Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help im lost. Stage 3

1 minute ago, epicdreams2020 said:

Thanks! I will definitely try the greek yogurt. I have tried using only the whites or diluting them with egg whites. For some reason they come right back up.

Do you only spray a non-stick skillet with olive oil spray? Or do you use lots of butter or oil in them? How hard do you cook them?

20 minutes ago, epicdreams2020 said:

I would reiterate what everyone has said about sticking to your doctor's plan. I am almost 3 months out and what I think I can eat and am actually able to handle are two different things. Everyone heals differently and I am still struggling with Stage 3. Even the foods that you think are soft enough do not work well. I used to love eggs but still have a hard time with them and most meat.

My stage 3 was a lot like stage 2 as I absolutely didn't want to get sick. A lot of people have issues with eggs, still, after 6 months I haven't had them. I did 2 containers of Ensure Max one am and one pm. I also did tuna in the packet 2.5oz and added olive oil and Italian seasonings. Also the 4 oz cup of cottage cheese with olive oil and Italian seasonings. I was very slow to add soft foods and was still adding at 8 weeks. Cream of chicken Soup a fav. If you do the Protein Drinks you have your 60 g of Protein. Just take it slow and go at your pace. Outshine no sugar added pop cycles were the best treats. listen to your body and take it at a speed that you are comfortable. If it takes you longer that is ok.

I moved to purees week 2, soft foods week 3 and could add in other foods at week 4. By week 6 I was cleared to eat anything I wanted. It's weird how every doctor is different. I am 10 weeks out and eat all sorts of things. I haven't had steak or pork chops or anything that seems tough. I have had some lettuce, but not a full salad. It's all been fine. eggs are a go to for me. I even do boiled eggs for Breakfast. Or let me say ONE boiled egg LOL. If I can even get the whole thing down before I'm full 😂

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Do you only spray a non-stick skillet with olive oil spray? Or do you use lots of butter or oil in them? How hard do you cook them?

Definitely nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. I cannot handle anything greasy. I have tried them both hard and soft scrambled where they came out light and fluffy. My nutritionist recommended blended them but that smell is really off-putting. I can handle almost a whole boiled egg, but not always. I use Protein Shakes and Water, yogurt, low fat cheese, and hummus for Protein. I also add unflavored whey Protein Powder to things to make sure I get enough.

My brain wants to eat, but the experience has become a chore I need to schedule.

14 minutes ago, epicdreams2020 said:

Definitely nonstick skillet with olive oil spray. I cannot handle anything greasy. I have tried them both hard and soft scrambled where they came out light and fluffy. My nutritionist recommended blended them but that smell is really off-putting. I can handle almost a whole boiled egg, but not always. I use Protein Shakes and Water, yogurt, low fat cheese, and hummus for Protein. I also add unflavored whey Protein Powder to things to make sure I get enough.

My brain wants to eat, but the experience has become a chore I need to schedule.

It sounds like you're doing everything right! Sometimes it just takes time! ((hugs)) The head part is the toughest thing to nail. And it's an evolution really. And the early days, should be a chore. :D Negative conditioning/feedback makes learning new habits with food easier. :) Because of how fats made me so sick in the beginning, I now preferentially crave light crisp, fresh foods like salads and lettuce wraps and al dente steamed veggies over dense, heavy, calorie dense foods. :) But it wasn't easy in the beginning. I absolutely scheduled my meals and still do! :D Although now, food is very pleasant again. Embrace this time!