Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Robotic sleeve surgery

20 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Not sure I was asleep but sent a picture of my Doc!

R2d2.jpg

😂 dead

On 2/12/2020 at 5:46 PM, Tiredmimi said:

Mine is the 27th. Keep me posted if you can! Mine is in Nashville TN !

It went perfectly! 6 tiny incisions only pain is the gas pain so far. Home already relaxing and sipping!

13 minutes ago, Tiredmimi said:

That is great! I hope it is smooth sailing from here! We got this!🙏

Lol not gonna lie at first I scolded myself for doing it. The first 24 hours are the worst, then this morning all those feelings went away! Ask for a binder it will greatly help!

My surgery was robotically assisted. I was thrilled when I found out - more “arms” able to work, better visibility by the doctor, and let’s face it, human arms are pretty dang fallible. Everything went great - no complications.

The first week post-op was rough, but that’s just because it’s major surgery.

Any robotic assisted surgeries are much better than not using it. I'm a nurse who has cared for patients with much better recoveries after robotic surgery. So when my doctor said he would do my sleeve with the robot I was thrilled! I had no issues postop and very little pain.

Mine went very well. I ended up having a huge Hiatal hernia that had to be repaired and surgery lasted 4 hours. 2 hours more than expected. Even with that happening I feel very little pain in the abdomen area. My biggest issue is I had my surgery on Thursday 2/27 and still have a lot of gas pain.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:56 PM, Tiredmimi said:

Anyone had the sleeve surgery done robotically? My surgeon called today and ask if I would be ok with him doing it robotically. He said it is more precise and gives him a much better view and recovery most likely will be easier! I said ok, but just wondering if anyone else has had it that way?

Hey there! I am sorry that I am so late to this post. I did have the sleeve surgery done robotically. I really think that my incisions are much smaller than people who did not get the surgery robotically. With regard to recovery, I can't really say if my recovery was easier based on having robotic surgery. I can say that it does give the surgeon a better range of motion and decreases the risk of organ trauma.

You will do great! I ended up having a 4 hour surgery instead of 2 because I had a huge hernia that we did not know about. That being said I got right off the table when they brought me to my room from recovery and sat in a chair instead of getting in the bed, put my pajamas on, and was walking within an hour! My recovery has been great. The only real pain I had at all was the gas pain from the CO2 they put in. That lasted a few days and was pretty bad but that was it! No problem drinking Water, no nausea ect. I really think the robotic surgery is the way to go and a much easier recovery!

Mine was done robotically on 2/14 and went really well. My incisions looked way smaller than I thought they would. I’m 4 weeks out now and 3 out of the 5 incisions are all healed and look like little scratches. Only the two bigger ones are left and even they look good.

Good luck with your surgery! You’ll do great!

I’m so glad you’re doing well! I’m just worried now they’re going to postpone it. I’ll find out tomorrow.

I had robotically assisted surgery on 3/11. Went great. Pain much less than I expected. I would recommend to anyone to seek out a surgeon that uses this technique.