Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I finally got approved after Cigna denied initially! I am sooo excited and nervous at the same time. I call tomorrow to get scheduled and if all goes well I will have my surgery February 24th! I went and bought my stuff to start my 2 week liquid PRE-OP diet tomorrow! I am literally eating everything this weekend I can knowing it will be a long time until I eat again and hopefully never a lot! I am grateful for this forum. I feel so much more educated than I would have been had I not been able to read everyone's experience. I will keep you updated going forward. It has been a little over 2 weeks since they denied and since then my physicians office did an appeal and a peer to peer, so I am thankful! I started the process in November(actually thought about it for a year)

Yay! Come join us on the other side...😁

Congratulations!!

Congrats! 🎉 🎊 I got approved last week myself. Just waiting for it to be officially scheduled. Already on my liquid diet, phew that's been tough!

Congratulations! I was denied last week - I have GHI in New York. MY BMI was 38.9 which was wrong. This time, I am going to "help" the nurse to calculate the BMI. I am told that they barely know the formula. They just punch in the numbers and then expect the BMI figure to "appear".

Today, I am going in to be weighed again as part of my doctor's "peer-to-peer" or doc-to-doc process which is something that is supposed to happen before making a formal appeal.

I hope to be like you with an initial denial but then a positive outcome in the end.

Congrats! And enjoy your food funeral... but don't go TOO crazy with it!

Congratulations on your approval! Isn't it exciting?! I felt like I won the lottery. I've had to cool my jets for a month while I wait for the surgeon to have a pre-op opening so I won't get a date until the 27th of February. I'm looking forward to that day as well. Best wishes on getting your surgery done this month!

I am actually scheduled the 27th. I was scheduled for the 24th but the surgeon called and ask if he could do mine robotically on the 27th, so I changed it!

Congrats! I was super excited to get my date. I wonder if the robotic procedure is faster or safer?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, stricksleeved said:

Congratulations! I was denied last week - I have GHI in New York. MY BMI was 38.9 which was wrong. This time, I am going to "help" the nurse to calculate the BMI. I am told that they barely know the formula. They just punch in the numbers and then expect the BMI figure to "appear".

Today, I am going in to be weighed again as part of my doctor's "peer-to-peer" or doc-to-doc process which is something that is supposed to happen before making a formal appeal.

I hope to be like you with an initial denial but then a positive outcome in the end.

I am in New York City as well with GHI. Smh...wish I would have stuck with HIP

When I went in, I found out that my bariatric center’s scale is off by three quarters of one pound. I guess if you are on the other side, that is good.

My new BMI IS 40.11, and this new BMI is what the doctor will use to argue his case for me. He is out this week on vacation, and so I’m not sure if he or someone else in the group will do the peer-to-peer.

Wanting this step to be done already.

I am so sorry you were denied. Hopefully with the peer to peer that will do it. It did for me. I am in Tennessee! I felt so hopeless when I seen denied but just try and be patient, because hopefully it will probably get approved in the end. It held mine up a little longer but it came through. I really think they deny people and hope you will just say well ok. You have to be willing to fight which I was. I met the requirements listed under my plan so i was not going to take no for an answer to easy!

1 hour ago, Slimmy-mommeee said:

Congrats! I was super excited to get my date. I wonder if the robotic procedure is faster or safer?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I think it will be easier and more precise from what I understand. Wishing you nothing but sweet dreams, easy recovery, and a new you!