Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was outpatient, but I was staying in a hotel for a few days afterwards.

I took my clothes (comfortable and loose, and the softest shirts I had to wear), Water bottles (easier to measure water that way), my handheld video game (I didn't actually use it; was either walking or sleeping), toiletries (toothpaste and toothbrush especially, because your mouth will taste gross and dry afterwards from being intubated), a slightly firm stuffed animal (I needed something to press against my abdomen for if I coughed or sneezed; it's not a fun experience if you do that right after surgery without some support... a pillow could work, too), headphones to listen to music with (just because it's nice to have something besides silence), and comfortable slippers to walk around in.

:)

I took almost nothing except the clothes on my back, a minimal amount of toiletries and several books. The hospital provided everything else I needed. As it turned out, I was too exhausted to even open the books. I slept almost the entire time I was in the hospital.

Head set My phone and Sweat pants and a T shirt = This is not a vacation so the only goal i had was to get out of the Gown - Those things scare me I always wonder who wore it before me and did they make it. Post Op i got back to my room put on My clothes and walked the halls with my Beats and phone Jamming Pandora. Next day got the hell out early and went home. FYI don't forget deodorant like i did and had to use the hospital sticks! Some cheap ass roll white powder stuff, Had better product in Prison.

Key is comfy sweat pants and big shirt, They make you wear there special socks but i brought crocks to walk the hallway. - -

10 hours ago, Chelsea0604 said:

What did you guys pack or take with you? Anything you wish you would have?!

CHAPSTICK!! Pack Chapstick.

I brought way too much. I felt like crap and didn't use most of it. I did use chapstick, my toothbrush and toothpaste, a hairbrush, and deodorant, and my phone and headphones. I didn't shower there so all I really needed was a baggy outfit to wear home.

I mostly just used my phone and phone charger. I think I brought something to read as well. Honestly, I ended up just sleeping most of the time I was there. As far as clothes, you'll be in a hospital gown and those slip-resistant hospital socks, so just make sure you have something comfortable to go home in. The hospital will have all the meds you need, so you won't need any of those, either.

Essentials:

• Comfy/loose-fitting clothing (I wore that when I checked in and really only made sure to pack a change of underwear)
  • Toothbrush/toothpaste
  • Lip balm

For the most part, anything else you need is provided. The hospital gowns aren't the greatest, but you'll likely have an IV. So, they're easier. They'll put a 2nd on you (backward) to act as a robe for your hallway walks. They'll give you little footies with gripping soles, so you don't need slippers.

Anything over/above the essentials is your preference. Is there something you feel that you can't live without? Have a special facial routine? Special hairbrush? Can't live without your iPad or phone? Take these things, but be prepared that you may never take them out of the bag. I didn't. Not even my phone. The only time I opened my bag was at discharge. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, combed my hair and put it up in a clip. I probably looked like he//, but I wasn't there to win any beauty contests.

My little pillow was the best thing I took. I took that little pillow and placed it on the bed where my biggest and most painful incision was and layed right on my side (side sleeper) right on it and slept like a baby . Don't be shy to ask for your pain meds..:68_sleeping:

CHAPSTICK!! Pack Chapstick.
100% this. And lotion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, Chelsea0604 said:

What did you guys pack or take with you? Anything you wish you would have?!

I brought a book, my phone, my Chromebook, tampoons, my headscarf, ect. To be honest, I didn't use any of it because I was in a lot of pain. However, you may experience a lower level of pain than I did, so I would recommend bringing something that can occupy your time. I do also recommend bringing your own tampoons/pads just in case you start your period.