Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advanced Post-op Diet too quickly. scared

Hello so i had my gastric bypass surgery on 2/5/2020 and today 2/14/2020 i ate Soup with noodles. I only had 3 bites but i am terrified. I dont know why i did it i know i shouldnt have and im scared of what will happen. I dont want my stomach to leak and i dont want to get sick. My tummy feels fine-ish ive been having a numb feeling on it but besides that i dont know what to do. I am super ashamed and scared.

It sounds like you got away with it, just don't do it again. The hardest part of this surgery is how very mindful you must be of how and what you eat. You should be fine, but stick to your plan!

1 hour ago, APG said:

Hello so i had my gastric bypass surgery on 2/5/2020 and today 2/14/2020 i ate Soup with noodles. I only had 3 bites but i am terrified. I dont know why i did it i know i shouldnt have and im scared of what will happen. I dont want my stomach to leak and i dont want to get sick. My tummy feels fine-ish ive been having a numb feeling on it but besides that i dont know what to do. I am super ashamed and scared.

I had my sleeve on 2/10 so I empathize with how hard this post op diet is. It sounds like you are really concerned, so maybe reach out to your surgeon's office and see if there are any signs you should be on the look out for. You will feel better and be able to put this behind you. Don't keep beating yourself up!

If you didn't experience any discomfort you are probably OK. Soups are slider foods. That means they slide through your pouch quickly.

I had surgery same day as you and have had to be creative on meals; Proteins drinks; egg drop Soup (minus MOST of the egg drop) I just use a small spoon and chew it; 4 bites in and I'm good. I've also had a bit of homemade Tomato Soup and its been like heaven! We just flash peel the tomatoes first as to not have the skin..

Hang in there and don't be so hard on yourself! We got this!