Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

Before surgery and a couple days ago.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

On 3/26/2020 at 11:16 AM, sarahSingh91 said:

Looking good!

How's everyone doing?

Had my revision on Feb 3, 2020. Noticed that the weight isn’t coming off as fast and easy as it did the first time. Any thoughts?

On 3/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, Zyad said:

How is everybody doing with their fluids intake? Do you guys still get dehydrated? I had some issues with dehydration, but now it’s getting easier to drink Water. Got my surgery on the 22nd of January, lost about 45lbs in week 3 ( didn’t eat almost anything for couple days or drink much the first 3weeks). Didn’t have to have pre op diet. The only issues I’m facing right now is gout attacks in my legs because I had a lot of liver with a lot of hot sauce for three days in a row 😅. The other issue I’m having is acid reflux when I lay down. The doctor gave 3 types of medications to take through out the day for the reflux, but I don’t like relying on the pills, so I’m visiting a Korean alternative medicine doctor who told me can fix the reflux with acupuncture. Paid him a visit last Thursday, and I have another appointment next Thursday. The reflux status is good so far after I got my first appointment along with avoiding the food that triggers the acids in my pouch. Sorry for the long message. I was just sharing what’s in my mind.

I haven't gotten to if you had other responses yet, just thought I would say. I have been taking a pill first thing in the morning with my first drinks of Water when I wake up. Long before I eat, usually like at least an hour or so before I will eat any real food. It's really been helping.

On 3/30/2020 at 12:15 PM, PostVSGandKeto said:

How's everyone doing?

Sick of lockdown/quarantine/shelter in place that's for sure. Been doing nothing but walking around neighborhood or riding bike, quick grocery store trips maybe once a week. Been home since March 13th, orders for California where I live are to continue this until May 3rd.

😭 Today is the 3rd anniversary of my mom's passing and I'm suppose to be with my sister. But no traveling, had to cancel my flights to see her.

I physically can't eat more than about 3 1/2 ounces of food which is super helpful because I think I would totally be gaining weight if I could eat more. I've been doing "very well" with my hydration as I track like I'm on crack every ounce of Fluid going into my body and usually hitting about 70 ounces.

I was on a Keto diet prior to doing WLS and have pretty much continued that but more Protein then fat diet, but not very many veggies. How do people fit in veggies when protein is your main objective? The struggle is real. Also how to get in so much protein besides drinking it when we have to wait 15-20 minutes before and after eating to drink again and we need so much liquid. It's like there are not enough hours in the day. I know I'm crazy spiraling sorry.

As for weight loss, gosh I feel like I should weigh less by now. I mean I exercise regularly and I eat/drink less than 800 calories a day and my active calories per day are anywhere from 800-1200. Total calories burned daily like 3000-4600. The math just doesn't seem to add up to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

I miss hugs 🤗 I am an extrovert and this being cooped up is killing me.

1 hour ago, Ostflicka said:

Sick of lockdown/quarantine/shelter in place that's for sure. Been doing nothing but walking around neighborhood or riding bike, quick grocery store trips maybe once a week. Been home since March 13th, orders for California where I live are to continue this until May 3rd.

😭 Today is the 3rd anniversary of my mom's passing and I'm suppose to be with my sister. But no traveling, had to cancel my flights to see her.

I physically can't eat more than about 3 1/2 ounces of food which is super helpful because I think I would totally be gaining weight if I could eat more. I've been doing "very well" with my hydration as I track like I'm on crack every ounce of Fluid going into my body and usually hitting about 70 ounces.

I was on a Keto diet prior to doing WLS and have pretty much continued that but more Protein then fat diet, but not very many veggies. How do people fit in veggies when Protein is your main objective? The struggle is real. Also how to get in so much protein besides drinking it when we have to wait 15-20 minutes before and after eating to drink again and we need so much liquid. It's like there are not enough hours in the day. I know I'm crazy spiraling sorry.

As for weight loss, gosh I feel like I should weigh less by now. I mean I exercise regularly and I eat/drink less than 800 calories a day and my active calories per day are anywhere from 800-1200. Total calories burned daily like 3000-4600. The math just doesn't seem to add up to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

I miss hugs 🤗 I am an extrovert and this being cooped up is killing me.

Sorry to hear about your trip, I hope you guys at least got to hop on the phone together. I've been staying connected with zoom meetings, had my whole family on this Sunday and it was great to see their faces.

I'm in Maryland so the shelter in place order came just yesterday. Fortunately, as a dog walker, I can still get out everyday to serve those clients who have essential roles, so that's helped a lot.

