Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any WLS peeps from 2014 still around?

I can't believe that my 6 YEAR anniversary of VSG is coming up. Unbelievable!!!! Wow does time fly. I love to check in here. This website/forum was really a HUGE help to me in my surgery process and I learned so much from everyone through posts, questions etc. Just checking in to see who is still here that were active posters back in 2013/2014??

Hoping everyone is well!

Congrats on 6 years! Wish you would stick around and post more! Wish there were more of you long-term vets here!!! How are you doing?

I had surgery in 2015 but have been on various bariatric forums since probably 2013. I just checked, though, and I didn't join BP until after my surgery in 2015. I've come and gone over the years - so I'll be an active poster for awhile, then I'll disappear again...then I'll come back. That seems to be my pattern....

2 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I had surgery in 2015 but have been on various bariatric forums since probably 2013. I just checked, though, and I didn't join BP until after my surgery in 2015. I've come and gone over the years - so I'll be an active poster for awhile, then I'll disappear again...then I'll come back. That seems to be my pattern....

Noooooooooossssss! Stick around and hang! :D :D :D

I'm still here! I had VSG in November 2014 and lost 185 lbs. I regained 20 lbs last year (just being careless lol), but I refocused at the beginning of 2020 and I've lost 15 lbs. Glad to see veterans post. Sleeve Life definitely isn't easy at 5+ years, but still grateful for VSG.

12 minutes ago, vsgchick said:

I refocused at the beginning of 2020 and I've lost 15 lbs.

WTG!!! This makes my heart so happy and gives me hope!! Congrats on your fantastic longevity!!

WTG!!! This makes my heart so happy and gives me hope!! Congrats on your fantastic longevity!!

Thank you so much! I have a sleeve fairy godmother that holds me accountable. She is 7 years post and still rocking it. Total motivation. I miss the honeymoon period, but still happy to have some restriction this far out. If I focus on Protein and limit the slider foods, my sleeve is still running the show.

3 minutes ago, vsgchick said:

Thank you so much! I have a sleeve fairy godmother that holds me accountable. She is 7 years post and still rocking it. Total motivation. I miss the honeymoon period, but still happy to have some restriction this far out. If I focus on Protein and limit the slider foods, my sleeve is still running the show.

OMG! I love that you have an accountability partner!!! Isn't it just awesome?! That's why I have chosen to immerse myself in this community and one on FB because they motivate me to do better, to live better, to make healthy choices when otherwise I might not! :) Love that you're back. Now, never leave us again! ;) hehe (just sayin...)

I've been here the entire time. I took off a while post surgery but after I had my regain and got refocused, I came back. I do still post but SO many that were here are long gone. Sadly. In reading many threads over the last couple years I feel like so many pre op and fresh post op people are looking for shortcuts, secrets to manipulate their surgery and ways around the 'work' of being a patient. It is a LOT of work. And yes, six years later I still have to put in the work every day. There are SO MANY foods I haven't had since before my surgery. I was NEVER the person who could go back to eating everything in small amounts. I know some surgeons are ok with that, but not mine, and FOR SURE not my body!

Overall, I'm doing great. I am maintaining weight loss. As many here know I had some regain and had a bit of a health crisis. My child goes to a huge national Keto clinic for epileptics and under the supervision of a physician there I went hard core keto a few years back. I lost all my regain and more. I am at a bit of a plateau right now after working with a registered dietician and attempting to increase my carbs. I bumped upward a few pounds and put an end to that effort. Back in ketosis now, I'm back on track. I continue to move my weight downward and STILL there are numbers I strive for.

It took me FIVE years to get the confidence to join a 'tribe' of exercise folks that I loved. After 2 years of bouncing around different places, attempting stuff at home etc., I finally found a CrossFit box that I love. I go a few days a week. I really enjoy it and will use some variation of this modality for as long as I can because it really works for me.

I still do, and will ALWAYS identify as a WLS patient. I am proud of what I went through. I am focused and dedicated. I am positive that I wouldn't be seeing my upcoming 45th birthday had I not had the surgery. I had a massive health issue that was spiraling out of control and I didn't even know it was there until after surgery (after I had some regain and some testing that investigated symptoms I thought were related to regain)...Had I continued to gain weight and skipped surgery, I would be dead now. It's sobering and makes me that much MORE thankful for this option. I don't take it lightly.

I’m here. Sleeved 9/2014. Lost 130 lbs. And gained 15 over the last two years. Still exercising daily, tracking and fighting hard. Working to get at least 10 back off.

Currently struggling with lack of energy. Like total lethargy. I can get to gym do about 70% of my normal workout and then I’m spent for the rest of the day. Like can’t function tired. I’ve got a call into my dr cause this just isn’t right. Time for bloodwork. My eating isn’t perfect by a long shot but nothing that should cause this. Has anyone else experienced this? Even though I religiously take all my Vitamins. I think it either, Menopause starting Iron, B, or thyroid. But those are just my guesses. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

As long as it’s fixable 🤞🤞

Hope everyone else is doing great. Still do grateful for my tool.

Good to hear from all. Yes 5 yeaars this month I think or was it April? I come here in rounds as life happens Still tracking and logging my food with a weight of 127 or so. Always WLS person. 🌼🌞

On 3/7/2020 at 11:53 PM, imadethelist said:

I’m here. Sleeved 9/2014. Lost 130 lbs. And gained 15 over the last two years. Still exercising daily, tracking and fighting hard. Working to get at least 10 back off.

Currently struggling with lack of energy. Like total lethargy. I can get to gym do about 70% of my normal workout and then I’m spent for the rest of the day. Like can’t function tired. I’ve got a call into my dr cause this just isn’t right. Time for bloodwork. My eating isn’t perfect by a long shot but nothing that should cause this. Has anyone else experienced this? Even though I religiously take all my Vitamins. I think it either, Menopause starting Iron, B, or thyroid. But those are just my guesses. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

As long as it’s fixable 🤞🤞

Hope everyone else is doing great. Still do grateful for my tool.

Glad you're having bloods done. Could be Iron issue. It was with me about 3 years ago.

This WLF life has given so much. I am thankful it gave you that ability to address your health concern that was Hiding. My quality of life has gone up considerably - I have a few new friends and a perspective that life is full of love and laughter. Again I come and go - hopefully want to be around a little bit more.

Hey there. I’m a 2014 sleever. Decided to come back and check out our community.