Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2020 Surgery Folks Come On in!



Recommended Posts

I couldn’t find my original post, which would explain this post better, but I live in the state of Washington where we have that coronavirus outbreak and my surgery is getting canceled. It was scheduled on the 26th. All elective surgeries are getting canceled at every hospital. This is my second cancellation (The first cancellation was explained in my original post) has a and it’s getting pretty frustrating. It’s making me second-guess whether I should be doing it or not but I know that I need to get it done. I’m getting pretty depressed I need to get back to Illinois and see my 90-year-old parents. But I’ve been waiting to get this surgery out of the way so that I can fly safely or drive safely. But with these cancellations it’s been taking two extra years for me to get this done. Now I have no idea how long this is going to get delayed. Now all I wanna do is just binge and I know that’s not gonna do me any good so I’m trying to keep it under control. right now our state is ij lockdown and we don’t get to go out of our house unless we need groceries or other important things like that. I just wish something would break and it would get all over so we can get back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my surgery on March 3. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to have gastric bypass surgery before elective procedures have been put on hold because of COVID-19. I’m quite relieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had surgery 3/12. Right under the radar of when cancellations started to happen. I had surgery at Blossom in Las Vegas and saw my local MD for follow up today. He removed my steri strips and pronounced me well healed.

I ate my first real food in three weeks today and that was glorious. I’m looking forward to getting this show on the road weight loss wise. I’m down 17#’s since surgery. And starting into the 3 week stall that others have talked about.

Hoping for a quick return to normal so everyone can move on with their surgery plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ronjsteele1 said:

Had surgery 3/12. Right under the radar of when cancellations started to happen. I had surgery at Blossom in Las Vegas and saw my local MD for follow up today. He removed my steri strips and pronounced me well healed.

I ate my first real food in three weeks today and that was glorious. I’m looking forward to getting this show on the road weight loss wise. I’m down 17#’s since surgery. And starting into the 3 week stall that others have talked about.

Hoping for a quick return to normal so everyone can move on with their surgery plan.

@ronjsteele1

We are almost surgery twins. Mine was the 13th. Did you have bypass or sleeve? I have the glue on my stitches. What did you eat?...did it feel funny going down? I'm so courious...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are almost surgery twins too! I was the 11th, also down 17 pounds! And today is my first food, for lunch I will have 2 oz of ground turkey with gravy. Not that exciting I know but I am pretty excited about it! No stall here yet but I’m expecting it. Bypass here, and all my glue is gone.

I’ve never lost 17 pounds in my life, no matter what I’ve tried, so I am overjoyed at how well this is working so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, asnirak said:

We are almost surgery twins too! I was the 11th, also down 17 pounds! And today is my first food, for lunch I will have 2 oz of ground turkey with gravy. Not that exciting I know but I am pretty excited about it! No stall here yet but I’m expecting it. Bypass here, and all my glue is gone.

I’ve never lost 17 pounds in my life, no matter what I’ve tried, so I am overjoyed at how well this is working so far.

@asnirak

Congratulations, on the lost so far. I think the lack of appetite is the most interesting thing so far.

I was reading my guide in preparation for sat (15 days =real food for me). I'm thinking fish, but I have some meatless ground beef (which I think is tofu) that I might try. I will have to remember to make it moist though...

You mentioning gravy reminded me of that.. thank you!!!

Did you rub the glue in the shower? I have been gentle around the incisions, I think I have a good about of glue left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all. Day 8 post op. Been so hungry and been difficult to get all of the Liquid Protein in, but getting the Water in. Finally can sleep on my sides-somewhat; helps to sleep better due to back issues. First day of taking Vitamins and will have some full liquids later today. Will bubble wrap myself and attempt a short walk (probably just around the parking lot).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mello1 said:

Hey all. Day 8 post op. Been so hungry and been difficult to get all of the Liquid Protein in, but getting the Water in. Finally can sleep on my sides-somewhat; helps to sleep better due to back issues. First day of taking Vitamins and will have some full liquids later today. Will bubble wrap myself and attempt a short walk (probably just around the parking lot).

@Mello1

The wrap should help a lot. I used it quite a bit. I just sleeping on my side yesterday, so you are doing very well in that category.

