Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Preventing Pouch Stretching

Just stumbled across a video on YouTube that I thought would be useful to share with you guys! I love the steps that he has made out and the way he explains it. Although he is talking about a serious topic, I think he's hilarious about it as well. Hope that you guys enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Edited by BoredFatGirl

@BoredFatGirl

Good video, thanks for posting it. I like how he teaches patients on how to eat post surgery. I also like Dr. Weiners take on the subject of stretching your surgery,. *video below*

The difference of surgery restriction becoming less as you progress out vs sleeve stretching.

GREAT videos ladies, Thanks!!👌😃

I liked him when I first came across his videos, but then he started to flog dodgy health products and trying to gain distributors for them (MLM) from his followers...a big no no as far as I am concerned. Some of his ad hoc videos showed an increasingly frantic man who seemed to have lot the plot.

His job now seems to be marketing himself (doesn't do weight loss surgery anymore) and marketing his workshops / conferences which seem to have a 'making a lot of money' with MLM theme.

Edited by Hop_Scotch

Fair enough! I just thought his points in this particular video were nice. I honestly didn't do much researching about him after this one. I am personally a fan of the a*****e-ness that he seems to have going on, but I definitely understand that it's not for everyone! 😅

I thought he was hysterical!😂 Spot on in his grasp of things, too. I will continue seeking him out—-just not a candidate for MLM. Lol

I don’t use saucers for plates but had Corelle dishes for ages, some basic white pieces (I wished I’d kept all of them) the plates are called appetizer plates and are the perfect size they are the same as a saucer but without that indent for the cup. they come in nice patterns now too. Just in case anyone is interested.

appetizer plate

https://www.corelle.com/product/winter-frost-white-675-appetizer-plate

I also have two types of small bowls that I use, one deeper bowl and one shallow bowl.

shallow bowl

https://www.corelle.com/product/winter-frost-white-24-ounce-dip-condiment-bowl

Soup bowl

https://www.corelle.com/product/winter-frost-white-6-ounce-mini-dip-bowl

As far as spoons I use a normal spoon or have tendency to use my fingers if or certain things. Like cut up veggie burger into small bites.

I understand he is speaking to people who might be accustomed to being big eaters. Used to big plates and big bites. I’ve worked on that for years. I had habitat of my main meal being lunch. admittedly I don’t always take it perfectly slow. I might have a hard time with 30 seconds between bites. But I figure as long as the portion isn’t bigger than my pouch, that I’m full from the meal, And I’m sticking to my calories and Protein range I’m ok. I could be wrong I don’t know. I do try it’s just some foods are not good texture congealed or cold and it’s hard enough my tastebuds don’t work normally ...

Anyway, it’s an interesting video, but I guess some of it seems condescending to say well if your hands are free you will automatically pick up bread and eat it ... I just put on my plate what my exact portion is measured out. No more.

maybe it’s just me but videos like this make me panic a bit about the idea of stretching my pouch even though I don’t eat big portions and I thought it’s natural for the portion to increase to a certain amount over time. I guess some people do push the limits though. I’m working hard to not fall into that.

My nutritionist did teach a little bit about mindful eating but I’m surprised at how many doctors do the surgery without educating their patients or giving proper nutritional guidelines.