Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A dog Named Boo! Newbie Public Service Message

I am seeing a trend towards new people asking the same fears that a ton of us had! I am only 8 Months out the exact age of the puppy in the picture! he is getting bigger and i have gotten smaller! Here is my view on the main things i see in here on a daily basis

a. Nobody can say if you keep going the way you currently are you will live a happy disease free life! So jump on the journey or enjoy your disease filled short lived life ending up in a coffin early and missing out on grand kids, spouse, etc time

b. Mind over matter! The mind is a wicked tool and can be a wicked enemy, Find something to ride this journey out with - Mine was this dog, Yours kid be a spouse friend or a pet. Do not let you mind whip your ass! Get control of it and the surgery is a tool - You have to run the workshop!

c. DO not panic and do not fear, So you lost only 2 pounds this week that is 104 pounds a year! Yea like you could do that without WLS.

D. IgNore the haters and negative from others, This is your journey and stupid people do stupid things so just become ICE b***h!

e. No two of us are the same, So you need to adjust your Vitamins and minerals and diets to your body! you also have to move and work out - it really helps the plan

I am asking the wizards in here to add on the advice and help - Getting the same posts over and over and I agree i was uneducated and crashed big time, Feel free to read back to my crash post

ALSO DO NOT BUY A PUPPY UNLESS YOU REALIZE IT IS LIKING HAVE A BABY AGAIN ON MONSTER DRINKS! A special thanks goes out to WInston for beating me and making me move for the last 8 months - a tool to my success! Given to my by my girlfriend and kids

Dog named boo.jpg

Edited by AJ Tylo

Good post. Take care.

Such a cute dog!! And great advice!!! I look forward to reading this thread!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using BariatricPal mobile app

Great post even though I am a newbie. You nailed it with your post as each of us are in charge of our own journey to better health and quality of life. I like straight shooters who say it like it is as you have. So please keep posting even though you’ve reached your goal weight. I’m going to follow you as you have inspired me with your weight loss. Congratulations!

Edited by iwillbethin169
Typos

4 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

I am seeing a trend towards new people asking the same fears that a ton of us had....

I am thinking this is due to the boatloads of miss-information provided by (unfortunately...) the professionals we depend on and our health insurance companies where it seems surgical pre-approval policy is always a moving target.

I am thankful there are people who have already ridden the WLS roller coaster (or are still waiting in line....) and then take the time and effort to share their experiences, good and bad.

Cute puppy!

Well put Sir!