Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@Seige maybe you should check into transferring to a different bariatric center. That’s not good and you someone to be helping you out in a professional level.

Hi everyone. I had my GBP Feb. 13/20. My start weight was 217. I am currently 147, so am down 70 pounds from starting the presurgery diet. I am having some gall bladder issues but can hold them at bay by eating low fat, at least for now. Mostly I am in awe that I am wearing a size medium, and I do have a lot of hanging skin (can you say bat wings? Lol) I am hoping to make my goal weight of 127, but not as quickly as it’s been going. It seems to be hard on the gallbladder. I have been exercising every day but backed off a bit to try to slow the weight loss down. I was walking and doing weights and biking. I have so much energy now and my knees are so much better. I am happy and mostly feeling good. How are all the other February people doing?

Hang in there. It might feel frustrating to lose slowly but I have lost too quickly and now am having some gall bladder issues, which are not fun at all. Best of luck!

I’m being monitored by my cardiologist. In these times I don’t want to be visiting any medical offices, unless it’s an absolute necessity. Hopefully, I’ll be changing locations within the next six weeks, and seek a support group at that location. Im pleased to just not have the uncontrollable appetite anymore. Thanks for your reply.

Thank you for your support. I am not really upset about the rate. Already, my legs look like I haven’t pulled up my panty hose. The belly is still firm and fat! I am curious to check my blood levels. I went for a panel. The idiots checked thyroid, and antibodies, but neglected the CBC panel! Now the lab is overbooked. Stupid.

8 minutes ago, Seige said:

I’m being monitored by my cardiologist. In these times I don’t want to be visiting any medical offices, unless it’s an absolute necessity. Hopefully, I’ll be changing locations within the next six weeks, and seek a support group at that location. Im pleased to just not have the uncontrollable appetite anymore. Thanks for your reply.

Yes, isn’t it awesome not to be hungry? I really appreciate that part of this. Makes the journey a lot easier for me. I actually forgot to eat a meal last week because I was busy and occupied with another activity! That didn’t happen very often before surgery! Hahahahaha. I still have « head hunger » issues. I need to take a small portion to start and eat more, rather than starting bigger. I can overeat if I am not mindful.

Glad to see we are still here. Since surgery I have lost 105lbs.Been currently fighting this stall I go up a pound then down then up and down without changing my calorie intake. I drank a beer today to have a lot of carbs. I’ll see if that works.

sw 349

cw 244

Wow! You're only a month ahead of me. That’s a great number. I’m only down about 40, and almost all came off my legs, which were thin to begin with. But the key word is “down”. I had a gastric sleeve procedure. It has worked wonders for my cravings, and binging. I no longer have the desire to do any of this. I can only hope that it stays that way. I’m 71, now, and hope to have some good, healthy years ahead. The pound up and down is daunting. I try not to let it get to me. I know I’m doing what I’m supposed to. Rome wasn’t built in a day! It took four years for me to put this lard on, after I broke my leg rather badly, so I’ll just have to be a bit more patient. Continue the good work! We’re worth it!

Chalcrow: I know what you mean about “head hunger”. I still can’t overeat, in one sitting. I can only manage three ounces of Protein, and then I get the signal. But I am aware that I could graze myself into oblivion. I use ProTracker, Keto/calorie app. It’s free. I try to track every morsel. It makes me accountable to myself. If I’m having a boring, uneventful day, and I know I’m going to be looking for a sweet, or savory snack in the evening, I’ll keep my caloric intake low during the day, so I can have my Parmesan wisps, or slimfast caramel crunch, fat bomb, later. If I know I want a high calorie item, like a hot dog, I’ll make sure I have only two ounces of protein, like chicken, egg or tuna, for lunch. WW didn’t work for me. There was too much freedom. The fruits became a problem.

12 minutes ago, Seige said:

Wow! You're only a month ahead of me. That’s a great number. I’m only down about 40, and almost all came off my legs, which were thin to begin with. But the key word is “down”. I had a gastric sleeve procedure. It has worked wonders for my cravings, and binging. I no longer have the desire to do any of this. I can only hope that it stays that way. I’m 71, now, and hope to have some good, healthy years ahead. The pound up and down is daunting. I try not to let it get to me. I know I’m doing what I’m supposed to. Rome wasn’t built in a day! It took four years for me to put this lard on, after I broke my leg rather badly, so I’ll just have to be a bit more patient. Continue the good work! We’re worth it!

You also keep up the great work.we are worth it!

Great to hear from so many folks on here! I'm plugging along, I'm down a little over 50 pounds including the pre-surgery loss. I'm losing about a pound to 2 per week now.

I've been walking a lot, and have started doing some more rigorous walks, although not anything that counts as "hiking"...My knees feel so much better, my stamina is up, my lung capacity is better. I try to make sure I get up and move for at least 5 to 10 minutes every hour, not so much for the calorie burn but to keep my metabolism up.

It's been hard at times not to fall into grazing...We are home so much because of the pandemic, and at one point I was working from home 4 days a week. I try to keep hard boiled eggs, tuna or chicken salad ready in the fridge so if I need a snack I can have some Protein. I also found I love sunflower butter, and a tablespoon of that with a half an apple, or some protein crackers is a great little snack for me. Frozen shrimp is also a new staple for me; I often have a salad with 6 shrimp for lunch, or make up a shrimp salad with reduced calorie mayo and lemon juice, red pepper, onions and celery. I am completely off the Protein Shakes, except I use Premier Cafe Latte in my coffee. I have a Protein Bar once or twice a week, but mostly because I like them. I eat between 800 and 1000 calories per day, which the nutritionist was happy with.

