Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go to meal

I struggle with meal prep, food logs, etc. I’m either lazy or not that organized. Sometimes I fall into the trap of just not eating one day if I don’t know what to eat. I drink Protein and get my fluids in. It’s just the extra real food that I struggle with. I can’t really tolerate chicken etc just yet. Do you have a easy go to meal for when all else fails?

slow cooked meals. .it allows me to get more then Protein in because if i make normal meals i can never get past the protein for some reason even at 15 months out.

Early on I ate 1/4 to 1/3 cup of refried Beans (canned organic) with some cheese sprinkled. Just microwave it to melt the cheese.

Beans for sure Are my go to - Re fried rolled in a light tortilla

I keep a container of cooked quinoa in the fridge, along with hummus and other toppings to make quinoa bowls. It's a nice soft consistency that goes down nice, and I can make it as spicy as I want, depending on the sauces and mix ins I add to it.

I keep yogurt packed in my fridge. It's really the easiest grab-and-go that I have. tuna is also a staple for me. I just add a little mayo, Sriracha, and lemon juice when I'm ready to eat! Yum!

I’m still not tolerating meats well (edit not really at all with exception of shrimp which I really shouldn’t be eating, (thankfully my allergy isn’t anaphylaxis at this point) and sashimi salmon, and Applegate turkey sausage didn’t go down too bad as long as it’s mixed with egg or something ...)

and I have very little energy for meal prep (more like none) due to chronic illness. I buy certain things and then plan based on what’s available in my fridge or freezer. But keep some basics sometimes on rotation depending on what’s on sale or what I can get, though I always have PEScience Protein Powder.

im pretty basic. Breakfast now is usually a 1/2 soft Protein Bar or whole depending on my meal plan for the day and the Protein bar. And a cup of tea.

Edit: I found a protein bar called built that s 110 calories and 15 grams protein protein. It tastes like a candy bar. Either that or half a BariatricPal fluffy vanilla protein bar. I like yogi tea for breakfast. Healthy skin vanilla tea is good. And sometimes the caramel apple spice slim life tea.

lunch Is my main meal and more variety but I might have for example a 2.5 ounce Boca turky veggie burger with one Egglands Best egg on top. Or I’ve made a BariatricPal pancake with cooked cut up veggie sausage. or occasionally a dr. Praeger’s black bean chipotle pollock burger with BariatricPal protein mashed potato. Just some simple frozen foods that are the right portion size and easy to put in a pan and heat up.

my dinner tends to be Fage total zero Greek yogurt sometimes mixed with protein powder. Or two good yogurt with protein powder. Or good culture cottage cheese. I do sometimes have a small piece of banana and a little sugar free Syrup. And some sugar free land o lakes whipped topping ...

when I can’t stomach much the yogurt, PEScience, good culture cottage cheese, help. Also BariatricPal protein pancakes, Soups, mashed potato, Protein Shots, protein juice, protein pudding.

Edited by Darktowerdream

Put me on the refried Beans with cheese list! Yummy, quick and easy--just open a can. Fiber and Protein, and no animals were harmed in the making of this meal!☺️

Chili. I love me some chili.

A chicken thigh or 1-2 small wings and a veggie medley (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix) I find to be an easy go to meal. Close 2nd would be the same veggie mix but with a small piece of pork tenderloin.

I'm onto soft food now.

I'm tolerating greek yoghurt, Beans, chicken noodle Soup, soft bran flakes/porridge and cheesy mash with gravy 😊

Edited by Sabs211