Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2020 Surgery Folks

On 2/10/2020 at 12:22 PM, Taj said:

You’re doing fantastic and your excitement shines through!! Keep doing what you’re doing cause it’s working!! Also had my vsg on 1/6/20. Down 21 lbs, which might be considered slow, but not concerned because I haven’t been able to eat much so I’m not exercising yet. Right now I’m just focused on figuring out what I can eat, being balanced and establishing healthy eating and sleeping habits. I’ve talked about the frustrating constipation and it is definitely NO joke. What is your stool softener routine? I just started trying them last week and they don’t seem to do anything for me.

Thanks very much! My routine is pretty simple - I take Colace in the morning after my Multivitamins, and at least 1 packet of Benefiber in the afternoon (depending on what I've eaten that day perhaps 1 in the evening too). Miralax as needed (maybe 2x per week for me right now? Down from daily immediately after sugery - which my surgeon suggested/required). Hope this helps!

On 2/10/2020 at 4:14 PM, sarahSingh91 said:

Yayy glad you’re doing great! Have u hit any stalls? I think I may be in one right now and it really messes with my head. I started doubting myself. Then called surgeon and he said it’s fine which I have heard about them. But when things r moving along and then stop ur like o hell no lol yea I understand the heavy feeling. It just like hits ur stomach hard.

The 3rd week stall is a real thing. My weight loss went from rocket speed to turtle slow seemingly overnight. And then a week later it had picked back up. I don't think I was doing anything different - I guess the body just has to make its adjustments. Stick with your plan, don't be down on yourself, and avoid the scales for a few days - I had a bad habit of checking my weight every other day for the first couple weeks just because I was excited to see the number dropping. . .sticking with once a week now - much better in the long run mentally.

19 hours ago, sarahSingh91 said:

Hey would anyone like to share what they eat in a day? This is why I ask. I am in a stall and I am kind of a little upset. And freaking out. Pretty sure wits just me being paranoid I am averaging 400-600 calories a day and I am in my 5th week post op? The scale didn’t move this week :/

I am on soft foods here was my day yesterday

BF: 1 packet sugar free maple brown sugar oatmeal with 1 scoop of GENEPRO Protein powder and splash of sugar free salted caramel Syrup -159 cal total

L: 2 oz refried Beans, 1 oz cheddar cheese Soup, 1 oz red enchilada sauce, 2 oz avocado - 158 calories total

D: Ricotta bake with unflavored protein powder mixed in - 200 calories total

Snack: Dannon light and fit key lime Greek yogurt- 80 calories

Also had a bariatric hot chocolate for 90 calories

Total for the day 686 calories, 86 grams protein, 48 net carbs, 15 grams sugar, 21 grams fat and 12 grams Fiber. I have started exercising again and found I need to keep above 600 calories or I just drag butt all day. My weight loss has tapered off but I am not worried. There will be good weeks and bad weeks, but it will all average out.

Edited by Uomograsso

On 02/12/2020 at 10:13, RMaxton76 said:

The 3rd week stall is a real thing. My weight loss went from rocket speed to turtle slow seemingly overnight. And then a week later it had picked back up. I don't think I was doing anything different - I guess the body just has to make its adjustments. Stick with your plan, don't be down on yourself, and avoid the scales for a few days - I had a bad habit of checking my weight every other day for the first couple weeks just because I was excited to see the number dropping. . .sticking with once a week now - much better in the long run mentally.

Yea that’s how I was. Dropping like 2lbs a day then nothing. 😳

Sooo I started this topic then disappeared... sorry about that!! Going back to work was NO JOKE. I was fine eating soft foods, being at home, yadda yadda... but then going back to work threw me for a loop! I was EXHAUSTED. I teach middle school art so I was hugged on and loved on allllll daaayyy long... finally I told my admin I had to get back to the kids.... lol. But for real, I didn’t get a lot done that day because I was catching up from the past two weeks.

I’m staying on plan, which is good, but I’m having a harder time getting liquids in because of going back to work. I can’t take two or three gulps like I used too, so now I, sipping small sips all day and still don’t finish my tee is full of crystal light. *le sigh* I’m getting there though.

Another hard thing is supplements. I briefly scrolled through the feed and saw y’all were talking about that- my doctor has a strict supplement policy. There are three different options, and I chose the one my insurance pays for. I have to take 3 Calcium chewables a day, 3 irons at bedtime and two Multivitamins at bed as well. Also, it includes a B12 nasal spray that I use once a week. It’s called nascobal, and PTL my insurance pays for it because I have a feeling it would be expensive otherwise. After a year of so, I will go on two flints one chewables a day. Yikes. Prob an Iron supplement too because I’ve always been slightly anemic.