Downsides: hair loss! Which is really bad right now, don't know why, maybe because I've lost enough weight to trigger it; Extra skin, especially on the upper arms, and boy head hunger is real. Also, I think the novelty is wearing off, I find myself thinking stupid things, like "I could eat just a quarter of the jelly donut" or "1 piece of pizza would be ok". So basically I am lusting after other people's food! I keep telling myself in maintenance I can try an indulgence once in awhile.

I miss having a couple of drinks. My daughter is coming for a visit this Saturday, and we will socially distance out in the yard, and I would love to mix up some sangria (I make mine with rum and red wine....). Cucumber mint Water will have to do!

Stay well everyone! Nice to hear from folks!

19 hours ago, Seige said:

Chalcrow: I know what you mean about “head hunger”. I still can’t overeat, in one sitting. I can only manage three ounces of Protein, and then I get the signal. But I am aware that I could graze myself into oblivion. I use ProTracker, Keto/calorie app. It’s free. I try to track every morsel. It makes me accountable to myself. If I’m having a boring, uneventful day, and I know I’m going to be looking for a sweet, or savory snack in the evening, I’ll keep my caloric intake low during the day, so I can have my Parmesan wisps, or slimfast caramel crunch, fat bomb, later. If I know I want a high calorie item, like a hot dog, I’ll make sure I have only two ounces of Protein, like chicken, egg or tuna, for lunch. WW didn’t work for me. There was too much freedom. The fruits became a problem.

I hear ya! I was a WW leader for 8 years and all I did was go up and down like a see saw. I wish you continued success!

19 hours ago, Too many dogs said:

You also keep up the great work.we are worth it!

We so are! Too Many Dogs you are doing great! Keep up the good work! My RD encourages me to eat or drink whatever I want in moderation for long term success. So, I have one cup of Decaf coffee in the morning and one cup of decaf tea at night. It helps keep me sane for now rather than drinking all Water, which I am SOoooo over. I always did drink my 8 cups/day but I miss Coke Zero, beer, and sparkling water. 😫

6 hours ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

Great to hear from so many folks on here! I'm plugging along, I'm down a little over 50 pounds including the pre-surgery loss. I'm losing about a pound to 2 per week now.

I've been walking a lot, and have started doing some more rigorous walks, although not anything that counts as "hiking"...My knees feel so much better, my stamina is up, my lung capacity is better. I try to make sure I get up and move for at least 5 to 10 minutes every hour, not so much for the calorie burn but to keep my metabolism up.

It's been hard at times not to fall into grazing...We are home so much because of the pandemic, and at one point I was working from home 4 days a week. I try to keep hard boiled eggs, tuna or chicken salad ready in the fridge so if I need a snack I can have some Protein. I also found I love sunflower butter, and a tablespoon of that with a half an apple, or some Protein crackers is a great little snack for me. Frozen shrimp is also a new staple for me; I often have a salad with 6 shrimp for lunch, or make up a shrimp salad with reduced calorie mayo and lemon juice, red pepper, onions and celery. I am completely off the Protein Shakes, except I use Premier Cafe Latte in my coffee. I have a Protein Bar once or twice a week, but mostly because I like them. I eat between 800 and 1000 calories per day, which the nutritionist was happy with.

Downsides: hair loss! Which is really bad right now, don't know why, maybe because I've lost enough weight to trigger it; Extra skin, especially on the upper arms, and boy head hunger is real. Also, I think the novelty is wearing off, I find myself thinking stupid things, like "I could eat just a quarter of the jelly donut" or "1 piece of pizza would be ok". So basically I am lusting after other people's food! I keep telling myself in maintenance I can try an indulgence once in awhile.

I miss having a couple of drinks. My daughter is coming for a visit this Saturday, and we will socially distance out in the yard, and I would love to mix up some sangria (I make mine with rum and red wine....). Cucumber mint Water will have to do!

Stay well everyone! Nice to hear from folks!

Lisa, thanks for the great post. I am going to take some of your suggestions about protein Snacks and use them. I am also clogging the drains with my hair! Omg. No bald spots to date but man is it coming out. Yikes! I also miss wine (never did drink a lot of it but...and gin and tonics. Those were my favourite summer drinks) and I am so tired of water! Ugh. I cannot seem to flavour it to my satisfaction and started making Decaf iced tea because I needed an alternative. Isn’t it great to be able to exercise more easily? Keep up the good work.

Lisa, you’ve come too far to lust for other people’s food. I have seen too many people go through bypass surgery, and put the weight back, way more rapidly, than the rate it came off. I think that’s why I put off having the sleeve procedure for so long. Get yourself together. You wouldn’t lust for someone else’s partner, and act on it!
As for the hair, I’ve experienced Hair loss before, after strict dieting, or surgeries. My part was getting wider and wider. At the suggestion of my dermatologist, I started taking a Hair, Skin, & Nails formula, Gummy Vitamin, with a high amount of Biotin. It takes about 8 weeks. You should see new, baby hairs coming in. It’s not breakage.
enjoy your socializing. Savor the company. Forget the food.