Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

This was one of my FAVOURITE past times during weight loss phase! I organized ALL my "skinny" and "less fat" clothes by size in sections of my closet and I would go in every week or so and try on clothes in the next smaller sized section, then give myself a self-five when they fit, and maybe dance around a bit.

Eventually they all moved to another room and formed into that giant pile of clothes that I'm too lazy to sort.

I suspect like many of us, you will start to love shopping again! Come check us out/join us on the OOTD thread:

Yes thanks for the invite, I'll check it out, just a curious question, how many waist sizes did you end up going down? How many do most people go down? I know it going to be different for men but just in general.

And oh boy, I got my eye on a few brands and fresh new clothing that i can't wait to try on, even new shoes. Going to love the hell out of shopping, I saw OOTD and all of you look stunning, keep up the good job 👍.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

This was one of my FAVOURITE past times during weight loss phase! I organized ALL my "skinny" and "less fat" clothes by size in sections of my closet and I would go in every week or so and try on clothes in the next smaller sized section, then give myself a self-five when they fit, and maybe dance around a bit.

Eventually they all moved to another room and formed into that giant pile of clothes that I'm too lazy to sort.

I suspect like many of us, you will start to love shopping again! Come check us out/join us on the OOTD thread:

And oh boy, I got my eye on a few brands and fresh new clothing that i can't wait to try on, even new shoes. Going to love the hell out of shopping, I saw OOTD and all of you look stunning, keep up the good job 👍.

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

And oh boy, I got my eye on a few brands and fresh new clothing that i can't wait to try on, even new shoes. Going to love the hell out of shopping, I saw OOTD and all of you look stunning, keep up the good job 👍

24 minutes ago, DivyanChris said:

< ... > just a curious question, how many waist sizes did you end up going down? How many do most people go down? I know it going to be different for men but just in general.

You are right, everyone loses differently. Some people carry their weight in their mid-section, so their waist percentage reduction will not be the same as someone who carries their weight in their legs (like me).

With that said, I went from a size 18-20 in women's pants to a 0-2.

As we know though, sizing differs across clothing manufacturers, so to put it in a better perspective, I went from a 43.5" waist to 25.5". Then I had a Tummy Tuck a couple months ago, and now I'm just a smidge under 25".

P.S. Percentage-wise the waist is the area where I lost the most. You may want to ask more people to get a better idea, especially with folks who carry their weight in their tummies.

don't think you will need them again..."If you think negative ,behavior will follow......

15 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

You are right, everyone loses differently. Some people carry their weight in their mid-section, so their waist percentage reduction will not be the same as someone who carries their weight in their legs (like me).

With that said, I went from a size 18-20 in women's pants to a 0-2.

As we know though, sizing differs across clothing manufacturers, so to put it in a better perspective, I went from a 43.5" waist to 25.5". Then I had a Tummy Tuck a couple months ago, and now I'm just a smidge under 25".

P.S. Percentage-wise the waist is the area where I lost the most. You may want to ask more people to get a better idea, especially with folks who carry their weight in their tummies.

Thanks, and that waist reduction that you experienced is brilliant, I'm hoping to be on that same range, as a matter of fact, im 48 right now and im happy if I come down to 38, lesser than that would also be acceptable for me, I saw a post about a another man in this website, says that he came down 12 sizes, and I was impressed.

I donated all my old clothes cheerfully. Except for one top I had that now doubles as a cute short dress. :)

6 hours ago, DivyanChris said:

Thanks, and that waist reduction that you experienced is brilliant, I'm hoping to be on that same range, as a matter of fact, im 48 right now and im happy if I come down to 38, lesser than that would also be acceptable for me, I saw a post about a another man in this website, says that he came down 12 sizes, and I was impressed.

Here's a visual (the "after" picture was taken this past January, waist measurement that day was 26" (I'm a tiny bit smaller in the waist area now as my TT swelling has gone down since....)

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Here's a visual (the "after" picture was taken this past January, waist measurement that day was 26" (I'm a tiny bit smaller in the waist area now as my TT swelling has gone down since....)

Wow, you've had a great result. Your new outfits are far nicer.

Wow, you've had a great result. Your new outfits are far nicer.

Edited by Jon7z
Figuring out how quotes work...

I kept
One pair of shorts

On 03/06/2020 at 16:05, ms.sss said:

https://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/image/96123-oct2018_vs_jan2020/

How did you get your legs in that kind of shape. I’m what people call a pear shape. Gain in my lower half. You look amazing!

7 hours ago, ms.sss said:

That is insane, honestly. It's like not even looking at the same person anymore (in a good way).

18 hours ago, Kris77 said:

How did you get your legs in that kind of shape.

Lots and lots of running, I think. LOL