Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had the issue where when they stand up they get lightheaded or dizzy? I get the whole kaleidoscope vision going on. I wasn’t sure how long that lasts. I try to make sure i stand up slowly but I always seem to forget and end up needing to lean against something for about 15 seconds or so while it passes. I do know postop my blood pressure is always slightly low so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

It’s great to hear from everyone! And I can totally relate to the stall, Lisa. I’m in one right now, too. Down almost 80lbs since pre-op (65ish since surgery). I’m eating between 850 and 1000 cals, getting in all my Water and Protein. I’m walking between 12,000 and 15,000 steps a day and am on week 3 of Beach Body’s 21 day fix. I haven’t lost a single pound yet, but I can feel some more muscle and toning happening, so that’s great. I still have about 100 lbs to lose to be at a healthy weight.

Is anyone else finding that they get hungry in the evenings? Not sure if it’s real hunger of head hunger. I ignore it and drink water most of the time.

ResaRoo I’m so glad you mention the night hunger! Idk if it’s because I’m so routine all day but I feel like I’m the evening I need something every hour or two once I eat dinner at 5 or 6. But I know before the surgery that was still my worst time for hunger or binge eating. I was tired, bored, my cravings would hit. So that makes me think it’s head hunger but sometimes it isn’t because I can’t go to sleep hungry. Even after drinking water! That is my only issue so far- night hunger. I plan to ask my doctor about that Monday

@DenverGirl88 I get the lightheaded thing also if I stand up too quickly. It is much more likely to happen if I am behind on my Water, and/or it is one of the very, very muggy days we have had here this summer. I'm guessing you are not getting that in Denver.....

@ResaRoo...nighttime hunger is my lifelong nemesis. I cannot just force my way through it, so I tend to have a little high Protein snack about 1/2 hour before I go up to bed. I sometimes have a hard boiled egg with salt, or some high protein crackers (I like Kibo a lot) with a tablespoon of sunflower butter, a tablespoon of gorgonzola cheese on apple slices, or sliced turkey with salt, pepper and a slice of avocado. I don't want anything sweet at that time, something a little salty seems to do the trick. I'm always happy to find a quick healthy snack for those craving times. Not always, but once in awhile between 3:30 and 4 in the afternoon I need a little nosh, too. It tends to be when I am stressed at work.

1912561799_11828661_908533885883554_4862606609133724177_n(2).jpg.9528d0834f4991c126c18fb9a8992e07.jpgI had my 6 month surgery mark on Sunday, and my tele-doc visit with the PA and the Nutritionist yesterday. Everything is on track, which is good to hear; my blood work is all good as far as Vitamins, macronutrients, Protein, etc. Because I use Myfitnesspal to track food, the nutritionist was able to review my diet with quite a bit of detail, and thinks my carbs are a bit low; sometimes my carbs are as low as 20-25 (but sometimes they are 85!); she suggested I monitor to see if I am tired on the days my carbs are below 40, and adjust.

I can't believe it has only been 6 months...February seems a lifetime ago, given all the ways our world has changed since then.

Thought I'd share a before and after (during? Because I hope I'm not "done"): Before is from a wedding in 2019; After is from a hike/walk on Sunday.

Lisa at Chesterfield Gorge August 9 2020.jpg

@lisafrommassachusetts that is so awesome. You look like you just feel amazing!!! I am so happy for you!

Lisa you look the picture of Good Health!
Congratulations!!! And Continued Success to you!

Hi everyone I had surgery on 2/28/2020. I’m down 56 pounds and have 28 more to go. I am doing well other than having some gurd issues. Haven’t really been too consistent about counting carbs or Protein but doing my best to eat well. I still get a sweet tooth but will eat a popsicle or a Hershey kiss and I’m good. I do sometimes feel as if I’m swallowing air when I eat and get full extra fast. Overall I’m very happy with my progress, glad to hear from everyone.

Oh I started pre surgery at 232 and am now at 173. Goal weight is 145. Coming off slowly and I have also lost tons of hair.< /p>

Today makes 6 months for me. From 345 DoS to 243.5, down 101.5 lbs. Hope to lose another 50. My neighbors have noticed the difference, been getting alot of compliments. Going to be awkward when I go back to work. Been working from home since March.

