Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you both!!!

Anyone else starting to get hungry? I just made 7 months and the last three weeks I feel I've been eating alot. I did manage to lose 11 lbs this month and 112 lbs since surgery so maybe I'm still doing ok.

@Xx1jpt5xxI have been actually hungry for the last couple of days. Not head hunger, actual hunger. I have been upping the physical activity, but I have been walking 4 to 6 miles per day for months; now I am doing more stairs and hills but I'm not climbing the Alps! I think I need to watch the carbs; I have probably been eating too much fruit since we have local peaches and apples right now and I love them both at this time of the year. My calories are between 1000 and 1200 per day, so I would think I will still lose weight at this calorie level with my activity level, but then again I am nearly 62, with mid-level thyroid disease and a bum knee, so who knows. I'd like to lose another 25 pounds.

Your weight loss is amazing! How are you feeling? What is the best thing about this journey so far?

19 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

@Xx1jpt5xxI have been actually hungry for the last couple of days. Not head hunger, actual hunger. I have been upping the physical activity, but I have been walking 4 to 6 miles per day for months; now I am doing more stairs and hills but I'm not climbing the Alps! I think I need to watch the carbs; I have probably been eating too much fruit since we have local peaches and apples right now and I love them both at this time of the year. My calories are between 1000 and 1200 per day, so I would think I will still lose weight at this calorie level with my activity level, but then again I am nearly 62, with mid-level thyroid disease and a bum knee, so who knows. I'd like to lose another 25 pounds.

Your weight loss is amazing! How are you feeling? What is the best thing about this journey so far?

I dont really feel too different if you can believe that. I have a bunch of neck and back issues that I hoped would improve but they haven't.

My wife finds me more attractive so thats a plus.

So today makes 8 months for me. Its the first month with under double digit losses. Sqeaked by with 11 last month but only managed 6 lbs this month.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:45 PM, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Hi Lisa, I’m right there with you!😏 My surgery was one month after yours, I’m 66, walk 2.5 miles every morning (not as much as you..you go girl!), and go to gym 3 days a week for machines/weights/toning. Eating avg of 1,000 cal day per nutritionist advice, Protein 65grams, Water 74oz. This month added 2 planned Snacks of fruit, 1 small orange in the morning and 1 large apple in afternoon for energy, stave off hunger, Fiber for digestive. My weight loss was only 2lbs this month! I’m going to just keep on keeping on...don’t want to decrease exercise and feel I’m really eating well. Like you, I really want to lose at least 20 more pounds. If my body stops here, at 1,000 cal/day and dedicated exercise plan, well? C’est la vie!🤷‍♀️😪

Edited by Lily66

13 hours ago, Lily66 said:

Hi Lisa, I’m right there with you!😏 My surgery was one month after yours, I’m 66, walk 2.5 miles every morning (not as much as you..you go girl!), and go to gym 3 days a week for machines/weights/toning. Eating avg of 1,000 cal day per nutritionist advice, Protein 65grams, Water 74oz. This month added 2 planned Snacks of fruit, 1 small orange in the morning and 1 large apple in afternoon for energy, stave off hunger, Fiber for digestive. My weight loss was only 2lbs this month! I’m going to just keep on keeping on...don’t want to decrease exercise and feel I’m really eating well. Like you, I really want to lose at least 20 more pounds. If my body stops here, at 1,000 cal/day and dedicated exercise plan, well? C’est la vie!🤷‍♀️😪

Good to hear from you @Lily66! I read about some folks who are only eating 600 or 800 calories after this long and I am amazed. I am losing slowly (very slowly) but mostly steadily. I feel so much better, I am wearing size 12 to 14, and my daughter jokes I have Benjamin Button disease. I have not returned to the gym since surgery (Covid), but I really, really need to do some weights. I own weights (2 lb and 3 lb); I bought resistance bands thinking I'd like them better, I have downloaded an 8 minute work out, and a 12 minute one...I have done everything but actually DO THE DAMN EXERCISES! lol. But with winter coming fast I need to get my heart into it. You sound like you are in a great place. I'm with you, if it stops here I am beyond grateful. I'm eating healthy, and keeping my Protein high. I have also enjoyed a glass of wine on a few nights by the fire! Life is good, all in all, except for the whole 2020 being the worst year ever. Continued good luck to you!

