Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2020 Surgery Folks Come On in!

One thing that's true for me is the 2-3 week stall. I'm not going to get my nerves in a bundle, 15 days out and I'm 12 pounds down, I'll take it. I have my ideas for this wls journey, I'm going to release control and go with the flow.
I think we already talked/replied to each other about this but I'm not 100% certain. Either way I'm right there with you. 16 days out, 10lbs down and stalled for the last several days. I'm just going to ride the wave. I can only eat about 1.5 -2 oz at a time so it's not my intake. We have to just wait it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the cancellations that keep coming up. Keeping my positive attitude because I know you all will get your surgeries in the proper time. It just wasn't in your plans to delay and I understand that.
I was originally scheduled for my surgery on 1/31/20, my son was shot on 1/21/20 and died on 1/22/20. He was going to be with me during my surgery and be my support and care system. I don't want to get into that, I'm sharing to say that sometimes we have to go with the flow and things aren't always in our control. Stay the course and if you are dedicated to your wls, it is going to happen for you. We will be right here cheering you on.
Oh goodness my deepest condolences for your loss. Praying for more and more peace and comfort for you during this time. Thank you for sharing yourself with all of us here and being an encouragement and support. You are an amazing woman!

Just now, Slimmy-mommeee said:

Oh goodness my deepest condolences for your loss. Praying for more and more peace and comfort for you during this time. Thank you for sharing yourself with all of us here and being an encouragement and support. You are an amazing woman!

I had to cross the finish line for my son, he was the person who believed in this procedure and for me getting back to healthy. In honor of our journey that we started together and to be here for my 2 year old grandson. I'm going through a lot, I mean more than I could ever imagine. I don't believe in giving up and quitting, I have to be the best version of myself as his mother and person who is going to be here to tell his son about his father's love for him.

Perseverance is my super strength for the moment. The positivity of this site keeps me motivated and forward moving, especially as a secret sleever

@Krimsonbutterflies As a single mother of two boys and the oldest being the one who has helped me tremendously during this journey - my heart is with you. Your strength is something I can only pray to have if my path was similar to yours. Keep up the good fight!

39 minutes ago, Slimmy-mommeee said:

@Krimsonbutterflies As a single mother of two boys and the oldest being the one who has helped me tremendously during this journey - my heart is with you. Your strength is something I can only pray to have if my path was similar to yours. Keep up the good fight!

Single motherhood is what I understand, that was my path. Thank you and I will pray that you never have this journey. Stay blessed and grateful 🙏🏽🙇🏽‍♀️💜.

@Mello1 so good to hear from you! Im glad you made it thru surgery and are on the road to recovery. In a few days you’ll start feeling better. I wish you best of luck on your journey!! ❤️

@Krimsonbutterflies I just read about your loss. I don’t know what to say other than the strength and support you are providing to us on this site is amazing. I can’t imagine what you’ve been through. Thank God for women like you.

Just now, CammyC said:

@Krimsonbutterflies I just read about your loss. I don’t know what to say other than the strength and support you are providing to us on this site is amazing. I can’t imagine what you’ve been through. Thank God for women like you.

Thank you for your support, this site is a life line for me as well. I reciprocate what I receive, love and respect on here. This is a phenomenal group of people who are all going through life and trying to improve, aren't we all fighting for strength and survival.

12 hours ago, Slimmy-mommeee said:

I had that feeling one day in the middle of my belly...it was so weird. It came from me trying to get dressed too fast.But I remember reading others having the same experience. I used my Abdominal binder or the little heart pilllow from the hospital. Hopefully that belly band will help you. But I would strongly advise you to take it easy and give your body time to heal. If you are feeling pain your body is telling you something. I promise after 2 weeks you will feel much better but still need rest. Whenever my abdominal area starts aching I stop and have a seat. Also I was still taking Tylenol 5 days post op. My first week and half was really really tough for me. I experienced alot of pain and slept alot. Please just take it easy. You'll be up and around in no time.

Thanks for the advice! I have to see what I can use to hold my stomach in.

12 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

Sorry for the cancellations that keep coming up. Keeping my positive attitude because I know you all will get your surgeries in the proper time. It just wasn't in your plans to delay and I understand that.

I was originally scheduled for my surgery on 1/31/20, my son was shot on 1/21/20 and died on 1/22/20. He was going to be with me during my surgery and be my support and care system. I don't want to get into that, I'm sharing to say that sometimes we have to go with the flow and things aren't always in our control. Stay the course and if you are dedicated to your wls, it is going to happen for you. We will be right here cheering you on.

Gosh I’m so sorry to hear that. You seem to be a very strong person.

2 hours ago, Mello1 said:

Gosh I’m so sorry to hear that. You seem to be a very strong person.

How are you feeling? I'm devastated and trying to get through this process and honestly I don't know how I do this, but I do it. I believe in God and I have to believe in myself to be a good grandmother to my son's child. I have to be, I appreciate BP because of people like you Mello 1, GreenTeal, Fluffy chick, Catwoman and this March group is amazing. So was my old January group of people, I'm thankful for the opportunity to transform my lifestyle and better health.

2 hours ago, Mello1 said:

Thanks for the advice! I have to see what I can use to hold my stomach in.

My hospital provided an abdominal binder for me after surgery. Very useful the firsr few days following your procedure.

15 hours ago, Slimmy-mommeee said:

I had that feeling one day in the middle of my belly...it was so weird. It came from me trying to get dressed too fast.But I remember reading others having the same experience. I used my Abdominal binder or the little heart pilllow from the hospital. Hopefully that belly band will help you. But I would strongly advise you to take it easy and give your body time to heal. If you are feeling pain your body is telling you something. I promise after 2 weeks you will feel much better but still need rest. Whenever my abdominal area starts aching I stop and have a seat. Also I was still taking Tylenol 5 days post op. My first week and half was really really tough for me. I experienced alot of pain and slept alot. Please just take it easy. You'll be up and around in no time.

Thanks...I was super tired last night, and I today I've been taking is easy. It's hard to rest, but you are right, the body needs time to heal.

2 hours ago, Krimsonbutterflies said:

How are you feeling? I'm devastated and trying to get through this process and honestly I don't know how I do this, but I do it. I believe in God and I have to believe in myself to be a good grandmother to my son's child. I have to be, I appreciate BP because of people like you Mello 1, GreenTeal, Fluffy chick, Catwoman and this March group is amazing. So was my old January group of people, I'm thankful for the opportunity to transform my lifestyle and better health.

Hi! Thanks for asking -- I'm getting along well. When I start to feel a bit of discomfort, I take the liquid Tylenol.

I'm glad that we can be a support to you.