Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did you lose on your pre-op diet?

I lost 12lbs in 2 weeks. It was a great jump start heading into surgery!

I just started, but assume my surgeon really only wants me to get rid of the Fluid (that big “weight” drop that comes when you begin eating cleanly, which is almost totally fluid and not much fat beyond a couple of lbs a week). I expect to lose maybe 4 lbs in 2 weeks (or fat) since I am on basically a 1200 cal diet.

Edited by AlwaysCruising

7lbs in 10 days, 3 more days to go. I did have a piece of toast with a tiny bit of Peanut Butter on two different days.

I lost 10 lbs in 9 days. My surgery date was last minute and I didn’t get to do the whole 2 weeks. Nice jump start though.

59 minutes ago, Lici said:

I lost 10 lbs in 9 days. My surgery date was last minute and I didn’t get to do the whole 2 weeks. Nice jump start though.

Wow and I thought that mine was short notice with only 3 1/2 weeks! You hardly had time to blink!

21 lbs over two months of stopping and starting again due to being cancelled! I was sleeved on May 27th and lost another 5 lbs since surgery. Total of 26 lbs.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:12 PM, AlwaysCruising said:

Wow and I thought that mine was short notice with only 3 1/2 weeks! You hardly had time to blink!

Right, it was crazy. But I’m really grateful because I didn’t have time to worry.

29 lbs in 3 weeks.

I am on day 7 of the liquid diet and I am down 7lbs. I am so ready for the next 7 days to fly by!

I was asked to do 2 weeks just shakes but I started early and in 8 weeks lost 57lbs before surgery and have lost 100lbs since surgery :)