Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2020 Surgery Folks Come On in!

2 hours ago, JLynnY said:

My surgery went as planned! I feel great. Just ready to get home now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Good to hear you’re feeling well!

Glad to hear you are doing well. You'll be home soon.

6 hours ago, JLynnY said:

My surgery went as planned! I feel great. Just ready to get home now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Make sure your medical staff has on new gloves and masks until you are discharged.

On 3/20/2020 at 8:07 PM, ebbii0927 said:

Who all has received notification their surgery has been postponed? So far I'm still scheduled, but I'm on pins and needles

Sent from my SM-N976V using BariatricPal mobile app

When is your surgery scheduled for?

I am now 16 days out from sleeve surgery. As tired as I am of liquids I find I’m very hesitant to start moving on to the puréed. I feel great no issues just hesitant. Anyone else have that issue and suggestions to get started? Thank you.

32 minutes ago, Margaret 5161 said:

I am now 16 days out from sleeve surgery. As tired as I am of liquids I find I’m very hesitant to start moving on to the puréed. I feel great no issues just hesitant. Anyone else have that issue and suggestions to get started? Thank you.

I'm only 9 day post op, but I prep new foods with hesitation. I was provided a very inclusive binder for weight loss surgery. It includes macros, examples of receipes to use at each stage, and examples of a daily menu to mimick at home to meet nutritional needs. I use it as a guide,to say oh...I can have this and that, eventhough I have no appetite.

I downloaded a bariatric cookbook yesterday, it includes options for each stage. Most is for the pureed and general diets, but I picked it because it tells which recipe is okay for which stage. And reviews say that people have been using it years after their procedures to stay on track. There are some a few taboo things in their bypass people can't eat, but sleeve or band people can so you have to know your personal dog's and don'ts. It's called "fresh start bariatric cookbook by sarah kent if you want to check it out.

The reviews were mixed, I checked b&n and Amazon. I figured it was worth a peek. That's if you are into receipes. I'm usually not, but I knew I would need a little help with this nutrition stuff.

13 hours ago, Margaret 5161 said:

It's great to hear you're having no issues! I had my surgery on 3/1, I get to start soft foods on Wednesday 3/25 personally I'm excited because I am also very tired of this liquid diet. I really need to have a little variety at this point. The only thing I can think of to ease your mind would be to make the pureed food with more liquid until you're more comfortable that you can handle it. Or call your nutritionist and let them know your concerns, I'm sure they will have some suggestions for you. Have a great day! 😊

I was supposed to have my surgery Friday but they called me Thursday afternoon and cancelled cause of the Coronavirus. They said they hope to be back on track by April 17. I was on that liquid diet for 3 weeks. I'm dreading doing that all over again.

7 minutes ago, Casey2020 said:

I was supposed to have my surgery Friday but they called me Thursday afternoon and cancelled cause of the Coronavirus. They said they hope to be back on track by April 17. I was on that liquid diet for 3 weeks. I'm dreading doing that all over again.

@Casey2020

Considering the time you were suppose to be on the liquid diet, what are their recommendations for prep? If they didn't give any, I would call and ask. Just to make sure you are good to go when they give you a new date...you know.

Oh my God ! I’m so sorry for you! I was upset because I’d been in the liquid for one week. Yours is way worse! Oh my! I hope you get scheduled again soon, and only one week of liquids not 3. 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

On 3/23/2020 at 8:37 AM, Margaret 5161 said:

I just had bypass a few days before you and I've been on purees (and full liquids) since the day I left the hospital (day 3 post-op). I haven't had any real issues except with Greek yogurt (I guess I'll be a bit lactose intolerant for a while, common with bypass, not so much with sleeve). But I had the sleeve 3 years ago so have already been through this once before, where I had to wait a couple weeks before going on purees. In both cases, waiting, or starting right away, I've been doing well. I've been drinking blended Soups, pureed veggies, soft tofu, cottage cheese, etc. Just go slow and start with small amounts at first. Try one new (pureed) food per day. After a few days, try adding another pureed food for a second meal. Your sleeve will let you know what's working and what's not.