Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day!

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm in at 7:15 and will be in the OR at 9am. I had 3 c-sections and my last turned into an emergency hysterectomy so I'm familiar to recovering from surgery. I'm still super nervous because it's still an operation...I'm taking a week off of work and I'm reading a lot (too much is what my hubby would say) just to know what to expect. I really want to make sure I recover well. Aside from all the wonderful posts I've read here, I found Dr. Vong on YouTube who has made some very informative videos.

I have struggled with my weight since 2012. At that point I was working out and getting on track which off course meant that the next logical step was to get pregnant with child #2. Child #3 followed in 2016 and I haven't been the same again. I'd diet for months, lose 10 pounds which would come back with more once life took over. I began a new job in 2019 and someone told me about their VSG experience. I immediately made an appt with their surgeon. I initially thought well this means I can eat however I want since it will all be over. I put up a few pounds and felt like crap. 12/28 I woke up and decided I needed to prep for surgery. I also felt like if it went well, I would reconsider the surgery. I have been on a low carb IF plan since then. I found it easy to stick too especially because I knew this would be my new normal. I met with members in support group and decided to go ahead with the surgery. All was great, then it was time for the liquid diet and honestly I've cheated here and there. I was 75% on point. I'd have great days and then an off moment. I kept waiting for that moment where I wouldn't be hungry anymore. It's never come. I do realize that I should have made a plan for this with time frames for my broth and Jello. I'd get busy at work and then try to catch up on shakes...so lesson learned. I have plugged in time frames into my calendar which will send me alerts for liquids for the next three weeks. I have the containers ready so I always have my portioned liquids with me no matter what.

I have my bag packed for tomorrow with the essentials and aside from reading, lol, I'm relaxing with my kids and my broth...

Good luck!

Good luck, and congratulations! This will be the best thing you've ever could have done for your health. ❤️

Wish you a quick recovery! ❤️

Good Luck today!!

Good luck! I hope everything goes well today! ❤️

Sending you all Wonderful vibes this morning!🌟

Wow, I'm late to the party as usual...by the time you read this you will be with us on the other side! Now walk, walk and walk some more--it'll help you get rid of that gas pain. SIP your Water, and don't be surprised at how difficult it is. Be patient with yourself--it WILL get better, I promise!

So excited for you.....you got this...let us know how you are doing please

Good luck

Thanks everyone! I am really thankful for all of the well wishes. So it was tougher than expected. I heard of people who went to the gym the next day. I've spent the last two days sleeping or walking. I am home now, I only spent one night at the hospital and made it home by 2pm today. I picked up a ton of meds and am sipping Water every chance I get and taking little walks around the house. The dr also had to correct a hiatial hernia so I'm super sore. I was 5 pounds heavier weighing in at the hospital because of the liquids.

3 minutes ago, GinaFigz said:

Thanks everyone! I am really thankful for all of the well wishes. So it was tougher than expected. I heard of people who went to the gym the next day. I've spent the last two days sleeping or walking. I am home now, I only spent one night at the hospital and made it home by 2pm today. I picked up a ton of meds and am sipping Water every chance I get and taking little walks around the house. The dr also had to correct a hiatial hernia so I'm super sore. I was 5 pounds heavier weighing in at the hospital because of the liquids.

Glad you are home and doing ok! The first few days are rough, and I did not have the extra shock of hernia repair. I can't imagine going to the gym after surgery, lol. My worst day was the Thursday after my Monday surgery; I think it was because I was not hydrated. As they say, Water and Clear Liquids before you worry about protein! The drinking really does get easier as the days go on. Good luck, sip, sip, sip, walk, walk, sip....and keep us posted!

I am sipping and dealing with the pain. We ran out of oil and got a quick delivery so I can shower now and I’m hoping that revitalizes me a bit. I decided to weigh myself thinking I’d be carrying liquid weight but I’m 198. Onederland was a big goal so that’s also helping me mentally cuz I’ve had a few “what did I do??? Moments. Not being able to take Water is tripping me up. I still enjoy the taste but it feels crazy going down. No nausea so I’m glad about that. I also have a 3 and 7 year old who I have to remind not to run into me or play next to me. My stomach used to be their padding and comfort so they don’t get what I did but soon we will have full hugs. Sorry if it sounds random but sharing incase it helps others.