Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

Sometimes I just eat veggies lol [emoji23] idk we r recommended to try new things and that includes veggies I have ate cucumber tomatoes salad asparagus broccoli Celery zucchini squash. Etc
The one thing I haven’t tried is carrots two. It’s pretty easy and yummy
Yeah I was told to do one at a time to see how I react to it. So far just had raw cucumber and it did well!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Uomograsso said:

I do the calcium chews. They have lots of different flavors. I have the French vanilla caramel. They are pretty good.

Yeah, I considered those, but I really wanted to keep to one a day if possible and I think the chews are two a day right?

On 02/24/2020 at 21:26, sarahSingh91 said:

Sometimes I just eat veggies lol 😂 idk we r recommended to try new things and that includes veggies I have ate cucumber tomatoes salad asparagus broccoli Celery zucchini squash. Etc

The one thing I haven’t tried is carrots two. It’s pretty easy and yummy

Yeah I’ve tried cucumbers also in my crab salad and zucchini and mushrooms I just get them soft by sautéed and then yesterday we was advanced so I can have more things like boiled egg and different meats. It varies by the weight loss facilities I think.. but my thought is veggies can’t be bad for ya 😂

On 02/25/2020 at 08:59, kswin79 said:

Yeah I’ve tried cucumbers also in my crab salad and zucchini and mushrooms I just get them soft by sautéed and then yesterday we was advanced so I can have more things like boiled egg and different meats. It varies by the weight loss facilities I think.. but my thought is veggies can’t be bad for ya 😂

Yea I don’t think they are bad but some people stomachs are not strong enough to grind it down and pass through to the intestines so u feel fuller longer on the raw veggies and may not be able to eat it small meals. But yea it is different each facility each plan. Even my facility has multiple surgeons and they have different instructions for their patients. Lol

Cucumbers would be a good start for raw veggies as they are mostly Water. I have been doing onions and peppers in my morning egg beaters. I cook them until they are soft then add my eggs. Haven't had any issues so far.

Tomorrow will be one month (4 weeks and 3 days) and the scale finally hit 20 lbs lost.

Of course I didn't get enough fluids yesterday and woke up with no energy and a bad headache. So today I'm back to just liquids until dinner so I can focus on rehydration.

I've been going to the gym consistently and I have a new foster dog who needs consistent walks So I think with all the extra activity I was not hydrating properly. It's just so hard when you're trying to manage eating and drinking and can't do both at once . So today I'm just going to focus on one thing.

And for you're viewing pleasure, here's a picture of my deaf foster dog Bluebelle. She's the sweetest! 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200222194730363_COVER.jpg

13 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Tomorrow will be one month (4 weeks and 3 days) and the scale finally hit 20 lbs lost.

Of course I didn't get enough fluids yesterday and woke up with no energy and a bad headache. So today I'm back to just liquids until dinner so I can focus on rehydration.

I've been going to the gym consistently and I have a new foster dog who needs consistent walks So I think with all the extra activity I was not hydrating properly. It's just so hard when you're trying to manage eating and drinking and can't do both at once . So today I'm just going to focus on one thing.

And for you're viewing pleasure, here's a picture of my deaf foster dog Bluebelle. She's the sweetest! 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200222194730363_COVER.jpg

Bluebelle is adorable, just look at those eyes and her big smile! That may be a good idea just focusing on hydration for a day.

This is my baby. His name is T-Bone.

. IMG_0134.PNG.aa42b80b948a8100d32444177dc5ffe0.PNG

Dogs! Those are 2 cute pups. I have 3 rescues myself. Here's the latest one when we first got her, Graycie, and her laying on top of her big brother, Bo, watching TV with me.

C4172B6C-1845-4C73-B433-5A40421EB7E1.jpeg

7BF8CCA6-9095-43A0-94BB-FE29A7525B6C.jpeg

Dogs! Those are 2 cute pups. I have 3 rescues myself. Here's the latest one when we first got her, Graycie, and her laying on top of her big brother, Bo, watching TV with me.

C4172B6C-1845-4C73-B433-5A40421EB7E1.thumb.jpeg.85d886549e666ea4003acc905e3b2108.jpeg
7BF8CCA6-9095-43A0-94BB-FE29A7525B6C.jpeg.3e46ce8dae7734625bbe6074edf1aa56.jpeg

Awww they're all so cute! I have two of my own dogs and foster pretty much all the time. Kittens and dogs, and often the ones that are sick, need bottles, or extra work like this one who is deaf and needs to learn hand commands. It's hard but rewarding! I've fostered over 120 animals!

1 hour ago, BadWolfGirl said:

Awww they're all so cute! I have two of my own dogs and foster pretty much all the time. Kittens and dogs, and often the ones that are sick, need bottles, or extra work like this one who is deaf and needs to learn hand commands. It's hard but rewarding! I've fostered over 120 animals!

That's amazing, keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, BadWolfGirl said:

That's awesome! I used to foster also, but unfortunately, my rescue is a single dog only. He appreciates being the spoiled only child and doesn't take kindly to his love being divided. Love him to death!

20170403_085402.jpg

Today was my first day transitioning to regular food and it went fine, no problems tolerating anything. I had a little bit of soft cauliflower rice for lunch. For dinner I had a skinless chicken thigh, sautéed yellow squash, and sautéed 'shrooms. As you can see from the pics, my eyes were bigger than my new tummy. I ate 1/2 of the chicken thigh, 3-4 bites of squash, and all the mushrooms. It was so good! I think I ate a few extra bites after I was full because now I feel stuffed. I'm going to have to slow down and stop when satisfied, not full. The plate looks huge in the pics, but it is a small salad plate.

IMG_0316.JPG.ac8e90d93183215c471e88f5424ba5ab.JPGt

IMG_0317.JPG

@rene50 You did better than me. I could barely manage a chicken thigh. Definitely no room for any veggies. I had chicken breast satay for lunch. Four in an order, I could only manage one and a half skewers. That was about three ounces. I have lunch for Thursday and Friday.

20200226_132952.jpg

Thought I would share this it’s Dr. V master class for controlling hunger

https://kajabi-storefronts-production.global.ssl.fastly.net/kajabi-storefronts-production/sites/6732/downloads/On1JMxbjQlOvH5ORdUlQ_Conquer_Hunger_Forever.pdf