Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel strange starting this topic, considering my limitations on budget and physical limitations as well. I’ve got a lot going on right now and one would think this would be the least of my concerns. But as my Birthday rapidly approaches next month and I dread thinking about it - at the same time I also think about the weight loss journey I have been on. Whilst I am grateful for it, I am sad that it came that far, that I was unable to maintain all my hard work on my own and ended up all the way back where I had started at over 200lbs over 14 years ago. Of course it had started long before then. My weight had gone haywire due to metabolic disorders, chronic illness and more in my late teens and I struggled with my weight always. Maybe I was eight years old when I felt ok wearing regular shorts! I don’t remember it but have one photograph ...

I am wishing to feel like the journey can reach completion and solidify my weight into maintenance as I reach goal. And I feel like skin removal surgery is a part of that process. I filled out forms and submitted photos for the BariatricPal MX Hospital for their recommendations and a price quote since it’s all inclusive of the procedures, the hospital stay, meals, compression garments, etc. I just can’t see going through the process to try to get my insurance to pay even though I have serious skin issues on my thighs. Although I’ve never actually traveled outside the country. I do have a passport to do so. And they offer financing. Considering what I live on each month, it’s a lot. I’d need help.

it’s such a tough decision. I got a quote this morning for a Belt lipectopmy with butterfly lift, thigh lift, and breast augmentation. The augmentation is the only thing I am unsure of. It was a side consideration and recommendation based on photos I submitted. I don’t mind being rather small chest but they have a ski slope dip ... I’m about. 28 DD or 30D which is not actually not that big. The added cost for that part doesn’t seem much in the grand scheme of things. Do I go through all that and not have it?

@sillykitty and others who have had surgery. Maybe you can help me to know if the cost is good. The Hospital is affiliated with this website. I’ve been in contact with someone personally by email who has been very helpful. Personally it seems reasonable for what it is even if for me it’s a huge expense.

I have 30 days to decide on the quote they gave me. I honestly want to plan for it. To figure out how to finance it and jump all in. I have very little money to live on but I’m also not a big spender, a chunk pays “rent” and basic living expenses. But I don’t eat out, I don’t go out for entertainment, I don’t buy much, I have a little help with food, some expense for Vitamins and personal care items but I don’t buy new clothes often and always seek very low bargain prices. I won’t go into too much detail. It’s hard though, I do have some health issues currently that are up in the air. Maybe they won’t interfere. I won’t know yet. I think no matter what I feel like I want this. To fully complete my weight loss journey. And it’s likely that once I have surgery I’d feel I’ve finally reached my goal. Although yes the journey always continues as this is a way of life we follow into maintenance, I’d like to finally get there an stay there.

This is the information:

Belt Lipectomy/Butterfly Lift $4,000 (stomach muscle tightening, mons pubic lift, relocation of belly button)

Thigh Lift $2,700

Breast augmentation up to 575cc $3,500 (600cc or more is an extra $500)

7 Night Hospital stay $3,700

This Includes antibiotics, pain medication, compression stockings, EKG, pre-op bloodwork, evaluation by internal medicine doctor, meals, 24 hour nursing care, 24 hour doctors, 24 hour valet, pain management, and lymphatic massage. This also includes a companion at no cost, they just pay for their own meals.

Compression garments (Faja) $350 (breast strap, two breast, and two lower body garments)

Transportation $100 (probably anything to and from airport, hospital and hotel)

Total cost: $14,350

I have no clue about costs to do the skin fixin but My view is simple. You busted your ass to get where you are and I would never get down and out over the last phase, As a female i know this is important to you, but it will work out just stay focused and enjoy the new you! That is real money but if it makes you feel good and you have to make payments for the next year or so, Go for it! you most likely are saving that much in food costs and for sure you will live longer now that you are healthy.

Good luck and congrads on the success you have had on this journey

aj

I haven't got to that point yet ..but my niece is one year out and doing the same things you mentioned and she said about 15,000 it will cost her and she consulted with one of the best in new jersey. Hope this helps.

that is pretty cheap compared to what you'd pay at most places in the US - but your finances are your finances. For some people, $1000 would be an insurmountable amount. Hard to tell you what to do. I guess you'll have to go with your gut on this one.

12 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

My view is simple. You busted your ass to get where you are and I would never get down and out over the last phase, As a female i know this is important to you, but it will work out just stay focused and enjoy the new you! That is real money but if it makes you feel good and you have to make payments for the next year or so, Go for it! you most likely are saving that much in food costs and for sure you will live longer now that you are healthy.

Good luck and congrads on the success you have had on this journey

aj

I don’t view it as an issue of me being female or for cosmetic reasons but as a final step in the journey and feeling comfortable in my own skin. Something that I’ve never really had before. I have no goal to do this for anyone. Except maybe myself.

Likely this will sound weird and I don’t usually discuss it, but I’ve never sought attention as a female human being, I’ve just been someone who existed, who survived despite things. And still continue to struggle with lifelong chronic illness and disability and living on the autism spectrum. My health is in a decline.

I don’t have anything to spend money on except necessities, and my mother and our shared living expenses. When we moved states it was the best possible situation.

