Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

20 hours ago, Redeaux said:

Same here week 4&5 just broke my stall today and the constipation didn’t help at all...

Congrats on breaking your stall! Yes the Constipation has been tough too, I do feel that is getting better. I am trying to drink as much Water as I can but there are so many time rules 30 minutes before and after plus I'm on antacids so then its two hours after so it's just been tough because sometimes I get busy and lose track of time. I am waiting a few days before the next weigh in.

So I have a question, how is the social isolation going and is your diet affected? My kids school is closed for two weeks. I have to work Monday but the kids are off for the week where I work. I am sick of broth so I'm enjoying eggs and meatballs (in moderation). I still drink my Protein and I can drink my Decaf without running to the bathroom. I do plan to revert to my Jello and broth if we have to stay in for some time. How is everyone doing?

Hi everyone! I’m almost 1 month post-op RNY (2/19/20). The pain in my belly near 2 of my incisions is finally gone! During my last visit to the NP, she told me that my pain was due to stitches in my muscle that had not dissolved yet.
I’m on purée food now and beginning Tuesday I will be advanced to soft foods. I am so ready! I’ve been doing well on purées but I will be happy to eat more of a variety.

I’m 17 days out from sleeve on 02/28/2020, I can drink the Protein Drinks fine but only one. I always get diarrhea right after. However I’ve moved on to soft foods, I’m eating chicken breasts, salmon, cheese and drinking small amounts of juice. I feel fine as long as I eat slow but just wondering if this may have caused a stall. scale hasn’t moved in 3 days.

You may be going through the 3 week stall as most of us have.

Good morning all! I hope everyone is doing well with these post-op weeks. And staying healthy as we face this pandemic! I start full foods this week-end; I actually had a little corned beef yesterday; 2 ounces of sliced lean corned beef with a couple of carrots and some cabbage. Tasted delicious and I tolerated it fine.

By and large I have had no problems adding foods; My calories tend to be between 550 and 650; Yesterday, however they were well over 700! How odd that 700 calories seems like a lot, what a different perspective from 6 weeks ago.

I'm still battling a cold...it is just hanging on. This is NOT the time you want to cough in public, by the way. My work has gone to skeleton crew; I go in Mon., Wed. and every other Friday. I work from home, but everything is so slowed down; I actually like being in the office because it feels more normal.

These are anxious times. I find I am enjoying community where I find it! My book group is doing a "virtual" meeting, not bad for a bunch of aging baby boomers; My extended family is doing a group email where someone is posting pretty much daily and I enjoy hearing about my nieces, nephews and grands, as well as hearing from my brothers and their wives. My friends and I have re-discovered phone visits. We are not banned from public parks, yet, so we have taken some nice walks.

I'm trying to remember to be grateful! That and not hoarding toilet paper! Our local foodbanks are really being stretched, so we've made an effort to make a monetary donation and my office has a donation box. Everyone seems to be doing what they can.

Take care of yourselves and each other! I love reading your updates.

I’m at the stall too. My surgery was 2/14 so almost 5 weeks now. I just started solids today. On Friday I broke out into a rash at 2 of my incisions. The rash is horrible because the incisions and rash are painful and very itchy. I was told it’s the preservatives in my Vitamins. Ugh

Just a recap.. sleeved, 2/27, SW 243, CW 226, 17 pounds lost.

Here’s my problem. My insurance provides all Vitamins through a company called Nascobal. All of their vitamins are fruit flavored chewables except for the B12 nasal spray. I can no longer stomach them and gag every time I take them. It wasn’t a problem in the beginning. It’s definitely a different story now. Anyone else having issues with their vitamins?

1 hour ago, 3sonsitk said:

Just a recap.. sleeved, 2/27, SW 243, CW 226, 17 pounds lost.

Here’s my problem. My insurance provides all Vitamins through a company called Nascobal. All of their Vitamins are fruit flavored chewables except for the B12 nasal spray. I can no longer stomach them and gag every time I take them. It wasn’t a problem in the beginning. It’s definitely a different story now. Anyone else having issues with their vitamins?

I have the same vitamins and I developed the same issue. In the beginning all was well and then suddenly I started gagging while chewing them.. I had an appointment via video with my NUT and she suggested taking them with food or right after eating to see how that works. I'm going to try that tomorrow and if not I'm going to email her asking if I can just buy regular vitamins that I can swallow.

I'm glad we all had our surgeries in February or else plenty of us would probably getting canceled.

On the bright side I can make the food I have last for months while I'm stuck home.

It is interesting adding new foods! Tonight my husband and son wanted take out Mexican; I ordered fish tacos, and ate one, without the taco part. About 1.5 oz of fish, a tablespoon of salsa and a slice of avocado. Yum! And I am starting to imagine what going out with friends to eat may end up looking like; Lots of ordering off the appetizer menu I'm thinking. Of course, we have no restaurants open for anything except take out or delivery. My heart is breaking for all the folks losing their jobs, and for the small business owners.

I'm finding I want 5 to 6 little "meals" a day. For example, I just ate 2 oz. of rotisserie chicken; I want a little Protein before I go to sleep. My calories are between 600 and 700, usually right around 650. How are other folks doing as you add foods?

57 minutes ago, lisafrommassachusetts said:

It is interesting adding new foods! Tonight my husband and son wanted take out Mexican; I ordered fish tacos, and ate one, without the taco part. About 1.5 oz of fish, a tablespoon of salsa and a slice of avocado. Yum! And I am starting to imagine what going out with friends to eat may end up looking like; Lots of ordering off the appetizer menu I'm thinking. Of course, we have no restaurants open for anything except take out or delivery. My heart is breaking for all the folks losing their jobs, and for the small business owners.

I'm finding I want 5 to 6 little "meals" a day. For example, I just ate 2 oz. of rotisserie chicken; I want a little Protein before I go to sleep. My calories are between 600 and 700, usually right around 650. How are other folks doing as you add foods?

I'm three weeks out today. So I'm officially cleared to eat almost everything I can tolerate. Not eating very much though. Today I had a string cheese, 2oz. Of refried Beans, 2 oz of egg salad and for the first time had some canned corned beef hash. It was good but pretty calorie dense. Haven't been hungry and I'm ok with that.

Edited by Xx1jpt5xx

Since many of us are mostly home-bound with public spaces and schools closed, does anyone have any good exercise apps or videos they can recommend? I asked a few friends, but all of their suggestions were more appropriate for those who are already fairly active fit and not overweight.

Today is 6 weeks post op still have pain if sit in one place. Weight loss is going well. I have been walking on our treadmill everyday and now added some weight lifting in as well as yard work. Only been eating fish and vegetables along with a Protein Shake I’ve also eaten an egg a few times.
As of today I have lost over 50lbs since my sleeve surgery on 2/6/2020.

I had my sleeve on 2/4/20& lost 45 pounds from start weight of 285 BUT I keep sneaking kettle chips ☹️ I try hard to drink lots of Water and herbal teas and stay on my approved foods but my husband has a bag of chips I keep swiping a chip from and I so mad at myself🥺