Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fairlife is awesome!

On 3/1/2020 at 9:31 PM, lisafrommassachusetts said:

My nutritionist warned about the Core shakes because of the 26g of sugar. However, the milk has more Protein, more Calcium and less sugar than regular milk, and I like the taste. She had no problems with the milk. I use the 1%, and I use it to make cream of wheat, and I have also made a Protein Shake with Iconic Protein Powder.

The Fairlife Core Power Protein Drink I buy has 42g of protein and only list 9g carbs and 7g of total sugar. Even their Protein Drinks that have 30mg protein only list 4g carbs and 2g of sugar. Am I missing something?

I was having trouble drinking premier and ensure shake after my surgery, they were too think and I really needed to try and reach my Protein goals. My dietician actually recommended these shakes and I love them. They are thin enough that they don't bother me and I don't need to take as long to drink them as the pureed food I need to eat.

I have a power core 26g in the morning for Breakfast and then my lunch is tuna with lite mayo and my dinner is egg beaters. Fairlife Power Core is the best thing that has happened to my diet so far. I buy them in bulk from Amazon. I have tried chocolate, vanilla, banana, and strawberry Banana. I love them all.

Yep! Just received my 42g ultra Protein yesterday! My friend who had gastric sleeve let me know about them after surgery. I never did like Premier Protein except for with coffee. It has a weird after taste to me.

Edited:

I don’t know which you are drinking but my ultras have only 7g of sugar.  And the 26g of Protein only have 5.

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

In reference to @ANewJourneyAwaits's post above, it says it has sugar, however you all should be advised that it's not added sugar. It's just from the dairy Protein in it. You honestly get more sugar from drinking straight skim milk.

I have been LOVING Fairlife 30g Protein chocolate shakes. I'm 7 weeks post-op and these have been a life-saver. I'll stick with them forever, I think. I can't drink Premier Protein (I feel like they're so full of a chemical taste that I can't stomach them). I get my Fairlife nutrition plan drinks at costco. My nutritionist approves of them wholeheartedly, above Premier Protein.

https://www.costco.com/fairlife-nutrition-plan%2C-30g-protein-shake%2C-chocolate%2C-11.5-oz%2C-18-count.product.100727293.html

Tip: Get flavored baking extracts and add them to the shake with ice. Everything from banana to almond to peppermint, it's fantastic.