Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 4/10/2020 at 10:40 PM, sarahSingh91 said:

Has anyone hit a three month stall I have been stalled for a week 😝 I know it will pass but the head games mess with me

I'm currently stalled a bit. Between weeks 5-7 I only lost 1.8lbs but then it picked up again. Now between weeks 11-13 I've only lost 2lbs. I'm sure it'll pick back up again. Ebb and flow.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:40 PM, sarahSingh91 said:

Has anyone hit a three month stall I have been stalled for a week 😝 I know it will pass but the head games mess with me

FWIW, I haven't heard of a single individual that did not experience stalls.

I had a two month stall that lasted over a week with no loss. Two weeks later I was down almost 12 pounds. Saturday, I didn't loss an ounce. The next day I lost a pound an a half.

16 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

My stall broke and I lost 5lbs over night yayyy

Nice!

Hello All,
Been busy sheltering in place. Not fun at all, but it is working. I find I'm looking for something to eat all the time. I'm trying to keep busy working on projects/crafts, but I keep feeling I want something to eat. I am continuing to loose weight, but only .5, .2, .4 at a time....a little disappointed. I started at 235 day of surgery....12 weeks later I am at 200....I am soooo looking forward to breaking 199....
Today I had chicken for dinner and.....I just spit up a bit, it was sitting at the top of my stomach and had pain.....was fine with it before....not now....And yes I chewed it a lot. I will most likely go back to soft foods and soups....I seem to do really well with them. Stay healthy everyone[emoji846][emoji846][emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel like I’m experiencing a 3 month stall as well however it’s not my first stall. Might be my third. Still averaging 10 lbs a month so I will take it. 260 to 245 since Jan 13

I’m down 40lbs today guys I was 265 at surgery to 225 today.. I had surgery Jan 27th🙏🏽 continued process

14 hours ago, kswin79 said:

I’m down 40lbs today guys I was 265 at surgery to 225 today.. I had surgery Jan 27th🙏🏽 continued process

That's awesome! I also had my surgery January 27. I'm also down about 40lbs. I've lost this much before and has always been where my weight stalled and my diets stopped working. Hoping surgery is the tool that keeps the loss going.

I’ve stalled l for a few weeks, then drop a couple pounds overnight. Frustrating but I’m averaging roughly 5lbs lost each week since surgery so I can’t complain. I had surgery 1/7 and down 70lbs since surgery. Even when I’m not losing pounds I can definitely see it in inches and how my clothes fit!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

Congrats on the awesome job!

As of last week I'm down just over 50lbs. Been in a stall (normal, I know - still a little frustrating) but still feeling good about my progress. The next milestone I'm excited for is to hit under 250 - that will be a big one for me.

I'm wearing clothes I haven't even looked at in years which is cool. It's funny, looking at the mirror I don't see a lot of progress by my co-workers and my wife all insist how obvious it is. I'm ok with this. :)

Keep rocking it, guys and gals. And stay safe out there.

1 minute ago, RMaxton76 said:

Congrats on the awesome job!

As of last week I'm down just over 50lbs. Been in a stall (normal, I know - still a little frustrating) but still feeling good about my progress. The next milestone I'm excited for is to hit under 250 - that will be a big one for me.

I'm wearing clothes I haven't even looked at in years which is cool. It's funny, looking at the mirror I don't see a lot of progress by my co-workers and my wife all insist how obvious it is. I'm ok with this. :)

Keep rocking it, guys and gals. And stay safe out there.

I have to buy new clothes every few weeks. About six weeks ago, I bought two pairs of pants 36 inch and 38 inch waist. I'm already into the 36s. Need to buy some more. 34's and 32's. I haven't worn 32's since 1970. I've already gone from XXXL polos to L's. I can get into the mediums but they're a tad snug. I wore mediums in the 1980s.

This stall sucks. Only lost 2.8lbs the last 3 weeks, 0.8lbs the last 2. Still plugging away though.

20 hours ago, alissajs said:

I’ve stalled l for a few weeks, then drop a couple pounds overnight. Frustrating but I’m averaging roughly 5lbs lost each week since surgery so I can’t complain. I had surgery 1/7 and down 70lbs since surgery. Even when I’m not losing pounds I can definitely see it in inches and how my clothes fit!

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

That's awesome! You look great! I haven't really stalled yet, but I know it's coming.

Hi guys. Just checking in. I'm down 41 pounds and feeling great! I would like to lose 25 more pounds, but my weight loss has really slowed, only 1/2 pound last week. No complaints, though, I'm really feeling good.

Looks like everyone is doing well, no matter how small the loss, it is a loss. Well done all.

Like everyone, isolation is harder when the kids have so much rubbish in the house to eat, but I have adpated to having smaller versions of what they eat, so we may have hot dogs, but I don't have a bun, I may have a corn wrap, and if they are having fries, I will have 3 or 4 and no more. Had a stall last week of -0.5lbs, but back to losing 3-3.5lbs a week every week as of today. So 83lbs down since the op, feeling strong, cycling loads, doing so much gardening and lifting etc, I feel great, my body looks so different and lets just say my wife is very very pleased, says it is like having a new man!!

Pic on the right was NYE 2019 (4 months ago in fancy dress Run DMC gear at an 80's party), the pic on the left is me today. So shirt off pics I am afraid, didn't do that.

The best thing I have ever done. As a big drinker before, I have not had a sip since NYE and I feel great. I will have another drink soon, but at the moment I am not bothered even though my wife is having a G&T or fruit cider most nights.

Just being a better me. Love it.

Stay safe all.

902201D2-67F5-4760-A0B7-C499F228A47E.thumb.JPG.08c9aefaf7cf0a6c899179ed96322c29.JPG