Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good day everyone! I am preparing for surgery sometime in May. I was wondering how people have hid there bat wing arms after loosing weight. Do you all have anything like compression shirts or anything and who sells them I may need them and it’s probably going to be the one thing that stresses me out. Any and all info would be appreciated!

I don’t hide them, and won’t. Don’t worry about it, you may well find that they bother you less than you think.

No compression. I just wore elbow-length (or longer) sleeves all the time.

I wore 3/4 sleeve shirts. Men’s T-shirt’s have longer sleeves so I bought men’s t-shirts for the gym. My arms are really wrinkly. They are bad just hanging at my side and you can see it from 10 feet away. Surgery is pending!!

I didn't hide them. The excess skin was only really noticeable when I lifted my arms...and even then, I personally thought they looked better with the excess skin than they did with the excess fat any day. I wore tanks tops, tube tops, etc...

With that said however, despite it looking better saggy than fat, I still wasn't 100% happy with them, so I did get an arm lift a couple months ago.

I was pretty self conscious about my arms right after I lost the weight. But now almost 6 months later, they really aren't that noticeable anymore. I am 64 year old, and didn't think my skin could shrink back up, but most of it has. I really did consider plastics at one point, but given some time, the loose skin tightened up more than I could have imagined.

I don’t worry about my arms too much either (we call them tuckshop lady arms here in Aust - the mums & grandmothers who volunteer to man the school canteens). I wear sleeveless & tank tops all the time. I just avoid shoe string straps & action back as the crepey wrinkle skin is more noticeable in these for me.

4 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I don’t worry about my arms too much either (we call them tuckshop lady arms here in Aust - the mums & grandmothers who volunteer to man the school canteens). I wear sleeveless & tank tops all the time. I just avoid shoe string straps & action back as the crepey wrinkle skin is more noticeable in these for me.

Agree. I avoid tank tops in public, not because of the arms, but because my clavicles and ribs poke out, and I think I look too skinny in those areas.

My upper arms have always been big. Stopped wearing tank tops @ 21 when my male cousin flicked my arm fat & called them “grandmother arms”! I’m now 66 & live in So FL so it’s plenty hot.
Surprisingly I lost quickly in my upper arms. But I will always still have bat wings.
Just joined Planet Fitness & I’m determined to work out in active tanks.
Bat wings be dammed!

I'm not there yet, but the thought bothers me mildly. I'm looking for exercises that will help to tone that area, but have so far (at least at my community center) failed to find anything. Any ideas?

I got tired of hiding my arms so I got a tattoo so now I MUST wear short sleeves. :P

octopus.png

Good for you!

1 hour ago, Machalo said:

I'm not there yet, but the thought bothers me mildly. I'm looking for exercises that will help to tone that area, but have so far (at least at my community center) failed to find anything. Any ideas?

I just do about 15 mins of arm exercises in front of the TV every day or so:

• little arm circles (back & forward)
  • large arm circles (back & forward)
  • clasped hand pumps (put your hands together like you are praying and make your elbows touch, raise arms together up and down
  • triep dips (knees bent OR straight out)
  • push ups
  • upward dog presses (like pushups, except your pelvis and legs stay glued to the floor)
  • shoulder lifts

I started doing them 4 months post op almost every day and I can totally see the difference in my muscle tone (I'm 1 yr 4 mnths out now). Mind you I still had a curtain of skin hanging off of them (no amount of exercise will get rid of excess skin). You can see how they looked before my arm lift in the Albums section of my profie.

4 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

I just do about 15 mins of arm exercises in front of the TV every day or so:

• little arm circles (back & forward)
  • large arm circles (back & forward)
  • clasped hand pumps (put your hands together like you are praying and make your elbows touch, raise arms together up and down
  • triep dips (knees bent OR straight out)
  • push ups
  • upward dog presses (like pushups, except your pelvis and legs stay glued to the floor)
  • shoulder lifts

Thanks @ms.sss. That was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks loads! XOXO

One of my 6yr old nieces likes to play with mine. She says she likes them because they’re soft & squishy. Embarrassing ... but funny.