Anyway, hope y’all are well.... sorry to drop off like that but y’all! I was a ZOMBIE!! Xoxo xoxo

On 02/12/2020 at 21:18, TattooedSeaStar said:

Sooo I started this topic then disappeared... sorry about that!! Going back to work was NO JOKE. I was fine eating soft foods, being at home, yadda yadda... but then going back to work threw me for a loop! I was EXHAUSTED. I teach middle school art so I was hugged on and loved on allllll daaayyy long... finally I told my admin I had to get back to the kids.... lol. But for real, I didn’t get a lot done that day because I was catching up from the past two weeks.

I’m staying on plan, which is good, but I’m having a harder time getting liquids in because of going back to work. I can’t take two or three gulps like I used too, so now I, sipping small sips all day and still don’t finish my tee is full of crystal light. *le sigh* I’m getting there though.

Another hard thing is supplements. I briefly scrolled through the feed and saw y’all were talking about that- my doctor has a strict supplement policy. There are three different options, and I chose the one my insurance pays for. I have to take 3 Calcium chewables a day, 3 irons at bedtime and two Multivitamins at bed as well. Also, it includes a B12 nasal spray that I use once a week. It’s called nascobal, and PTL my insurance pays for it because I have a feeling it would be expensive otherwise. After a year of so, I will go on two flints one chewables a day. Yikes. Prob an Iron supplement too because I’ve always been slightly anemic.

Anyway, hope y’all are well.... sorry to drop off like that but y’all! I was a ZOMBIE!! Xoxo xoxo

I was wondering what happened to you!! I have 100% admiration for people who go back to work so quickly. I’m in week 6 and still wouldn’t want to be back at work. So nice that your insurance pays for supplements and super nice that your surgeon has a package. I would be confused trying to take the Calcium two hours apart from the Multivitamins. lol Thank you for checking in. Speaking for everyone—we missed you!!

Post more pics soon. You’ll probably lose even faster now that you’re back at work.

4 minutes ago, Taj said:

Post more pics soon. You’ll probably lose even faster now that you’re back at work.

IDK.... I feel like I’ve hit that stall people keep talking about but who knows.

The supplements aren’t so bad, I just forget to take the Calcium with meals. Trying to get better.... oh and I’ve added Biotin on my own.... my hair had always been one of my favorite attributes so I want to do what I can to keep it! Lol.

IDK.... I feel like I’ve hit that stall people keep talking about but who knows.

The supplements aren’t so bad, I just forget to take the Calcium with meals. Trying to get better.... oh and I’ve added Biotin on my own.... my hair had always been one of my favorite attributes so I want to do what I can to keep it! Lol.
I have to take two Calcium twice a day but can't take them within two hours of my Iron. Need to take the chewable Multivitamin 2 a day. Vitamin D once a week, B12 and Biotin are sublingual. It's like a full time job keeping track of all of it ! Haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you're doing well!

I was doing great, went to the gym, and died in the couch at 7 pm yesterday hahahah

On 02/12/2020 at 21:42, TattooedSeaStar said:

I think the smallest change to my routine causes a slight stall. Takes a few days for my body to catch up. You’ll probably drop 5 pounds over the weekend after a full week of being on your feet more.

1 hour ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

YOU ARE AMAZING! Already back to work! That must be very hard and I'm sure you are zomie-like when you get home, but you are doing it and working your plan.😅 I go back to work Monday, so I'll probably be joining you in Zombieland. Get some rest, girl, and thanks for letting us know how you're doing. 😘

YOU ARE AMAZING! Already back to work! That must be very hard and I'm sure you are zomie-like when you get home, but you are doing it and working your plan.[emoji28] I go back to work Monday, so I'll probably be joining you in Zombieland. Get some rest, girl, and thanks for letting us know how you're doing. [emoji8]
I was back three days after surgery but work from home so it was so nice to be able to go at my own pace. I moved my office to the couch haha! And honestly working kept my mind busy!

Rest as much as you can when you can and heal up!

3 minutes ago, BadWolfGirl said:

I was back three days after surgery but work from home so it was so nice to be able to go at my own pace. I moved my office to the couch haha! And honestly working kept my mind busy!

Rest as much as you can when you can and heal up!

Three days! 😳 I don't care if you do work from home, that's awesome that you were able to get back in the groove so quickly.

Three days! [emoji15] I don't care if you do work from home, that's awesome that you were able to get back in the groove so quickly.
I work in scientific research and publishing. Deadlines wait for no man. Lol