Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first visit with metro weight loss center in February. Yesterday had my first visit with the surgeon. Going over questions the topic of marijuana came up, and i told her i have a medical marijuana card she says i still need to stop and i will have random drug tests. I thought since i have a card it wouldnt be a problem. So i just stopped because im not going to let that get in the way of what i want. Just seeing if anyone else had a similar problem.

Random drug tests? Dang, that's harsh. What are they gonna do if you test positive after the surgery? Go back in and reconnect your bypass??

3 hours ago, Elisa Maria said:

I had my first visit with metro weight loss center in February. Yesterday had my first visit with the surgeon. Going over questions the topic of marijuana came up, and i told her i have a medical marijuana card she says i still need to stop and i will have random drug tests. I thought since i have a card it wouldnt be a problem. So i just stopped because im not going to let that get in the way of what i want. Just seeing if anyone else had a similar problem.

My sister lives in chicago & has one, they didn’t care nor did they test her. She smoked up until a few weeks before surgery

I had to stop partaking, I was honest with my Bariatric Team and I stopped smoking. It's been awhile and I don't have any desire to resume the habit again. I feel better, breathing is great and I'm learning to cope with anxiety in other ways. I want to maximize the opportunity of the sleeve w/o complications of old behaviors.

As for me, I’m in Wisconsin & it’s not legal. They asked me to stop as well. I just did a test today in order for them to submit me to insurance aaaand they’re gonna do one before my surgery as well. I used it for sleep and anxiety.. and when I stopped was put on a med that made me gain 8lbs in a month.. funny how that works lol

1 minute ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I had to stop partaking, I was honest with my Bariatric Team and I stopped smoking. It's been awhile and I don't have any desire to resume the habit again. I feel better, breathing is great and I'm learning to cope with anxiety in other ways. I want to maximize the opportunity of the sleeve w/o complications of old behaviors.

Agreed! I’ve started doing other things that help the anxiety. I do miss it at times, as I believe it helps me best with sleep. Even better then the meds I’ve been put on. But I appreciate how I’ve had to really sort out & get to the bottom of what makes me anxious & what not

Just now, danielleleigh90 said:

Agreed! I’ve started doing other things that help the anxiety. I do miss it at times, as I believe it helps me best with sleep. Even better then the meds I’ve been put on. But I appreciate how I’ve had to really sort out & get to the bottom of what makes me anxious & what not

Hot herbal tea soothes me, I drink more of it now to replace wanting to indulge. I'm the tea lady anyways, ppl are always buying me tea. Looking forward to moving on to yoga and learning how to navigate this life.

1 minute ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Hot herbal tea soothes me, I drink more of it now to replace wanting to indulge. I'm the tea lady anyways, ppl are always buying me tea. Looking forward to moving on to yoga and learning how to navigate this life.

Tea suggestion??? I’m willing to try! I have a friend who teaches yoga & I’ve been trying out her classes. It’s definitely not as easy as I thought, but man it helps.

2 hours ago, danielleleigh90 said:

Tea suggestion??? I’m willing to try! I have a friend who teaches yoga & I’ve been trying out her classes. It’s definitely not as easy as I thought, but man it helps.

I don't put sugar in my tea, I prefer the natural flavor of teas. If you like fruity teas try the peach, berry blends or etc. Peppermint or a mint medley for calming and upset stomachs, pomegranate and white tea (Trader Joe's brand), just to name a few. Starbucks has iced/hot teas ; so does coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Go try a few before you buy anything and see what you like. I also use the Jordan's skinny sugar free syrups (purchae at Ross or Marshall's) in my iced tea to change it up. Hint, a package of Crystal light lemon mixed with it, cuts the aftertaste of the skinny Syrup. Play around with it and see what you like.

Try yoga on Youtube, free videos. So when you go to the class you can have more practice.

Edited by Krimsonbutterflies

I also have my card and the medical community is not so accepting yet. I was going to a pain clinic and they would cost me an arm and a leg with the constant testing they do. I talked to the shrink there and he really is in favor of Medical, but the government ties the hands of hospitals and clinics and won't permit them to work with medical marijuana patients. In fact when I saw my primary DR last week she flat out lied and said she could not give me the pain patch she prescribed me before (which is not even addictive, "buprenorphine patch", which is used in place of opiods and was just featured on the show New Amsterdam) She told me the government prohibits Dr's from prescribing any pain medication. She must not know that I work in a DR's office! But, it never came up for my WLS, and no one tested me.

8 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

I don't put sugar in my tea, I prefer the natural flavor of teas. If you like fruity teas try the peach, berry blends or etc. Peppermint or a mint medley for calming and upset stomachs, pomegranate and white tea (Trader Joe's brand), just to name a few. Starbucks has iced/hot teas ; so does coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Go try a few before you buy anything and see what you like. I also use the Jordan's skinny sugar free syrups (purchae at Ross or Marshall's) in my iced tea to change it up. Hint, a package of Crystal light lemon mixed with it, cuts the aftertaste of the skinny Syrup. Play around with it and see what you like.

Try yoga on Youtube, free videos. So when you go to the class you can have more practice.

Will do! Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Lynda486 said:

I also have my card and the medical community is not so accepting yet. I was going to a pain clinic and they would cost me an arm and a leg with the constant testing they do. I talked to the shrink there and he really is in favor of Medical, but the government ties the hands of hospitals and clinics and won't permit them to work with medical marijuana patients. In fact when I saw my primary DR last week she flat out lied and said she could not give me the pain patch she prescribed me before (which is not even addictive, "buprenorphine patch", which is used in place of opiods and was just featured on the show New Amsterdam) She told me the government prohibits Dr's from prescribing any pain medication. She must not know that I work in a DR's office! But, it never came up for my WLS, and no one tested me.

It’s so interesting to me how people really look down on it, whether it’s medical or not. I’ve even had people on this forum question me.. one even implied that marijuana was the root of me being fat 🙄. Did you ever end up getting help from anywhere else?

I have someone I am getting medical grade from and it helps!

I was prescribed MM last year following back surgery. Not wanting to inhale ANYTHING unnecessarily into my lungs I agreed to go with Tincture that is taken sublingually. It helps soooo much.

Last week was pre-op appt. I asked surgeon, he said he is fine with it as long as anesthesia was okay. They said yes, tincture can be used safely up until the night before surgery but not the day of.

Again, this is only for Tincture.

Ok i live in Florida where this is totally out of control, So you have a little pain, anxiety whatever there are much better solutions then getting stoned on the highest grade THC products

I am not a smoke and never liked it but I have a huge vodka issue! So this is just my view

You are getting the WLS for one reason to get healthy, Hitting THC and Drinking will never mix with this! So get all you tools in a row and get clean and healthy!

I just do not get how trying to balance addiction to food with a addiction to THC will ever work. Get all the way in or jump out