Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you DenverGirl88 and Lisafrommassachusetts. I’m 25 pounds from goal. It helps knowing others are doing the same. I’ll stick with my good eating habits and exercising. Hopefully the weight will budge soon.

I’ve also been stuck in a stall. Only down 3 lbs since the beginning of November, and they were hard to lose. I’m eating around 1000 cals a day now, but also exercising every day. Some days Hiit, some days strength training. So I assume I’m gaining muscle and that’s why the scale hasn’t gone down. I’ve lost almost 110 now, but still have 50 to go to reach my first goal (175). I’d like to get down to 145ish, but I haven’t been that weight since I was 14/15, so I’m not sure how realistic that goal is. Glad to hear everyone is still doing well!

See that’s where it gets confusing- My NUT now has me eating 1500-1600 calories because the scale wouldn’t budge for a couple months. She said because I work out (spinning and strength training) so much that I should increase my calories in order to given my body fuel. She’d recommended I get an InBody scan and I found out I have a higher amount of muscle then average for my height/weight so she based it off that. It’s weird but the thing is IT WORKED. The scale is going down again (well at first it still wasn’t moving). It’s slow movement but it’s consistent again. I’m also mixing up my strength training by seeing a personal trainer once a week which I just started Saturday so I hope that helps too. The calorie count makes me happy because it’s nice to know I don’t have to eat so few calories at least. Anyhoo, good luck - do what works (and is healthy and sustainable) because it gets so tricky now!! For reference I’m 5’6” and now 155lbs.

You guys have no idea what a relief it is to hear that ya'll have been stalled for long period of time too!!!! I have been bouncing back and fourth between 192-198 since October 2nd! Its been the longest 3 months ever. @DenverGirl88 I'm also eating about 1500 calories on average because I work out 4-6 days/week. I started Insanity Max30 two weeks ago and managed to get from 195 down to 191 in those two weeks but for the past three months I cant seem to break 190. Its so frustrating because I'm about 20 pounds from goal. I've consulted with my nutritionist but nothing has worked so far other than starting the insanity program.. hoping it continues to work! I am very happy with having lost a total of 84 pounds since my first weigh in to qualify for surgery but I definitely hope to continue losing!

Yeah I’m trying to figure out when enough is enough but that’s also why I got the InBody scan. You can google locations and it was $25 where I went and you get a data sheet printed out. It said I have 5lbs of excess fat too. The lady that went over my results though said my high muscle mass offsets that. Although what’s funny is I have about 5lbs of excess skin (per my plastic surgery consult) and the gal didn’t know if that counted towards the 5lbs of fat I could lose. I want to be in the 140’s - but I’m already a size 4/6 small so I know I can’t lose much more regardless.

My stall has not moved at all! I was 180 on Oct 28th and have fluctuated between 180 and 183 since then. I have been so frustrated but it really does help knowing I’m not the only one.

I finally broke that stall! I weighed in at 187.2 yesterday! Woohoooo!!

That’s awesome PSquared_vsg!!! That means there is hope for the rest of us!

Woot woot!! Way to go!!!

I’m right there with ya in frustration. I have been stalled at 159, bouncing to 161 for 3 months. Ugh!

2AA9630C-1D96-44D5-8211-C76952EEEA38.jpeg

I’ve stalled too! Glad to know I’m not the only one!

So it’s been a year (or close to it) guys! And what a year it has been! Who would have thought so shortly after our surgeries COVID would explode and effect all of our lives!
I am so very grateful I was able to get this surgery before everything got shut down though in some ways it was hard to get support that I probably could have used. I also think I might have lost more weight if Covid didn’t happen, as I have been stuck home with a baby, toddler and young child with not much to do in the cold rainy months we experience here in Vancouver Canada. I am afraid if I hadn’t had the surgery though my weight may have gotten worst due to stress and boredom eating.
I have lost 80lbs but I’m still 25 away from my goal. (I was 270lbs before surgery and now I’m 190lbs I’m 5’8 and would like to weigh 165lbs) I’m really hoping I continue to lose but weight is very slow to come off now. I’m trying to up my exercise to hopefully help keep the pounds coming off. I struggle with Water intake which is another area of improvement.
I love not having intense cravings anymore and to be able to stop after just a taste of chocolate or a sweet. I love that I can run and chase after my kids and take them sledding in the snow. I love that I can sit down on the floor and get back up no problem. I am sleeping better now and I feel a million times better about myself.
My only lingering side effect is Hair loss. My hair is constantly falling out and it’s super annoying. It’s regrowing but still a constant shed.
anyway, where are my feb people at?! I’d love to read some updates to see how everyone is doing.
☺️

Hi Shanto. My surgerversary was yesterday. I was 266 at surgery and now 180. I am 5’7” with a goal of 155. So 25 pounds to go as well. I too am so glad I was able to have my surgery before COVID hit. I know I need to increase my exercise to keep my weight loss going.

2 hours ago, Shanto said:

**edited out my reply, I don’t know why this quoted, sorry**

So it’s been a year (or close to it) guys! And what a year it has been! Who would have thought so shortly after our surgeries COVID would explode and effect all of our lives!
I am so very grateful I was able to get this surgery before everything got shut down though in some ways it was hard to get support that I probably could have used. I also think I might have lost more weight if Covid didn’t happen, as I have been stuck home with a baby, toddler and young child with not much to do in the cold rainy months we experience here in Vancouver Canada. I am afraid if I hadn’t had the surgery though my weight may have gotten worst due to stress and boredom eating.
I have lost 80lbs but I’m still 25 away from my goal. (I was 270lbs before surgery and now I’m 190lbs I’m 5’8 and would like to weigh 165lbs) I’m really hoping I continue to lose but weight is very slow to come off now. I’m trying to up my exercise to hopefully help keep the pounds coming off. I struggle with Water intake which is another area of improvement.
I love not having intense cravings anymore and to be able to stop after just a taste of chocolate or a sweet. I love that I can run and chase after my kids and take them sledding in the snow. I love that I can sit down on the floor and get back up no problem. I am sleeping better now and I feel a million times better about myself.
My only lingering side effect is Hair loss. My hair is constantly falling out and it’s super annoying. It’s regrowing but still a constant shed.
anyway, where are my feb people at?! I’d love to read some updates to see how everyone is doing.
☺️

Edited by Loz77
Mistake