Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year After Surgery 2/20/19

Good job! Way to go!

This is awesome! Congratulations on your success![emoji3]

Fantastic! How's the year been? Anything helpful you care to share to help us new post-ops out?

I'm 4 days today!

Great question, my response...

1. Remember why you had the surgery every day.

2. Stick to the plan

3. If you don't see the weight falling off, don’t sweat it because it will...soon

4. Be discipline and avoid an abundance of sugar and carbs.

5. Read labels if the card and sugar count is high push away from it. Again remember why you had the surgery it will help.

6. Remember, you can lose all the weight and get healthy and go right back to where you started. There are many people who have gained the weight back.

7. Remember, the surgery is just a tool, not a quick fix. You have to put in the work daily.

8. Drink your water!!!

I hope this helps and if you need to call me you are welcome yo do so. imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bbd8bc3022d1b1a

2/20/2020

EDC1D4F9-10AD-4C97-B3BD-B1313287D606.thumb.jpeg.ea6f26f0bcb870604a4791f35c624eff.jpeg

2/20/2019

49E8EBAD-6F13-4134-8F0F-AF206859C7B1.thumb.jpeg.dd7a8782166b5f3ef9a85aeced9e1c96.jpeg

Edited by Mbeasley

You look amazing, congratulations!

Dam girl. I hope I can be as disciplined and look as good. Surgery next month.

You will, my #1 success story is that I remember daily why my doctor choose this route and the words he spoke...without a large amount of weight off in a shorter period of tome my life expectancy was short. I remember those words always and if i choose to go back into my old ways and habits I can expect a shorter life expectancy. #notme!!

You got this, if you beed me just reach out you can call if you need to as well. I am here to support.

2 hours ago, Mbeasley said:

Great question, my response...

1. Remember why you had the surgery every day.

2. Stick to the plan

3. If you don't see the weight falling off, don’t sweat it because it will...soon

4. Be discipline and avoid an abundance of sugar and carbs.

5. Read labels if the card and sugar count is high push away from it. Again remember why you had the surgery it will help.

6. Remember, you can lose all the weight and get healthy and go right back to where you started. There are many people who have gained the weight back.

7. Remember, the surgery is just a tool, not a quick fix. You have to put in the work daily.

8. Drink your water!!!

I hope this helps and if you need to call me you are welcome yo do so. imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bbd8bc3022d1b1a

2/20/2020

EDC1D4F9-10AD-4C97-B3BD-B1313287D606.thumb.jpeg.ea6f26f0bcb870604a4791f35c624eff.jpeg

2/20/2019

49E8EBAD-6F13-4134-8F0F-AF206859C7B1.thumb.jpeg.dd7a8782166b5f3ef9a85aeced9e1c96.jpeg

Omgoodness, you are a superstar! Thank you for sharing!

Gosh you look fantastic. My surgery is tomorrow (!), and I am dealing with my pre-surgery jitters and a bit of hungry, as well. Your words, attitude and PICTURES were what I needed tonight!

Thank you for sharing.

Good deal am glad it helped. The first month is not a joke and the modified diet is not easy. Things you liked before you may still like it but also may not. BUT, your desire for what does mot work for you may come back, it did for me. Call me if you need to talk through a tough period. I am here for you all. My number us 405-417-2538.

You got this!!!!

Thank you so much for this positive post thread! You are definitely an inspiration and I will do my best to follow your advice. I think the best thing of all will be to be in regular sized clothing again, and not have to go to the Plus Sized section, if the store even has one. I don't look at this as an easy fix, because I still have to put in the work to get there, but it will be the lightest I have been in 20 years and THAT is no joke! You look super great, by the way! Way to inspire others!

You are so welcome! I am here to support. I can remember early on saying to myself there is no way i will lose that much weight. It’s hard to image some days early in the process that the weight would cone off, but it does if your if only you stay true to yourself and stick to the journey.

Love your story. I will be two years out July 2nd. I feel great . I am super strict and help others be successful in their journey which helps me! I fear gaining wait every day... I never want to go back! I still ask myself what is my body getting from eating this food ... if the answer is nothing I tend to stay away from it, but I still like to have my salty Snacks occasionally. I just fear going back and I never want to do that. Ever!!!!AC9137F4-51CA-42DE-9FAE-9477133C5EDB.thumb.jpeg.f4c4e1d2bde1cc8f515139fdad5b9990.jpeg DF7BF67D-462E-4C5D-BA56-92C6522EB5F1.thumb.jpeg.f77efc8eb430a2b288383e4c8a6b4409.jpeg