9 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Good to hear from you @Lily66! I read about some folks who are only eating 600 or 800 calories after this long and I am amazed. I am losing slowly (very slowly) but mostly steadily. I feel so much better, I am wearing size 12 to 14, and my daughter jokes I have Benjamin Button disease. I have not returned to the gym since surgery (Covid), but I really, really need to do some weights. I own weights (2 lb and 3 lb); I bought resistance bands thinking I'd like them better, I have downloaded an 8 minute work out, and a 12 minute one...I have done everything but actually DO THE DAMN EXERCISES! lol. But with winter coming fast I need to get my heart into it. You sound like you are in a great place. I'm with you, if it stops here I am beyond grateful. I'm eating healthy, and keeping my Protein high. I have also enjoyed a glass of wine on a few nights by the fire! Life is good, all in all, except for the whole 2020 being the worst year ever. Continued good luck to you!

Thanks, Lisa! You sound in an Excellent Place as well, Congratulations!!🎊

...Reflecting on our thoughts past few days, although we acknowledge that ‘we’d be okay and still grateful’, I know deep inside that we’re NOT finished losing - No Way! We’re only 8 and 9 months out and faaaar from giving up! We hit it that we’ve both added more carbs back in via fruits and that has likely added Water weight, as well. If I returned to the 30 net carbs daily that I was at, I’m sure 2-3 lbs at least, and more likely closer to 4-5 would drop. I have SO much more energy to exercise when around 60 net carbs a day than I did at 30, however, and love feeling and knowing a balanced and healthy nutrition. As long as we continue what we’re doing, making BEST nutritional choices and keeping those endorphins pumping, we’ll surely continue to inch closer to our healthiest selves. Continued Best to you, and to all sharing this Amazing Journey!💝

Hello all- everybody is just sooooo different it gets confusing what might be right for each of us. I feel almost weird admitting I eat 1200-1400 calories a day depending if I exercise. My carb intake is 60-75 NET grams- usually 25 grams of fiber and 90g of Protein. I am currently at 164 pounds when I’d started at 235 in February. I lose about 4 lbs a month now and my nutritionist said it will start to be even less now as I get close to goal (153lbs). More carbs and calories seems to work for me otherwise I’m too faint and weak to operate. I do choose the healthiest carbs possible. I think part of my reasoning is a work out a lot. 5x/week walking, 4x/week spin class and 3-4x/week strength training. I did just have foot surgery today though... can walk for 3+ weeks so I’m going to cut carbs and stay on the low end of calories while I recover.

@DenverGirl88 good luck with your recovery! I agree, we are all so different. Whatever works! Your process sounds very healthy and sustainable.

Hi. I am entering week five of a stall. No weight loss at all. Is this normal? I’ve lost 84 ponds since surgery, 97 total. I know I should be happy with these numbers but never had a stall this long before and am really scared I won’t lose anymore.

@mchldck I have also been stalled for weeks. I had a tele-doc appointment today, and the PA said around 10 months out there is often a stall, although this started at 8 months. He also said after the rapid weight loss (I have lost 80 pounds) it is normal for your body to slow down. I asked him if it meant I was done, and he said emphatically "no", unless I fall off the good practices I have been (mostly😏) following. He said it may go to 2 to 3 pounds a month, which will feel unbearably slow, but to keep with it. I have 20 pounds to goal, and he reminded me that OVER shooting goal is a good thing, since most people put back on 10 pounds or so.

Honestly, if I am done now I would be ok with it, but I also know I am eating low enough calories and carbs that I should still be losing weight, so I'm going to try to stick to plan and see where it goes. But it is discouraging when that scale doesn't budge, or bounces back and forth at the same weight range.

I’m stalled too so no worries! I blame the pumpkin pie... lol jk. Even with thanksgiving I haven’t gone up or down at all in quite some time. My NUT said the same thing as well as Lisa’s PA. Just need to stick with healthy eating, exercise, and calorie tracking and it will move eventually I’m sure. I’m 10 pounds to goal also but I’m shooting for 20 more which would put me at 140. Even if I didn’t lose anymore weight I still find the habits and eating style/amount I have now are very sustainable (I treat myself as well) Good luck and just keep going!!