Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have let a few people aware of my upcoming WLS. There have been a handful of those few, who have been amazingly overly supportive.

Anywhere from giving cash/gift cards with the "for smaller clothes and needed supplies", to bringing me supplies (they had WLS before and new what was going to be needed), to my husbands boss pre-giving him off the 3 days I am going to be in the hospital. To everything in between. Its been the same here at my job. The support from several fellow employees has been awesome. Asking questions, being aware, sitting down and going over everything, so they know what to expect before and after WLS , when I am back to work. Etc.

I really want to do something for these amazing handful of people. We have been saving up , so we had extra funds ready for clothes/extras etc. (Many knew that insurance didnt cover, and was shelling out 16k for the operation. ) When I was gifted items, I always sent thank you cards with a small note of exactly what was purchased with the funds. Etc.

But I want to do more. Like these little 10cent Thank you cards just don't seem enough for the awesome support (that is hard to find when it comes to WLS).

I have thought about doing some fun Thank you cards, maybe with some corney WLS joke and then like a small ($25) gift card and be like "treat your self" type of thing.

I would love to have input on what everyone thinks (and maybe some corney/pun WLS jokes) . ❤️

How nice! I would NOT send a gift card to someone who gave you money. Maybe a plant or something homemade instead?

I agree No gift cards back! I give a ton of money and time to charity and people and i give because i like to give and help others, I am very fortunate to have the ability to do this, I would feel uncomfortable if i gave or helped someone and they sent me a gift back.

I think the handwrittin note is fine or Sponsor a family or others in need and let everyone know that you are paying it forward for all the help they gave you! Sponsor something in the name of everyone the helped you.

WLS Paying it forward foundation/Event!

25 minutes ago, Khoric Ritter said:

I have let a few people aware of my upcoming WLS. There have been a handful of those few, who have been amazingly overly supportive.

Anywhere from giving cash/gift cards with the "for smaller clothes and needed supplies", to bringing me supplies (they had WLS before and new what was going to be needed), to my husbands boss pre-giving him off the 3 days I am going to be in the hospital. To everything in between. Its been the same here at my job. The support from several fellow employees has been awesome. Asking questions, being aware, sitting down and going over everything, so they know what to expect before and after WLS , when I am back to work. Etc.

I really want to do something for these amazing handful of people. We have been saving up , so we had extra funds ready for clothes/extras etc. (Many knew that insurance didnt cover, and was shelling out 16k for the operation. ) When I was gifted items, I always sent thank you cards with a small note of exactly what was purchased with the funds. Etc.

But I want to do more. Like these little 10cent Thank you cards just don't seem enough for the awesome support (that is hard to find when it comes to WLS).

I have thought about doing some fun Thank you cards, maybe with some corney WLS joke and then like a small ($25) gift card and be like "treat your self" type of thing.

I would love to have input on what everyone thinks (and maybe some corney/pun WLS jokes) . ❤️

Throw a party when you reach goal to let them Celebrate your success with you

Or

Pay it forward anyway you can

Thank you for the input!

I do a lot of cosplay (some of it being cosplay with volunteering) , and I tend to go over board when it comes to hand written scrolls , So the handmade cards is a really awesome idea. The plants is a good idea too. Though most would probably kill a fake one before the day was out. (LOL).

The hospital I am having the WLS done at, holds a yearly gastric walk/run. Several of us have already started planning on joining in on it to Celebrate. (Team Sippn' & Strolln')

I agree with throwing a party to Celebrate your success, but don't give back money or gift cards. They gave you those gifts in good faith, without expecting anything in return. The thank you notes are actually enough. They are thoughtful and grateful. Giving back part of their gift to you would be a little insulting and not what they intended.