Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 04/22/2020 at 20:46, Xx1jpt5xx said:

So surgery was 2/26 so officially 8 weeks out. I started at 345 and am now 305.

Hoping to get under 300 by 4/26 but don't think it'll be possible.

I can relate. I was 308 the day of surgery and I’m at 288 today. 20 lbs in about 6 weeks, and I’ve been stalled for almost 4 weeks with no weight loss. I’m baffled. I don’t know if I should up my calories or lower my calories. I’m getting about 700cals a day and meeting Protein goals most of the time. However, I don’t always get in all my fluids, so maybe that’s why?

On 4/24/2020 at 9:32 AM, ResaRoo said:

I can relate. I was 308 the day of surgery and I’m at 288 today. 20 lbs in about 6 weeks, and I’ve been stalled for almost 4 weeks with no weight loss. I’m baffled. I don’t know if I should up my calories or lower my calories. I’m getting about 700cals a day and meeting Protein goals most of the time. However, I don’t always get in all my fluids, so maybe that’s why?

So I didn't make my goal. Was 303 this morning.

I think your calories are fine. I probably take in a little less that that probably 500. But that's only because I just don't feel like eating. I just make sure I get 60oz of fluids and at least 70g Protein.

Helloooooooo 190’s!! Woooohooooo I’m so excited to be under 200 finally. I had a surgical procedure on my foot so I can’t walk or exercise for a couple weeks but at least I’m still losing in spite of all that. Goal 1 officially accomplished!! Hope everyone is doing well!!
Surgery date- 2/25
SW- 235
CW 199.2

Well, I added nearly 1 litre of extra Water intake a day since Tuesday, and that seems to have gotten things moving again. I’ve lost 3 lbs since then! So excited after about a month long stall!

So my surgery was 2/25. I started on the day of surgery at 345. I am now down to 306. I feel a little discouraged almost 10 weeks in and having lost only about 40lbs. I am slowly, SLOWWWLLLYY losing weight. I do not feel very thirsty ever, and initally I was not very hungry. But now I do get hungry.

I don't even feel that much different.

1 hour ago, TheAngryMeow said:

So my surgery was 2/25. I started on the day of surgery at 345. I am now down to 306. I feel a little discouraged almost 10 weeks in and having lost only about 40lbs. I am slowly, SLOWWWLLLYY losing weight. I do not feel very thirsty ever, and initally I was not very hungry. But now I do get hungry.

Its good progress. I wouldn't worry too much I'm not. My surgery was 2/26 @ the same 345 and I've only lost 45 and I'm a guy. Weighed in today at 299.7 so officially in the twos.

I’m almost 90 days since surgery five days away. Weight loss has been going with a few stalls here and there. Been outside doing something weather permitting and using the treadmill when rains or lifting high reps low weight. I’m only doing about 480 to 600 calories a day. I really like the Protein Shakes That’s mainly what I consume daily as not very hungry. Maybe I will have one meal and 2 shakes a day or 3 shakes and a snack, carrots or almonds in a day.Always make Protein and Water I sweat through all of my clothing everyday make sure I have t shirt and sweatshirt on.
One of my big goals is to be 250 or lighter by Mid June for my son’s graduation.

Everyone keep working stay focused and safe! We will all succeed

SW 349

today 276.2

Surgery date 2/6/20

Edited by Too many dogs
To add more

20 hours ago, TheAngryMeow said:

40 pounds is actually pretty good. My surgery was on 2/19 and I have lost only 25 pounds.I know it is discouraging but be patient. You are learning a better way to eat a slow weight is healthier. I concentrate how I am feeling rather the numbers.

23 minutes ago, DB in AZ said:

40 pounds is actually pretty good. My surgery was on 2/19 and I have lost only 25 pounds.I know it is discouraging but be patient. You are learning a better way to eat a slow weight is healthier. I concentrate how I am feeling rather the numbers.

My goodness, I would be absolutely thrilled with a 40 pound loss in that timeframe. My loss, in comparison is 18 pounds in the same timeframe and I am taking in 700-800 calories daily.

Hello everyone! Hope you all are staying healthy and safe! I weigh on Fridays, so this is my 3 month mark. I am down 30 pounds in the 3 months since surgery, 40 including the 3 week pre-op weight loss. Not very fast, and this week was barely a pound, but I am happy with it. I have really been increasing movement and I am walking between 4 and 5 miles per day, spread out over the day. I am experimenting with food, and am eating 700 to 850 calories per day. My Protein intake is good, and I fight to get the Water in! Downside....my hair is soooo thin, and I am noticing lots of saggy upper arm skin. Hope everyone is hanging in!

Hi Lisa from Massachusetts, My surgery was 2/28. I’m in the same boat as you. I’m weighing in at 195. Saggy arms and slowly losing. I have 50 more pounds to lose and it seems it will take forever.

I had my surgery March 9th, then all the lockdown started. The surgeon did a brief tele conf, a couple of times. Was really abrupt. The office was closed to questions. I had shakes and Soups for the first two weeks. The first month the scale hadn’t moved, except one day to go up two pounds, that stayed for three weeks. Very frustrating, to say the least. I got a free app for my phone, called ProTracker. Counts calories and nutrients. I found when I went to 1100 calories, things started moving. I eat very small portions of Greek yogurt, chicken, lean pork chop, tuna, garden meatballs, for main meals. Supplement with small fruit portion, or the bariatric bars and Snacks. Absolutely no support. Need someone to tell me I’m doing this right.

13 hours ago, Seige said:

I had my surgery March 9th, then all the lockdown started. The surgeon did a brief tele conf, a couple of times. Was really abrupt. The office was closed to questions. I had shakes and Soups for the first two weeks. The first month the scale hadn’t moved, except one day to go up two pounds, that stayed for three weeks. Very frustrating, to say the least. I got a free app for my phone, called ProTracker. Counts calories and nutrients. I found when I went to 1100 calories, things started moving. I eat very small portions of Greek yogurt, chicken, lean pork chop, tuna, garden meatballs, for main meals. Supplement with small fruit portion, or the bariatric bars and Snacks. Absolutely no support. Need someone to tell me I’m doing this right.

Wow! That's rough to not have the scale move for the first month. How much have you lost in the second month? Where did you start?

On 5/1/2020 at 10:00 AM, ResaRoo said:

Well, I added nearly 1 litre of extra Water intake a day since Tuesday, and that seems to have gotten things moving again. I’ve lost 3 lbs since then! So excited after about a month long stall!