I am surprised that you have an appetite, but everyone is different. I too had a hard time with meeting hydration and Protein goals. I finally found a good unflavored Protein Powder. It's by Isopure, its unflavored and I added it to my unsweetened applesauce this morning and couldnt taste it. Last night I had Soup, and couldnt taste it in the soup either.

Everyone says walking helps...keep it up!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post op - Week 2 - started Purées which is great, but in a slump & kinda bummed.

No weight loss since Sunday. Going to be tricky adjusting to real foods. I know part of it is also I’m not walking enough. Gotta get it moving. Just tired and it’s grey and cold. But those are excuses.

I’m limiting weighing myself Sundays and Wednesdays so I don’t obsess too much. Here’s hoping for progress Sunday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Girlnextdoor00 said:

@ronjsteele1

We are almost surgery twins. Mine was the 13th. Did you have bypass or sleeve? I have the glue on my stitches. What did you eat?...did it feel funny going down? I'm so courious...lol.

I had the sleeve. I just had steri strips over my incisions. My doctor took the strips off yesterday as my incisions are healed over.

I ate a scrambled egg with 1 tbls of real bacon bits mixed in. Didn’t feel any different. I actually wasn’t full afterwards which was disappointing. However, others have said when you start to eat the full feeling kicks in and they were right. This morning I made an egg and one chicken sausage. I could only finish 2/3 of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Stinkerbells2ndact said:

Post op - Week 2 - started Purées which is great, but in a slump & kinda bummed.

No weight loss since Sunday. Going to be tricky adjusting to real foods. I know part of it is also I’m not walking enough. Gotta get it moving. Just tired and it’s grey and cold. But those are excuses.

I’m limiting weighing myself Sundays and Wednesdays so I don’t obsess too much. Here’s hoping for progress Sunday!

Yeah, I wouldn't weigh but once a week. The weight will come off over time. Once I get more energy, I'm going to start to look into exercise tapes on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, @Mello1. I told myself that on a Wednesday’s “count”, but of course can’t help being a little greedy. Gotta count the blessings and remember to keep playing the long game. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did kind of run at the glue tbh. But they all seemed so healed. And I took pictures and sent to my NP and she says they are great.

Started solids today and it went fine! Nervous that a stall is going to happen soon but just taking it one day at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2020 at 1:07 PM, Girlnextdoor00 said:

@Casey2020

Considering the time you were suppose to be on the liquid diet, what are their recommendations for prep? If they didn't give any, I would call and ask. Just to make sure you are good to go when they give you a new date...you know.

I was only supposed to do 2 weeks to begin with but i took it upon myself to do an extra week because i have fatty liver disease so i thought i would be helping by doing the liquid diet another week. When they cancelled they just told me to wait for them to call to tell me to start the 2 week diet again. Thank you for the advice. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • TakinThePlunge

      WOW by the Grace of God 17 years ago I went to Mexico and had a lap band put on for weight loss and my waist was 64 inches and That’s more than 5 foot around and 18 stone  my weight was 375 pounds. Today I went shopping for not sweats and I succeeded. I found pants and a shirt at an awesome price at Burlington by the way. But the real story here is, today. My waist is 45 inches and my weight is 260. Both incredible numbers but think about this. My waist is almost 20 inches smaller around Wow that’s a brain wrecker.  Still, I love my band  I even celebrate it’s birthday 10-26-06 FYI-it’s kind of like choking yourself, and never letting go. And trying to eat. lol Life is good 
      · 6 replies
      1. Traci Lynn

        https://t.me/pump_upp

      2. Traci Lynn

        https://t.me/pump_upp

      3. Traci Lynn

        https://t.me/pump_upp

      4. TexasHeathen

        https://t.me/pump_upp

      5. TexasHeathen

        https://t.me/pump_upp

      6. View All Replies
    • HeidiNSydneyAus

      Hi all! I’m Heidi, a Canadian ex-Pat living in Sydney, Australia. I’m doing this surgery because my mom died 10 years ago from obesity, she lived her own 600lbs life.  So at 116kg, it’s time to make sure my daughters don’t lose their mom to obesity.

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • rolawre

      Good evening all...how was your endoscopy? 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ynotiniowa

      4 days to go till my gastric bypass surgery!!!! 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Ellebronwyn

      Drinking my favorite Premier Protein Shake for breakfast, and planned a nice healthy lunch today. Protein first, Veg second, then fruit, and carbs last.  💪
      #backtobasics
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×