other than help me sleep. My surgeon’s office didn’t test.

My program encouraged me to continue using, especially given NSAIDS are no longer an option. They did recommend using only edibles and tinctures due to the increased ulcer risk with smoking.

I had to stop partaking, I was honest with my Bariatric Team and I stopped smoking. It's been awhile and I don't have any desire to resume the habit again. I feel better, breathing is great and I'm learning to cope with anxiety in other ways. I want to maximize the opportunity of the sleeve w/o complications of old behaviors.
I can relate 100%!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am in Cali. Thank god lol. I did my surgery through insurance. I was honest about my marijuana use. I was drug tested and of course that’s all that came up. I wasn’t asked to quit. Although I did 2 weeks before surgery. And have started partaking again about 1 week after. No issues here.

I am in Cali. Thank god lol. I did my surgery through insurance. I was honest about my marijuana use. I was drug tested and of course that’s all that came up. I wasn’t asked to quit. Although I did 2 weeks before surgery. And have started partaking again about 1 week after. No issues here.
I quit before my consult and actually did not let my bariatric team know. Little did I know, i was self pay so they didnt drug test me anyways lol. But im afraid to smoke now bc i might not listen to my restriction, eat too much and hurt myself. Im not even 2 months out yet tho so who knows what the future holds. I miss it sometimes but have learned to recognize and handle my anxiety very well since quitting about 1.5 years ago. If i ever smoke again, it'll be for recreational use ocassionally and not an every day medication thing like I was doin before.i enjoy being sober minded now:) lucky ur in cali! Live it up! Haha

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app