2 hours ago, Xx1jpt5xx said:

Today makes 6 months for me. From 345 DoS to 243.5, down 101.5 lbs. Hope to lose another 50. My neighbors have noticed the difference, been getting alot of compliments. Going to be awkward when I go back to work. Been working from home since March.

Wow! That is an impressive amount of loss! I hope you are feeling energized. People will barely recognize you! Congratulations.

That is so awesome!!!! And I think it will be fun to go back to work after all that time! I'm glad you're doing good and making such good progress!

Hi everyone!!! Im almost at the 6.5 month mark & I feel absolutely FANTASTIC. I haven't felt this great since I was a freshman in college. I'm down 79 lbs- everyone is noticing a huge difference which is sometimes a bit awkward because they're like "you look so good" and in my head I'm like "I also looked so good before ...or did I?" Messes with the brain and self esteem in weird ways.. Anywho- I have my days where I look in the mirror and feel like I have a long way to go, but I'm actually 24 lbs away from my surgeons goal of 170lbs. Ive only dumped maybe 3 times "non-traditionally" I get the sweats and have to use the bathroom shortly after. I have had episodes of the foamies 2 times though (dry heaving with only clear slimy stuff coming out?). I haven't been able to pinpoint what triggers it, but I definitely hate it. Surprisingly I am able to tolerate just about anything.. don't judge me or just stop reading now lol.. I've had small portions of: Cake, chips, Fried Foods, Fast Foods, pizza, Ice cream the list of no-no's honestly goes on and on. You name it I've probably at least had a bite to test the waters, but I do eat clean 80% of the time- which is my long-term goal. I have been working out on and off. I completed a full body strength training 28 day challenge and worked my way up to running/walking (2.5 minutes running/ 30 seconds walking) 2.47 miles using the run keeper app. I then took a break to plan and have my micro-wedding which was 7/23/20! I'll attach some photos. The wedding threw me for a loop and I didn't workout for about a month after that, so I'm still getting back into the groove and trying to make it a habit. So far so good, I worked out everyday this week (Monday-Friday) I want to take weekends off. I have some loose skin that I think will need some plastic surgery later on in life, I'm not that worried about it right now. Hope everyone is doing well!

BF6A946E-07D4-480D-9086-13576E317391.jpeg

C96AE94E-82A5-450B-B4D3-BF4050584F77.jpeg

DSC00162.jpg

Newlyweds.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 8:30 AM, ResaRoo said:

It’s great to hear from everyone! And I can totally relate to the stall, Lisa. I’m in one right now, too. Down almost 80lbs since pre-op (65ish since surgery). I’m eating between 850 and 1000 cals, getting in all my Water and Protein. I’m walking between 12,000 and 15,000 steps a day and am on week 3 of Beach Body’s 21 day fix. I haven’t lost a single pound yet, but I can feel some more muscle and toning happening, so that’s great. I still have about 100 lbs to lose to be at a healthy weight.

Is anyone else finding that they get hungry in the evenings? Not sure if it’s real hunger of head hunger. I ignore it and drink Water most of the time.

Good for you!! I did the 21 day fix and tried to do the ‘surrenders’ before I was ready... lol I literally couldn’t stand up for a week haha I learned my lesson.
My trick for the evening is to drink spicy broth, I find it satisfies my craving. If I really need a snack, cottage cheese and a few grapes is my go to.

Glad I popped in to catch up on everyone’s progress! I’m officially 6 months out and 65lbs down. My starting weight was 270 (now I’m 205lbs) I feel so much better in every way. I have had a super fun summer Camping lots with my 3 kids and was able to enjoy the waterpark for once!
I know I have lots of room for improvement, I have only been walking and lifting light weights for the last few months. It’s been tough with having the kids home 24/7. I have had pizza and ice cream but rarely. I know I will be able to workout more once school starts in a few days and my other two are able to go to daycare. Working from home, while having the kids home was challenging indeed but I stayed active by taking my kids for walks and playing with them. Definitely ordered out more then once lol but luckily my kids love sushi so that is my go to take out place.
I hope my weight loss doesn’t slow too much as I still have a long way to go to reach my GW!