Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite stage 4 recipes?

I will hopefully be released to "normal" food next week, and am looking for some of your favorite healthy recipes. I plan on picking up some turkey breaks, chicken breasts and fish and then some veggies, but it would be great to get some ideas on what to do with them.

I freely admit that pre-surgery I was a huge carb eater and most of my recipes and meals center around carbs so i'm trying to rebuild!

some people find chicken breast too dry the first few months, so if you get some of that, find some kind of sauce to go on it. Or go with thighs - they're not as dry.

In the first months, it's all about keeping food really simple and expedient. You will be eating so little that the last thing you want to focus on is cooking and food interaction. So do what needs to be done, simply.

I agree with @catwoman7. Use meat lube aka gravies and sauces on the side to dip Protein in at first. It helps it go down.

I wanted and needed to feel full and feel restriction, so I did choose harder to digest meats (aka dry dense lean protein). :) But I did use some ready made sauces (low fat, low carb, low sugar, low to no cal). I always had these on hand (frozen in ice cube trays in 1-2oz portions, then put into bags and labeled:

Heinz Homestyle chicken Gravy

Heinz Homestyle Beef Gravy

Classico Lite Asiago Cream Sauce

Central Market Taste of Italy Marinara

Light Hollandaise Sauce

99% FF Creamy Poblano Soup

99% FF Cream of Mushroom Soup

99% FF Cream of Chicken Soup

Mild Salsa

Mild Enchilada Sauce

Mild Taco Bell Sauce

Then I would just make things like:

Foil Wrapped Fish

Pan Seared Chicken Breasts

Grilled Chicken Breasts

Grilled Salmon

Ground Turkey Crumbles

Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles

Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Patties

HEB Hatch Turkey Burgers (air fry them)

Carton Egg Whites

2% Cheddar Shreds

Low Fat Mozzarella Shreds

2% Cottage Cheese

Nonfat Greek Yogurt Plain

At first: frozen veg & canned green Beans, then later switched to fresh and cooked al dente. But by that time, most of the meat lube had gone away.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!