Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had your band and are you still happy?

How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far

• 0 - 1year
    • 1 - 3years
    • 3- 5years
    • 5 - 7years
    • 7 - 9years
    • 10years +
    • Yes, I am totally happy with it
    • No, I wish I hadn't done it
    • Yes, I have had problems
    • No problems with my band to date

I am curious as more and more people have the band for a few years, how many more complications we are going to hear about. It really does scare me knowing I have silicone wrapped around my stomach. It doesn't seem natural and it worries me that eventually won't be safe.

I have had the band over 3 years now and I am doing great! I hate to put it this way--but people but silicone in other parts of their body and are just fine! :( It is the best thing I ever did for myself!

Most of the time I never even know it is there except for when I eat! I no longer graze like a cow or eat too much! LOVE IT!

I am curious as more and more people have the band for a few years, how many more complications we are going to hear about. It really does scare me knowing I have silicone wrapped around my stomach. It doesn't seem natural and it worries me that eventually won't be safe.

If you have an issue you have it removed the studies show that your tummy goes back to how it was before surgery. Good luck with your decision!

Everyone is different!!!!

I've had mines for about 2 1/2 years. no problems what so eva!!!!

I love it, it was the best decision I made and along with exercise!!!! Man I done hit the jackpot!!!!:(

I have had my band for 2 years and one month and still very happy with my decision to have it placed. No complications whatsoever and I am very happy to say that I have lost and maintained a 152 pound weight loss.:)

I just celebrated 8 months with the lapband and I love it!!!! I am so happy with my results to date.

I am about 3 1/2 months out from my surgery and am VERY happy with my band and the results so far.

6 months and I absolutely hate it. I have lost a lot of weight but I've been in pain and no one really knows why. I maybe getting it removed. My mom was thinking about getting the surgery but after she's seen how much I've endured she changed her mind.

It's not for everyone and everyone's body reacts differently. I'm grateful for the weight loss but the price has been too high in my opinion.

I'm 1.5 yrs out and totally glad with what I did. -120 lbs to date and even though I know I still have a ways to go, I think I can get there with mindful eating, exercise, and a positive attitude. I used to face my first weigh in at Weight Watchers with such enthusiasm, and lose a little at a time and get discouraged, and give up. I even lost 100 lbs on WW twice and regained it because when I just stopped Portion Control, I could eat what I wanted. I am now very conscious of every calorie eaten has to be a calorie burned.

On the issue of having something implanted now for a lifetime. I plan to continue regular follow ups with my surgeon and at the first sign of a problem, go see him. I let some acid reflux go for a month or so and thought it was just me with eating wrong combinations, etc. and a tiny unfill adjusted that band and the reflux went away in 24 hrs and hasn't been seen since. So, the Adjustable part of a gastric lapband, is invaluable.

6 months and I absolutely hate it. I have lost a lot of weight but I've been in pain and no one really knows why. I maybe getting it removed. My mom was thinking about getting the surgery but after she's seen how much I've endured she changed her mind.

It's not for everyone and everyone's body reacts differently. I'm grateful for the weight loss but the price has been too high in my opinion.

I am so sorry to hear you are in pain...that is too bad. I wish the Drs could help you!

I have had my band for 6.5 years and this is the best thing i have ever had done. I am due to go into surgery on Tuesday for a replacement due to a slippage. I would never go without my band now.

Howdy! As of this upcoming Thursday (Oct. 8), I will have been banded for 4 months. I have lost a total of 51lbs and 40+ inches. I have gone from a snug size 28 to a loose size 22. I LOVE MY BAND!! :smile:

I have gone off of Omeprazole (stomach) and Metformin (blood sugar) completely. I just had bloodwork done this past Friday to see if I can reduce or completely go off of my cholesterol meds. My blood pressure was 110/78 and fasting blood sugar was 124. I haven't been this healthy for a long, long time.

A day doesn't go by that I am not truly thankful for my band. :(

I've had my band now for 1 year and 1 month and I LOVE my band!!! I had some pain and discomfort but I was determined to get to the bottom of it. Turned out to be a tad bit too tight and some reflux was causing the pain. Easily remedied! I was NOT going to allow that to discourage me. I would do it all over again.

Im one of the newest ones to post. 8 weeks out and 32 lbs down. I couldn't have done it w/o the band.

I had complications (dilated pouch) but I still love my band. I know I could not have lost nearly 70 lbs without it. When I needed surgery I was terrified that the surgeon would say that my stomach couldn't handle being banded any more. Luckily I was able to get a new band. I don't even care that I'm on liquids through the holidays, I am just relieved to have my band.