Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 03/03/2020 at 19:41, MOHOJO19 said:

I too am here!!! I had my surgery 2/28. Things have been pretty good! No nausea or vomiting. I'm just tired of these Clear Liquids and I have another week to do...This is insane LOL.

I had my vsg on 2/27 too!

On 3/2/2020 at 5:35 PM, 3sonsitk said:

What type of blender do you have?

I have the nutri bullet. It's great but no speed control and it almost arates everything incorporating too much air then causes lots of bloating and gas. Still trying to find a work around for this issue.

Edited by ShortBuddah710

On 3/2/2020 at 6:23 AM, niffer said:

Thanks@ResaRoo!

Greetings. SD 2/24

15 hours ago, ResaRoo said:

Yes, it’s 26 lbs now. But 25 of those were post op. I gained after surgery and it took 2 weeks to lose that. Now I’m down almost 2 lbs below my day or surgery weight. Aunt Flo just paid her monthly visit, so I’m not expecting any loss for at least another week. Blah. 

Oops - typo. Meant to say that 25lbs was PRE-op, not post op. 🙄

Hi All - new to the group.

I had my surgery 2/11 - am still in the "smooth foods" phase. I seem to have hit a stall on the weight loss after only about 15 total pounds. It feels kind of frustrating. I know that it is supposed to be normal to stall - but it feels kind of depressing! I have just started to walk more in the last week or so - before it was too tiring to walk more than about a block. Hopefully the weight loss kicks up again soon.

Everyone seems to be doing all the right things. Good job .However I haven't read where anyone is tracking EVERYTHING you eat or drink on a tracker.. This is soooo important to food accountability for every stage .. I use BARITASTIC it is easy and fantastic. download the app it's free and start tracking so you not guessing how much Protein, Water, food etc.... you are putting in your body... Carry on and Good luck......

15 hours ago, Lyssa1824 said:

I feel the same way... I don't know if I regret this or not.

It is much too early for that... hang in there . I felt the same way but it will quickly change .. you will be so amazed.. just follow the instruction , make it your purpose in life right now the drink as much Water as you can. the things you can have now are lilmited for a reason ,stick to it ...your time to change it up will come . be patient and remember it took time and bad eating habits to get us here and it's gonna take time and good eating habits to take us where we want to go.... Don't complain to yourself just encourage yourself and Celebrate everyday you are closer to your promised land. I only regret I didn't do this 10 or 20 years ago......

37 minutes ago, november11 said:

Everyone seems to be doing all the right things. Good job .However I haven't read where anyone is tracking EVERYTHING you eat or drink on a tracker.. This is soooo important to food accountability for every stage .. I use BARITASTIC it is easy and fantastic. download the app it's free and start tracking so you not guessing how much Protein, Water, food etc.... you are putting in your body... Carry on and Good luck......

So I’m not sure about everyone else but I am 2 weeks out from surgery. Every plan is different but my surgeon doesn’t want me tracking anything except for fluids. I am on full liquids for almost another week. She has straight told me she isn’t worried about Protein yet until I get to actually eating foods.
this may be different than your plan but I feel like we are all trying to follow our specific plans for this stage. With us being a month or less out from surgery, I’m sure we all have different requirements than you at this point.
having said all that, I have heard that Baritastic is a good app for tracking and I have it downloaded for when I’m ready for it!

2 minutes ago, Puffy-no-more said:

So I’m not sure about everyone else but I am 2 weeks out from surgery. Every plan is different but my surgeon doesn’t want me tracking anything except for fluids. I am on full liquids for almost another week. She has straight told me she isn’t worried about Protein yet until I get to actually eating foods.
this may be different than your plan but I feel like we are all trying to follow our specific plans for this stage. With us being a month or less out from surgery, I’m sure we all have different requirements than you at this point.
having said all that, I have heard that Baritastic is a good app for tracking and I have it downloaded for when I’m ready for it!

yes you are correct Water is the most important right now.. I tried to give general thoughts going forward . follow the instructions from your team .Tracking will come. congratulations and have a great journey:)

Oh ok. I understand!

16 hours ago, Lyssa1824 said:

I feel the same way... I don't know if I regret this or not.

I'm the same I'm in a lot of pain I feel sick 24/7...I'm struggling to look forward all I do is cry and regret what I've done 😭

34 minutes ago, Puffy-no-more said:

I use Baritastic and myfitnesspal. At first I didn't like the Baritastic app because I could keep track of my flip per ounce and I kept losing track of how much I drank. So I only used myfitnesspal for the first week out. Then I found out about the different reminder options Baritastic has so use it for that. I track just about everything but haven't met with my nutritionist yet so not sure what she'll have me doing when I do meet with her....

what is everyones Vitamin routine like? I'm trying to piece one together so I can set reminders on the Baritastic App.

@doublepau I know it can be somewhat controversial and some don't agree with them but my surgeon's office is actually very "for" them. I use the multi Vitamin Patch. One a day. And then I take 1 pepcid a day. Once I am able to get things down better, I do plan on taking regular ones along with the Calcium and all that, but for now I'm sticking with the patch.

Hello! I am 9 days post op and feeling pretty good but experiencing diarrhea. Anyone else experience this?