Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hope for all you revisionists!

I'm sure you all have heard that when you get a revision that you will have more difficulty losing weight than with the first procedure. I'm here to give you hope!

I had an eleven year old lap band slip, so I had it removed and had a RNY done. Today is my three month post-op anniversary, and I am down 40 pounds. More importantly I am only one pound heavier than the lowest weight I ever achieved after my lap band!

So trust the process, hang in there and hopefully you will also show the naysayers that it is possible to get good results even after a revision. Please add your stories here to help encourage the people who need a revision and think it'll be a waste...thanks!

Thanks for the update on revision. I also had a lapband that slipped after 11 years and will be having gastric bypass on March 26 after having my lapband removed last November. Looking forward to restarting my weight loss journey again.

I had a revision last January. My weight now is lower than my lowest weight with my band and I achieved it fairly quickly. I started from a lower weight so yes I want losing a huge amount per month but I still got to my goal and beyond pretty quickly

Banded in 2008, removed in September 2019. Bypass done January 8. 2020. Highest weight 260 (pre band), Lowest weight 190, weight at removal 225, weight at start of bypass procedure 228, current weight 202. It is slow, but it is moving!!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

o I’m about 3 months post op from my last surgery- D-Switch and have only lost 20lbs and even that was lost during pre-op diet. The STRUGGLE is real. Anyone else? RNY, band over bypass, duodenal switch

I am barely 3 months out from revision. Sleeve to rny. 38 pounds down last time I weighed.
I still have 20-30 to go in order to reach goal but I am feeling great!
My revision was due to hernia and gerd but I was hopeful that I would also lose more weight.

17 minutes ago, HamHockSkye said:

o I’m about 3 months post op from my last surgery- D-Switch and have only lost 20lbs and even that was lost during pre-op diet. The STRUGGLE is real. Anyone else? RNY, band over bypass, duodenal switch

That seems unusual. Especially for ds surgery. Have you talked to your dr about it? What do they say?

44 minutes ago, Losingit2018 said:

That seems unusual. Especially for ds surgery. Have you talked to your dr about it? What do they say?

I haven’t talked to them since my 8 week follow up. I’ll have to make an appt. But from that visit he did say it would be real slow. So I just assumed it was normal

Thanks for the update on revision. I also had a lapband that slipped after 11 years and will be having gastric bypass on March 26 after having my lapband removed last November. Looking forward to restarting my weight loss journey again.
I am also having my 11 year old band removed and rny on March 26th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Awesome great to meet a surgery twin! Mine is in Spokane, Washington check in time 5 o'clock a.m. where will you be having yours?

Awesome great to meet a surgery twin! Mine is in Spokane, Washington check in time 5 o'clock a.m. where will you be having yours?

Who is doing your surgery? I had mine at Deaconnes in Spokane, Dr Spitz, January 8, 2029. Rny conversion from band.

Who is doing your surgery? I had mine at Deaconnes in Spokane, Dr Spitz, January 8, 2029. Rny conversion from band.

woops, 2020!!

Dr. Spritz is doing mine at Deaconess hospital, I attend a two hour class on March 3.
Good luck to you. Dr Spitz and his staff are great. I am sure you will do good.