I don’t really have anything except the skin I am in and I guess I want to feel like I own it and I’m comfortable in it. And can fix something while there are many things that I can do nothing about. Part of why I fought like hell to get gastric bypass surgery and to finally have the tool to battle my weight,

people vacation for seven days and it can cost in the thousands and honestly I’ve not been on one real vacation in my life. I’ve always scrapped together every penny I did and didn’t have to spend on my sister and her children for holidays and birthdays and for the rare few friends I thought were like family who ultimately wrote me out of their lives ...

im not sure I’ve done just one thing for me.

8 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

. I guess you'll have to go with your gut on this one.

My gut feels like this is a lot of money. But my gut also feels like I want to complete the journey. My gut also says people go on vacations and spend more money. I guess this is a vacation with a bonus (and a side of pain ... but that aspect I’m already familiar with anyway)

8 hours ago, november11 said:

I haven't got to that point yet ..but my niece is one year out and doing the same things you mentioned and she said about 15,000 it will cost her and she consulted with one of the best in new jersey. Hope this helps.

I need to familiarize myself with the procedures. I’m on the fence about augmentation. Only if it could help With the sagging skin and bras/clothing fitting better.

this is the website:

https://hospitalbc.com/plastic-surgery/

On 3/4/2020 at 5:45 AM, catwoman7 said:

that is pretty cheap compared to what you'd pay at most places in the US - but your finances are your finances. For some people, $1000 would be an insurmountable amount. Hard to tell you what to do. I guess you'll have to go with your gut on this one.

Sorry @Darktowerdream, you asked me a direct question, and I missed it!

I agree that seems very reasonable. My BL + Breast Aug was about 25% more than this (and mine was very affordale vs. other quotes I received)

But I also agree that it may be a fantastic price, but it's still a lot of money.

On 3/9/2020 at 4:38 PM, sillykitty said:

Sorry @Darktowerdream, you asked me a direct question, and I missed it!

I agree that seems very reasonable. My BL + Breast Aug was about 25% more than this (and mine was very affordale vs. other quotes I received)

But I also agree that it may be a fantastic price, but it's still a lot of money.

Not a problem I just appreciate any response. I feel like the cost is worth it. But am I worth it? That I don’t know. I mean @sillykitty you have a busy active life and job. Me. Not so much. For me this would be more for physical comfort, the discomfort of excess skin and some areas are particularly bad. And perhaps the belt lipectomy with butterfly lift and stomach muscle tightening might help strengthen my core where I cannot do it with exercise and possibly help a little with back pain. I am debating the silicon implants. I’ve never considered such a thing before.

Ive a lot on my mind and want to plan this. I try to rationalize that people take vacations. Which I never have. i thought maybe if I make it a vacation for my mom and her boyfriend then I can rationalize things a little. And would have the extra help as well. And she’d have company during my down time.

as for cost. I’d be pinching pennies for a long time, and getting financing. But. I feel like I Want to see this journey to completion in some way. Even though technically it never ends (the way of eating)

.... I know ultimately I need to decide but I cannot deem myself worthy. Yet Feel it’s not just a cosmetic decision.

so hard to think ...

On 03/04/2020 at 15:54, Darktowerdream said:

I don’t view it as an issue of me being female or for cosmetic reasons but as a final step in the journey and feeling comfortable in my own skin. Something that I’ve never really had before. I have no goal to do this for anyone. Except maybe myself.

Likely this will sound weird and I don’t usually discuss it, but I’ve never sought attention as a female human being, I’ve just been someone who existed, who survived despite things. And still continue to struggle with lifelong chronic illness and disability and living on the autism spectrum. My health is in a decline.

I don’t have anything to spend money on except necessities, and my mother and our shared living expenses. When we moved states it was the best possible situation.

I don’t really have anything except the skin I am in and I guess I want to feel like I own it and I’m comfortable in it. And can fix something while there are many things that I can do nothing about. Part of why I fought like hell to get gastric bypass surgery and to finally have the tool to battle my weight,

people vacation for seven days and it can cost in the thousands and honestly I’ve not been on one real vacation in my life. I’ve always scrapped together every penny I did and didn’t have to spend on my sister and her children for holidays and birthdays and for the rare few friends I thought were like family who ultimately wrote me out of their lives ...

im not sure I’ve done just one thing for me.

03/04/2020 07:45 AM, catwoman7 said:

. I guess you'll have to go with your gut on this one.

My gut feels like this is a lot of money. But my gut also feels like I want to complete the journey. My gut also says people go on vacations and spend more money. I guess this is a vacation with a bonus (and a side of pain ... but that aspect I’m already familiar with anyway)

03/04/2020 07:05 AM, november11 said:

I need to familiarize myself with the procedures. I’m on the fence about augmentation. Only if it could help With the sagging skin and bras/clothing fitting better.

this is the website:

https://hospitalbc.com/plastic-surgery/

Do you live in the US?

On 3/25/2020 at 9:56 PM, Kris77 said:

Do you live in the US?

Yes I live in south Florida in the U.S.

i haven’t been posting or commenting, just reading messages that pop into my emails.

As for my original post.

im thinking about this in that the quote I submitted for expires April 3rd. (To accept or not) I’d like to think of planning for future months.

But important things got postponed as well.

Seeing and feeling the excess wrinkly sagging skin at my age , my chronic illness makes my body older, it is mentally painful. Not just knowing my illness ages me faster (from muscle to mind) but to see it in my skin.

I don’t regret weight loss I’m glad to have come this far, I’ve never been this weight as long as I can remember. my one year mark is the end of next month. But at the same time a lot of other things fall apart.