Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 8/6/2020 at 10:57 AM, Duke483 said:

I've had surgery on both cuffs. You'll get through it. Be sure and do your physical therapy. A friend decided it hurt too much to move. His shoulder 'froze up' and he had to have another surgery to 'break it lose'.

Just my experience but I gain weight every time I have surgery. They pump the fluids to you. BTW, I gained over five pounds during my sleeve surgery. It was gone rather quickly.

Same right after surgery because of all the fluids they pump in - I gained weight too but with a week that plus more was gone.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, Mitsu531 said:

Hello All, I've been out of touch as I hurt my shoulder back in Feb. Have been continuing Physical therapy for my broken patella (broke in 1/2 last year June) Finally able to see Dr. about my shoulder in May, had to schedule surgery 7/9. Today is 4 weeks post op on shoulder and 7 months 1 week post op for sleeve surgery. I'm now in a full arm cast for the past 4 weeks....2 more weeks to go(hopefully, Dr. said may need 8 weeks).
I've lost 41 lbs. to date. Been a bit rough with stalls I've had and junk eating during height of covid-19.
My biggest problem is getting my veggies in. I average 40-50g Protein and 40-48 ounces Water a day. Had bloodwork done, my Cholesterol went up!! I've never had high cholesterol! Good news blood sugar went down. Dr. took me off metformin. Soooo happy about that. Since I had my shoulder surgery, had to cancel 6 month post op with stomach Dr. I'm trying to work on getting Cholesterol down before I see him.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

Also, congratulations to everyone who's doing so well. I've read all the posts a b d seems like its going good for all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

It's been 2 weeks, wondering how it's going for you.

Well I am at 7 months out from my surgery now. I think I am on track as I just passed 80 pounds lost mark. hair is starting to thin 🥺 so guess I am going to be one of the stats of people who lost hair. I was hoping it wasn't going to be me, but what else can I do.

My birthday is coming up and I am excited but also it's weird 2020 so not having a big party like normal. All partying will be virtual via zoom.

One thing that has also happened is the shorts I bought 2 months ago at beginning of June are very baggy now and can almost just fall down by themselves- so I've had a super productive summer. Dang that's just crazy. Thrift stores around here aren't open and I wish they were so I could just shop for some properly fitting clothes in the interim sizes.

I've been doing Yoga for the past 13 days every day, it's a 10 minute morning yoga challenge I found on Youtube and I really feel like I'm getting stronger by adding it to my workout routine. I feel like I am also stretching and becoming way more limber than before.

What's new with everyone? How are things going in your journey? Got any new exercise routines you're doing, any new activities?

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! I just wanted to check in and share a personal victory of mine! I have officially made it into the "healthy weight" BMI bracket for the first time in... well pretty much ever! [emoji23] I do need to still work on getting enough Protein and Water (sometimes I just simply forget to drink) but overall I feel much much better than I did before my sleeve, and I'm pretty pumped about fitting into a medium again!! Anyhow, I hope you're all having a great summer!

Sent from my Alcatel_5008R using BariatricPal mobile app

On 8/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, breavsg said:

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! I just wanted to check in and share a personal victory of mine! I have officially made it into the "healthy weight" BMI bracket for the first time in... well pretty much ever! I do need to still work on getting enough Protein and Water (sometimes I just simply forget to drink) but overall I feel much much better than I did before my sleeve, and I'm pretty pumped about fitting into a medium again!! Anyhow, I hope you're all having a great summer!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Keep up the great work! From what I understand very few people get to where you are after the surgery!!! You are an inspiration!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Keep up the great work! From what I understand very few people get to where you are after the surgery!!! You are an inspiration!
Thank you so much! [emoji3531][emoji3531]

On 8/22/2020 at 6:21 PM, breavsg said:

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! I just wanted to check in and share a personal victory of mine! I have officially made it into the "healthy weight" BMI bracket for the first time in... well pretty much ever! I do need to still work on getting enough Protein and Water (sometimes I just simply forget to drink) but overall I feel much much better than I did before my sleeve, and I'm pretty pumped about fitting into a medium again!! Anyhow, I hope you're all having a great summer!

Congrats! That's awesome! I finally broke into the 170s. Those last few pounds in the low 180's took forever, but I am confident about moving forward. I am quite a bit shorter than you, so I think I still have a ways to go to hit that weight victory. Won't give up though!

Congrats! That's awesome! I finally broke into the 170s. Those last few pounds in the low 180's took forever, but I am confident about moving forward. I am quite a bit shorter than you, so I think I still have a ways to go to hit that weight victory. Won't give up though!
Awesome!! Congratulations!! Definitely I think confidence and a positive attitude are key! Do you feel better? Like more energy and just better overall? I'm honestly amazed at the differences I feel in mood and energy compared to before. I'm so happy for all of us. Here's to new beginnings!

16 minutes ago, breavsg said:

Awesome!! Congratulations!! Definitely I think confidence and a positive attitude are key! Do you feel better? Like more energy and just better overall? I'm honestly amazed at the differences I feel in mood and energy compared to before. I'm so happy for all of us. Here's to new beginnings!

Thanks! And yah I feel so much better! Way more confident and definitely more energetic. I'm off my inhaler and exercise isn't torture anymore. It's awesome! Definitely new beginnings to all of us!

Major milestone breakthrough. Weighed 280 on surgery date 20 January. Just busted through 200 pounds. Now 199.2, down over 80 pounds or almost 30% of total body weight.

Congratulations [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]!!!!

On 8/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, PostVSGandKeto said:

Thanks! And yah I feel so much better! Way more confident and definitely more energetic. I'm off my inhaler and exercise isn't torture anymore. It's awesome! Definitely new beginnings to all of us!

Awesome! Congrats

Update I’ve lost 74 pounds since January surgery I’m happy now but my goal another 20 lbs so I need suggestions or tips from anyone on how to get through a stall. I’m cutting meats out my diet completely started Oct 1st see if this will help also..

18 minutes ago, kswin79 said:

Update I’ve lost 74 pounds since January surgery I’m happy now but my goal another 20 lbs so I need suggestions or tips from anyone on how to get through a stall. I’m cutting meats out my diet completely started Oct 1st see if this will help also..

How do you plan on getting enough Protein if you cut the meats?

I weighed in at 321 on my surgery day and today I weighed in at 221. So I'm officially down 100 pounds since surgery and have just 41 more left to lose! 😊