Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting antsy.. Ready to do this..

Hello All! My first post here... I'm currently in the process of getting all my requirements for my insurance. (FEP BCBS). I'm really antsy trying to get it all together. I feel like I should be doing more... It's just a lot of hurry up wait. I'm required to have 3 nutrition classes, Pysch Eval, Nicotine Test/Labs, 1 year weight history, PCP clearance. So far I've I have had 1 nutrition class (second scheduled for the 24th), blood work, and my pysch eval. March 6th I will see my PCP to get clearance, weight history, and Nicotine Test. My final nutrition class will be March 23rd. Then they'll submit everything for insurance approval. After that my doctor requires an EGD but doesn't schedule that until insurance is approved. After the EGD is done I can schedule surgery. I wish there was a way I could speed up the process... that doesn't include me being cash pay (haha). I'm looking at a April or Early May surgery date. Sorry for my rambling...

Hang in there you will get to surgery room shortly

27 minutes ago, Paula-Doing-it-for-My Girls said:

Hello All! My first post here... I'm currently in the process of getting all my requirements for my insurance. (FEP BCBS). I'm really antsy trying to get it all together. I feel like I should be doing more... It's just a lot of hurry up wait. I'm required to have 3 nutrition classes, Pysch Eval, Nicotine Test/Labs, 1 year weight history, PCP clearance. So far I've I have had 1 nutrition class (second scheduled for the 24th), blood work, and my pysch eval. March 6th I will see my PCP to get clearance, weight history, and Nicotine Test. My final nutrition class will be March 23rd. Then they'll submit everything for insurance approval. After that my doctor requires an EGD but doesn't schedule that until insurance is approved. After the EGD is done I can schedule surgery. I wish there was a way I could speed up the process... that doesn't include me being cash pay (haha). I'm looking at a April or Early May surgery date. Sorry for my rambling...

oh I get it ..I was there some months ago and now i'm three months out and loving my sleeve . just hang in there and stay on this forum . I was on this forum three months before my surgery learning all kinds of things that has helped me get and keep my head in the game. I suggest you do the same. I was on it eight hours a day ( thank God for my easy desk job) so I spent much time on here . just learn and absorb all you can . start eating differently ,changing habits NOW it is not too early. You will be glad you did ..Good luck and hang in there . Time goes fast.... congratulations on your decision …..

Hang in there and in the meantime do as much reading from these boards as possible and take notes... the more you read and see what others are going through the better prepared and know how to handle what happens in your case. Not everything will happen but some things will and you will know the why behind it and know how to handle or what you may need to do to change it ( if its something that can be changed) for going forward. Good Luck on your Journey!

Thank you guys for the encouragement. I read and study this board basically all day! It really is a great way to learn and see how things are for others.

We've all been through it. They want to ensure we're healthy and ready for this commitment to a new lifestyle. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

I agree with the above posters. One other thing is to apply what you learn in your pre-op classes. Start tracking your food. Work on eating your Protein first. Don't drink 30 minutes before and after eating. Work on taking small bites and chewing thoroughly. Set your silverware down between bites. If you can develop good habits prior to surgery, it should be easier after surgery to continue them.