Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5wks post op, eating too much?

Im on soft foods stage right now and I just ate two hard boiled eggs, about 15 mins apart but still i feel like thats way too much since 2 eggs is about 4 oz.

My stomach doesn't hurt. But i feel that full feeling in my chest now. Maybe I'm freaking out but did I damage my pouch? Can my stomach burst?

Thankfully your stomach doesn't hurt but the fullness in your chest is probably bad enough.

The one ounce pouch thing has me confused as well, so I hope someone with more experience has an answer for us!

Following

Im on soft foods stage right now and I just ate two hard boiled eggs, about 15 mins apart but still i feel like thats way too much since 2 eggs is about 4 oz.
My stomach doesn't hurt. But i feel that full feeling in my chest now. Maybe I'm freaking out but did I damage my pouch? Can my stomach burst?

You're fine don't worry!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I would really avoid eating more than what your doctor has recommended. I don't think your pouch is going to burst, but you will end up stretching out your pouch way sooner than intended. After all, we have a reason as to why we are getting or have had this surgery, so lets use the tools given to us for as long as possible! :)

You’ll be ok but don’t make this the norm. Eat slowly so you get the message you’re getting full before you hit the ohh I ate too much tightness point. Mindful eating is key. Don’t be afraid to take 20, 30+ mins to eat your 1/4 cup/1oz of food & don’t worry if you don’t eat all of it.

Your tummy is still healing so you don’t want to put stress on it by eating large serves or the wrong foods as you work thru the stages.

Small portions are your new normal. (Check out the before & after food pxt thread. I found it reassuring through the process & when I reached the maintenance stage.)

Think about why you ate the second egg (though an excellent source of protein). Were you really hungry or just head hungry? Use this time while losing weight to think about why you eat & what you want to eat vs if you need to eat. The head work is important.

Good luck 🙂

Don't chase the full feeling. This was a learning opp for you. The fullness in your chest is cuz of the pressure of your pouch and it may have backed up into your esophagus. Early out you CAN really injure yourself this way and bust a staple. Big time lean and big time Billy Bad Ass problem if you do that.

Eat ONLY to your prescription and follow your doc's plan. If necessary ask the doc or RD HOW MUCH VOLUME you should be eating at one meal. Have 6-8 mini meals.

At this time, I think I had 1/8c-1/4c volume limit? That is essentially a half to 1 egg.