Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I'm drinking a ton of Water but sometimes I have to go every few minutes and I'm scared I'm going to get dehydrated. Has anyone else experienced this?

Every once in a while I go through the same thing but its usually my body flushing out extra Fluid build up

It maybe temporary for you but to be safe you *could* add electrolytes to your Water, stay within recommended amounts of fluids (64-100oz is usually plenty) and talk to your physicians if you think there may be another medical culprit

Good Luck 🌈

Thanks

It's a good thing; it means your kidneys are working well. Keep sipping, sipping, sipping all day long.

Watch the color of your urine . If it is close to being clear, you are very well hydrated and getting rid of excess Water. Yellow like lemonade and you are hydrated. Dark yellowish brown like apple juice and you are beginning to get dehydrated so you should increase your water intake.

This isn’t unusual. Just annoying. Even going every 15/30 mins. It will eventually settle as your body gets used to the increased Fluid intake but you’ll still have times when you feel like you’re living in the bathroom. It usually happens to me at night unfortunately.

@arabesque

It doesn't do it to me all the time. Mainly when I lay down to take a nap OR like you said...at night.

I get this all the time, unfortunately, because I'm on diuretics right now. I know my "pee" pills are working if I'm in the bathroom every 10-20 minutes for a couple of hours. I really hope to get rid of these post-surgery!

You are still peeing out all of the IV fluids from your surgery!! Enjoy it, and enjoy the weight loss that comes with each pee! LOL!!

@machalo I'm sure you will be taken off Fluid pills. I was because you could get dehydrated very easy

Thanks @Chas74! I sure hope you are correct! These pills are a pest; always having to know where the next bathroom is no matter where you are going.

How is your recuperation going? I see you got sleeved a week ago. Congratulations!

@machalo it's going pretty good. This weekend was kinda tough because I'm used to eating good on the weekend plus being off work and bored is killing me cause I want to eat but I haven't had anything I'm not suppose to. I have my follow up tomorrow and then I go back to work Wednesday.

I hope everything goes well in your follow-up tomorrow and that work on Wednesday isn't exhausting.

@machalo thanks, I hope work goes well too. I'm ready to go back.

It is common as those above have said... but also be mindful of symptoms of a Urinary Tract Infection. frequency is one symptom, but others are pain or burning with urination and possibly cloudy urine (among others). If you suspect a UTI, see a doctor!