Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gosh, I forgot about this site! So nice to go back and follow everyone. As per the beginning of my journey, things continue to not go very well and I am fighting to stop losing weight. I have had my MiniMizer removed as it had slipped and also my gall bladder removed. My surgery anniversary will be on the 18th, so nearly a year out 158 pounds down. I really struggle with digestion issues including constant diarrhoea and really poor absorption. Good news is that food aversion (taste and small) has pretty much gone. But now I eat, it overstimulates my intestines causing the above, which means continued weight loss. I have been on a feeding tube for a while and am currently talking to surgeons about reversal. Congrats to all of you with your upcoming ‘surgiversaries’!
Much Love,
Laura

It’s so good to hear from everyone! I am so so glad that I was able to get the surgery when I did! I am doing so good and feel so amazing! So far, I’m down 130. I have 10 more to go to get to my personal goal. My surgery weight was 277 and I am now 147. At 5’1, I’m still not at the considered “healthy” weight, so I want to keep going. I will say that for the first 6 months, I struggled badly with dehydration and very low Iron. My surgeon told me that that is probably the reason why I lost so much in the beginning. It’s definitely a lot tougher now. The scale has not moved for me in a month. But I’m still going!

I can’ wait to catch up on everyone and see how everyone has been doing.

20 hours ago, Loz77 said:

Gosh, I forgot about this site! So nice to go back and follow everyone. As per the beginning of my journey, things continue to not go very well and I am fighting to stop losing weight. I have had my MiniMizer removed as it had slipped and also my gall bladder removed. My surgery anniversary will be on the 18th, so nearly a year out 158 pounds down. I really struggle with digestion issues including constant diarrhoea and really poor absorption. Good news is that food aversion (taste and small) has pretty much gone. But now I eat, it overstimulates my intestines causing the above, which means continued weight loss. I have been on a feeding tube for a while and am currently talking to surgeons about reversal. Congrats to all of you with your upcoming ‘surgiversaries’!
Much Love,
Laura

I’m so sorry you have had SUCH a rough go! I hope you can see improvements soon. Do you have a good support system? Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts your way. ❤️

On 2/4/2021 at 6:15 PM, Loz77 said:

@Loz77 I am so sorry you have had such a rough go of it! I hope your situation stabilizes soon

I am one year out today! I've lost 90 pounds, and I don't think I am done. I feel so much better!

I actually have Covid right now, but it is a very mild case, thankfully. I hope that I will be back exercising next week. I will post a before and after picture one of these days!

Hope you all are doing well!

Hey everyone. Today's my one year! Just realized I haven't posted in like 4 months.decided to start a kitchen renovation that took all of those 4 months. Let's just say my eating has been pretty terrible and there was lots of take out. On the bright side I still managed to keep losing.

My starting weight was 344 and I weighed in this morning at 196.5. So almost 150lbs lost. It's been great.

Now for the not so good news. Ended up in the ER back in Jan with severe stomach pain. Ended up having gallstones. Having surgery this coming Monday to remove my gall bladder.

My anniversary was last Thursday. I've lost 63 pounds - from 208 lbs to 145 lbs. I've passed my goal of a normal BMI, but am still losing about half a pound a week. Not sure yet where I will end up.

I've been pleasantly surprised that my skin has bounced back more than I thought it would. Don't get me wrong - I still feel a bit like a sharpei - everything is just a little bit loose. But I don't have an apron on my stomach when I stand up at all!

On 3/6/2020 at 6:37 PM, GotItDoneInHarlem said:

We have the same surgery date. I've lost 7 pounds but I was already at my goal weight.

Hi there, you were at your goal weight before surgery?