Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight loss Timetable/Stall

Surgery date was December 18. Down 28lbs as of today. Have been stalled for a week. Can’t wait to see my nutritionist to make sure I’m on the right track. I feel like I should be down more by now. Is it just me?

This is called beginners of the journey panic Or commonly known as B.J.p (ok that i made up)

- Ok for you veterans here i go with my Math answer to this question - Lets look at your situation from a Math perspective

So you are down 28 pounds in a month and half

So 28 x 6 = 168 Pounds in a year! Great Job

So do not panic and give it time, all new comers to the journey do the same thing. Enjoy the ride and stay on course and Next year Feb 6 I will congratulate you on your loss of 168 pounds of Fat and how healthy and happy you look

Edited by AJ Tylo

Stalls happen about this time post-op, so it's frustrating but completely normal. Push through it by sticking with the program.

2 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

This is called beginners of the journey panic Or commonly known as B.J.p (ok that i made up)

- Ok for you veterans here i go with my Math answer to this question - Lets look at your situation from a Math perspective

So do not panic and give it time, all new comers to the journey do the same thing. Enjoy the ride and stay on course and Next year Feb 6 I will congratulate you on your loss of 168 pounds of Fat and how healthy and happy you look

I think that might be the best advice I've received yet! Thank you!! Gives me hope!

MrsSnapBack I haven't lost 28 lbs I had my surgery a month from today and as of today i have lost 26 lbs is that normal and is the losing the weight takes time.

unless you're the size of one of the participants on "My 600 lb Life", your weight loss is normal. I lost 16 lbs the first month. Many of us (probably most) lost somewhere between 15-25 lbs the first month. Stalls along the way are also very normal, the first one usually occurring within the first 4-6 weeks after surgery (often the 3rd week, which is why we call it "the three week stall"). I have mixed feelings about "My 600 lb Life" because I think it gives a lot of WLS patients unrealistic expectations. Starting BMI is one of the factors that influence your rate of weight loss, and the people on that show tend to start out at MUCH higher BMI's than your average WLS patient. As long as your weight is trending down, relax. I was a "slow loser" from the get-go, and I lost all of my excess weight - over 200 lbs.

19 hours ago, AJ Tylo said:

Nobody loses the exact same amount consistently for a year.. No way..

The first few months you will lost the most maybe 6 months if you have a Lot to lose but then it will slow right down even possible to go thru multiple stalls over a year.

Also a month and a half is 6 weeks and a year is 52 so it would be 28 x 8.66.

You are correct my math was off! and to think I am a engineer

No CATWOMAN7 I am not a my 600lb participant. I am a regular person that had surgery a month ago, I was 225 lbs and a month from the 6th of Feb I am down 26 lbs just want to know if loosing the weight takes time that it.

5 minutes ago, Raquel M. said:

No CATWOMAN7 I am not a my 600lb participant. I am a regular person that had surgery a month ago, I was 225 lbs and a month from the 6th of Feb I am down 26 lbs just want to know if loosing the weight takes time that it.

in that case, your rate of weight loss is completely normal..