Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone experienced the 3 week stall yet?

51 minutes ago, 3sonsitk said:

I think that I have. But it was between week 2 and 3. The scale didn’t move at all. But now I’m 3 weeks and a couple of days and I see the scale moving again.

I actually gained weight around 3 weeks; but the scale has moved downward again. I feel like eating soft food has helped a bit. What are folks enjoying eating as they move to soft foods?

I believe I did as well. I lost 10 pounds right after surgery then the scale stopped for about a week. Weighed this morning and I'm down 5 more pounds. I'm trying to get a handle on Constipation. My Dr has me on full liquids for another week.

@lisafrommassachusetts I haven't started soft foods yet. What are you eating?

1 hour ago, 3sonsitk said:

Yes!! What is going on and how do we resolve it? I’m wondering if it’s because I was on liquids for so long and I’m finally eating somethings that have consistency?

1 hour ago, 3sonsitk said:

44 minutes ago, 3sonsitk said:

@lisafrommassachusetts I haven't started soft foods yet. What are you eating?

I started on eggs; but I have also really enjoyed a turkey sausage link with steamed cauliflower rice and spinach with some Cajun spice; I made Shelly's Ricotta Bake tonight and added some spinach (yum!); I've had baked salmon, tilapia, tuna salad and rotisserie chicken. Can't eat much, 2 oz fills me up if it is meat, but it feels great to eat something with some texture. I just wish I had room for a little more vegetables!

Yes, I am in it (surgery 2/20/20)!!!! The struggle is real. I can't believe that I'm not losing weight while consuming so few calories a day. Is it because I'm eating real food vs. liquid? Whatever the reason, it's very frustrating!

Am I the only one who's not weighing themselves? We are eating and drinking very little, it's almost impossible not to lose weight. I have enough worries in my life, not going to let the scale be another one. I'll give it 3 months until I check. I even went to my appointments and told them I dont want to hear the numbers.

@Xx1jpt5xx, I admire that attitude! I, however, am just too darn curious. I am trying to just step on every few days. I think I'll try to just do Fridays.

54 minutes ago, Xx1jpt5xx said:

Am I the only one who's not weighing themselves? We are eating and drinking very little, it's almost impossible not to lose weight. I have enough worries in my life, not going to let the scale be another one. I'll give it 3 months until I check. I even went to my appointments and told them I dont want to hear the numbers.

I only weigh myself at appointments. I weighed myself at my parents house once last week. I don’t own a scale & plan to keep it that way for a while.

I knew it was a stall once I saw the numbers go up and down by 1 pound. The best way to get through it is to keep doing what you do and stay off the scale. I now weigh myself once week.

@lisafrommass I plan on making the ricotta bake as well. Good idea to add spinach.

11 hours ago, 3sonsitk said:

I have at week 4, i was losing everyday and now at am a standstill. Not sure I need to add exercise but I’m kind of tired.

8 hours ago, GinaFigz said:

I have at week 4, i was losing everyday and now at am a standstill. Not sure I need to add exercise but I’m kind of tired.

Same here week 4&5 just broke my stall today and the Constipation didn’t help at all...

I'm almost 3 weeks out and was cleared to start trying all solids. Had some corned beef and carrots. No Ill effects. It was slow cooked for 10 hours so I think that helped.