I cannot get all my protein from food. I'm still drinking a shake everyday. I'm also a big fan of Keto, so while I'm focused on protein, I'm not shying away from full fat cheese(don't tell on me). I've had almost no veggies!!! I miss them so much, but I just have no room.

I'm in a stall at the moment, only lost .4lbs this week. So annoying, but hoping to see the results in my measurements which im terrible at taking. Also feeling lucky I had surgery before all of this or I'd be mostly binge eating while stuck at home. I'd totally take .4 down than 10-20 up, so silver linings I guess.

Greetings from NYC. After having resided in Northern California for ten years I learned to always keep in stock essentials and small bills so when the stay at home order hit we were pretty well prepared and didn’t have to run out to purchase anything. NYC is not a city designed for stockpiling, at least not for the average citizen, so people do have to go outside at least weekly to buy food and do laundry. I’m very proud of my adopted City as New Yorkers truly do pull together during a crisis. Don’t believe what you see in movies about rude New Yorkers—it’s really not true.

As for weightloss...I’ve actually lost more weight during this lockdown. Don’t know why, but I think knowing that I can’t get out whenever I want has made me more careful with what I eat. I’m finding little projects to do and dancing to YouTube videos so actually being more active now than I was before the lockdown. Being stuck indoors with my 22 year old daughter, who walks around singing “im so bored” is the only challenging aspect of this experience. I’m fortunate to have two bathrooms, a large terrace and washer and dryer in the building so life for us has not really changed. Thinking about volunteering but my daughter freaks out when I say that because of my age. It’s hard knowing that my neighbors might be struggling and doing nothing about it. I’m so proud of my fellow Americans for pulling together through these trying times. Well, there is one thing I’m struggling with and that’s not being able to physically see any of my grandchildren. I have three in NJ and two in Texas. Had flight booked for April 14 to visit Texas and still haven’t cancelled the flights but now that we have a travel advisory that trip won’t be happening. Wishing everyone peace and good health.

Jan 6 Surgery weight: 228 lbs
Current weight-today: 193 lbs

On 3/26/2020 at 10:16 AM, sarahSingh91 said:

Woo, hoo! You are looking great!

On 03/30/2020 at 13:15, PostVSGandKeto said:

How's everyone doing?

Really tired of the shelter in place. But glad went kicking this virus in the butt! We go hiking 3-4 times a week. So still getting out and active. I have been nauseous lately idk why. Just every time I eat and everything I eat. I’m just like 🤢. Other than that doing ok.

I'm tired of the shelter in place too, but I'm hanging in there. I went on a bike ride today and worked in the yard a bit. My weight loss has slowed down, but I'm definitely eating more. It seems that I'm hungry every 2-3 hours, but I'm eating healthy, so still losing. I'm so thankful we all got our surgery before this pandemic. I feel sorry for all the people who had their surgeries cancelled. That must have been such a let down.

13 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Really tired of the shelter in place. But glad went kicking this virus in the butt! We go hiking 3-4 times a week. So still getting out and active. I have been nauseous lately idk why. Just every time I eat and everything I eat. I’m just like 🤢. Other than that doing ok.

That's so weird cause I've been having the same issue. Even Water is sitting poorly and leaves me burpy. I decided to try a reset and yesterday I did all liquids, water and shakes. Today I think I'll stick to soft foods (I'm thinking yogurt and eggs:)) and I'm hoping that will do the trick. Tomorrow's my weigh in say so a cleanse can't hurt...

10 hours ago, rene50 said:

I'm tired of the shelter in place too, but I'm hanging in there. I went on a bike ride today and worked in the yard a bit. My weight loss has slowed down, but I'm definitely eating more. It seems that I'm hungry every 2-3 hours, but I'm eating healthy, so still losing. I'm so thankful we all got our surgery before this pandemic. I feel sorry for all the people who had their surgeries cancelled. That must have been such a let down.

I am thankful also, we are really lucky. I know I'd be binging and gaining weight right now if not for surgery

Had my sleeve on 20 Jan. Time to update.

Doing very well. No issues to speak of.

Down fifty pounds including pre-op.

Pants from 48 to 38, shirts from XXXL to L.

I can now pick up things off the floor.

Very happy.

2 hours ago, Duke483 said:

Had my sleeve on 20 Jan. Time to update.

Doing very well. No issues to speak of.

Down fifty pounds including pre-op.

Pants from 48 to 38, shirts from XXXL to L.

I can now pick up things off the floor.

Very happy.

Wow! That is amazing. You are doing great!