Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had about three baskets of laundry to fold. All winter stuff like sweaters and tunics and i just donated them. I won’t need them with warm weather approaching and when it gets to be cold again, I’ll need new clothes so I’ll just save myself the closet space.

I plan on doing that with every load of laundry for the next few months: keep the basics, keep things that still fit but donate the rest so it’s not lying around.

Honestly, there is nothing I have hated more than Plus Size clothing. It is ALL going to local thrift shops.
Today I am exchanging 3 pair of linen summer pants for 3 pair that are one size smaller. I wear clothes but do not beat them to death so everything I give away will be excellent used condition.

I have donated any that aren’t post surgery comfy. I won’t need them Then I got rid of things I didn’t love or even really like but they were the best I could find fir my size. Hoping to purchase clothes I actually like soon enough.

5 hours ago, Mariann812 said:

Honestly, there is nothing I have hated more than Plus Size clothing. It is ALL going to local thrift shops.
Today I am exchanging 3 pair of linen summer pants for 3 pair that are one size smaller. I wear clothes but do not beat them to death so everything I give away will be excellent used condition.

Honestly, you are likely to lose weight so quickly it might be a good idea to exchange them for one of each of the next 3 sizes down! :D

On 05/10/2022 at 17:09, Spinoza said:

Honestly, you are likely to lose weight so quickly it might be a good idea to exchange them for one of each of the next 3 sizes down! :D

Thank you for saying that. It is very encouraging and the thought of it makes me happy.
It’s getting hot in NC and I still have school for one more month. I actually received 4 pairs of pants and 1 shirt and they all need to go back. Your idea to buy the next 3 sizes down is a good one as we wear summer weight here until Thanksgiving.
Thank you again. Your comment made me smile!

I just donated all my 330 lbs + clothing. I never want to see it again LOL
Luckily I kept a bin of clothes from when I lost a bunch of weight from the past. It's cool pulling out the old clothes that haven't fit me since 2018.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I often donate my things. Sometimes I just give them away to acquaintances or neighbors or sell them. Often I get bored with my clothes quickly, I wear them for one or two seasons, and I want something new. To not spend too much on a complete closet renovation, my girlfriends and I sometimes swap clothes.
Another original way to update things is to decorate them with embroidery or other decorations. For example, I made myself beautiful shorts from old jeans and ordered embroidery with flowers on the side pocket. Maybe you too have done something creative with your clothes? Share, please.