Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will be 2 months post op tomorrow, and I still can't shake this fatigue! It's getting better (1-2 naps per week instead of every day), but even when I'm not napping, I just want to lay down and rest. About half way through my shower I need to sit for a minute and take a little rest. I feel guilty b/c I haven't been keeping up with cleaning the house, laundry, etc, but I'm just so tired all the time. I want my energy back!

How long did it take until you were completely fatigue-free?

It will come back. .anyday now :) Each person is different so just do what you can and before you realize it you will be more energetic than you have ever felt

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

I will be 2 months post op tomorrow, and I still can't shake this fatigue! It's getting better (1-2 naps per week instead of every day), but even when I'm not napping, I just want to lay down and rest. About half way through my shower I need to sit for a minute and take a little rest. I feel guilty b/c I haven't been keeping up with cleaning the house, laundry, etc, but I'm just so tired all the time. I want my energy back!

How long did it take until you were completely fatigue-free?

Well I've heard that people need to keep up with their Protein levels to keep level with your energy needs. So just make sure you're getting in that protein and Water so you're not overexerting. Are you sleeping enough at night? IDK I haven't had much fatigue per say, when I need to sit down it's because I'm really sore and feeling pain from my incision areas. Are you getting enough Vitamins like D. I was D deficient before surgery so I still take extra in a sublingual (melt on your tongue 👅) pill daily. Maybe also talk to you doctor maybe get some blood testing.

Good Luck 🍀 hoping you figure something out.

How much Protein are you getting daily? I just had my one month checkup and the nutritionist recommended I up my protein daily since I was getting fatigued later in the day. She recommended 80 grams daily for me. I had been doing 60 to 70 grams daily.

Just now, Uomograsso said:

How much Protein are you getting daily? I just had my one month checkup and the nutritionist recommended I up my Protein daily since I was getting fatigued later in the day. She recommended 80 grams daily for me. I had been doing 60 to 70 grams daily.

I'm currently shooting for between 70-90 grams myself. But I mix extra in with one of my morning Soups so that I get a great big boost early on. My morning Soup has 40 grams in it with extra scoop of protein added to it. My body thrives on protein though, since I was Keto 18 months prior to surgery. I know we're all different.

I think it was about two months for me - so you should be feeling back to normal pretty soon..

Thanks everyone!! I'm going to try to increase my Protein. My nutritionist told me not to worry about it too much the first 2 months, but I hit 2 months tomorrow, and really need to start concentrating on it!

I've had 60 grams so far today, and am going to work harder to hit 80 grams per day from here on out.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Im 5 months post op. I still have this problem from time to time. At times I cant sleep at all and others All i do is sleep. I tried it all intaking more Protein till i went in for blood work and found out i have a really bad Iron deficiency and my hemoglobins are really low as well. I advice anyone with this to continue getting blood work even after the 3 month check up because I was literally forcing myself to eat more to see if i boosted my energy and none of it was working now is that i'm getting a little more because we are targeting the problem.