Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

I agree to embrace any hunger free time frames you have. It is unlikely to last long term. So you can minimize your cals at this time and ramp up your weight loss.

I don't think there are any short term issues with missing your Protein goals, but longer term it very well might be.

I second the suggestion of Protein H2O, it doesn't have that weird protein flavor to it.

I became whey intolerant for a while post op, so I had to try out a lot of different Protein Shakes and powders. My favorite was Medifast Dutch chocolate shake blended with Fairlife and ice. If you use 1.5 cups of milk, the shake comes out to 33 g of protein, so a nice boost for the day. It's ridiculously overpriced and the autoship program is scammy, but at least I didn't dread drinking it!

I’ve tried protein Water as well and it’s worse. Tastes like medicine to me. I’ll try mixing a milk one with coffee and see if that does it but I think no matter how I cover up the taste I will still throw it up because they just all make me feel so sick.

2 minutes ago, MarvelGirl25 said:

I’ve tried Protein Water as well and it’s worse. Tastes like medicine to me. I’ll try mixing a milk one with coffee and see if that does it but I think no matter how I cover up the taste I will still throw it up because they just all make me feel so sick.

Is this the one you tried?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Protein2o-Protein-Infused-Water-Variety-Pack-15g-Protein-12-Ct/54393878

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Yes I’ve tried that one and this one too:

454EA5C8-11F9-4BB8-9FC4-FE9F451CF236.jpeg

Just now, MarvelGirl25 said:

Yes I’ve tried that one and this one too:

454EA5C8-11F9-4BB8-9FC4-FE9F451CF236.jpeg

Ok, bummer, because I hated other brands of Protein Water, but did like the Protein20

The answer lies in dilution, pure and simple. Also in changing your mindset. Self-fulfilling prophecy is a real thing. CHANGE your tape. CHANGE your game. Dilute the **** outta it and either make it super ice cold or super warm-ish...you can DO this!

Hell, make a Protein 1 minute cake if you have to. Eat it as a protein pudding mixed with sf instant pudding and some Peanut Butter or almond butter. Hide it in a piece of cheese...get creative. LOL.

Can you maybe try switching up what you eat completely? Is it boredom? How about trying Vegan for a bit. I lost my appetite for a lot of foods (except bad things, of course) so I decided to get some books by the Bosh! guys and cook mostly vegan - at least from scratch and then add an egg or cheese here and there.

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

The answer lies in dilution, pure and simple. Also in changing your mindset. Self-fulfilling prophecy is a real thing. CHANGE your tape. CHANGE your game. Dilute the **** outta it and either make it super ice cold or super warm-ish...you can DO this!

Hell, make a Protein 1 minute cake if you have to. Eat it as a Protein pudding mixed with sf instant pudding and some Peanut Butter or almond butter. Hide it in a piece of cheese...get creative. LOL.

I tried diluting the waters too but it doesn't help..... well it helps the taste but it still makes me sick. There must be something in these Protein Drinks that my body is rejecting. I havent tried diluting the milks or baking the protein so Im still willing to give that a shot IF I continue to go on an eating strike.

I have no problem consuming something I don't like if its beneficial to me. Heck, Ill force whatever it is down if my health is at risk but theres no point forcing something down when my body continues to reject it.

But like you, Im a full believer in changing ones mindset! Thanks for the reminder :)

You know you could be lactose intolerant hon!!!

17 minutes ago, froufrou said:

Can you maybe try switching up what you eat completely? Is it boredom? How about trying Vegan for a bit. I lost my appetite for a lot of foods (except bad things, of course) so I decided to get some books by the Bosh! guys and cook mostly vegan - at least from scratch and then add an egg or cheese here and there.

I don't think its bored but maybe I could use a change. Ironically last night I was watching YouTube videos about the vegan diet. A couple years ago I was a vegetarian but it only lasted a year before I caved.

How long have you been vegan? Has it been tough after wls?

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You know you could be lactose intolerant hon!!!

Ive been drinking regular milk pre and post op almost every day and Ive been fine... lol im really wondering what it could be though.

Ive read other people experiencing the same issue.

Ok try this!!

2oz nf plain grk yogurt

6oz ff fairlife milk

1oz baby spinach

1oz frozen blueberries

liquid vanilla stevia to taste

ice

blend til smooth.

you can also add 1oz avocado or frozen nana. But if u add nana, add more spinach! 😋

see if that either wakes ur appetite or if you can tolerate this! If you can tolerate it, then u can also add a pasteurized whole egg for more and better protein!!

9 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok try this!!

2oz nf plain grk yogurt

6oz ff fairlife milk

1oz baby spinach

1oz frozen blueberries

liquid vanilla stevia to taste

ice

blend til smooth.

you can also add 1oz avocado or frozen nana. But if u add nana, add more spinach! 😋

see if that either wakes ur appetite or if you can tolerate this! If you can tolerate it, then u can also add a pasteurized whole egg for more and better protein!!

Oooo this sounds good! I’ll give it a try! Thanks! 👍🏼

Please report how it goes!!! You can also do ff fairlife mulk and sugar free hersheys Syrup and pasteurized egg for a creamt dreamy egg cream. Even add a tsp of sf choco puddin mix!

On 02/12/2020 at 16:32, MarvelGirl25 said:

I don't think its bored but maybe I could use a change. Ironically last night I was watching YouTube videos about the vegan diet. A couple years ago I was a vegetarian but it only lasted a year before I caved.

How long have you been vegan? Has it been tough after wls?

It hasn’t been hard at all. I’m vegetarian - have been for 49 years, so the switch is not that hard and I do add a bit of dairy here and there. It actually forces me to be a better vegetarian because I’m cooking from scratch and a lot of the recipes I use are well balanced.

I was finding I was getting really bored of the food that I had in my freezer, so I was reaching for quick easy things like carry Snacks because I just didn’t fancy what was on offer.

@FluffyChix Ill take a pic once I make it! I have everything in the fridge except the yogurt.